SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS EMO?

cool ra-ul

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

wierd kids who are like punk rockers in computer sciences. hardcore nerds. actually i have no fucking clue some kids i went to school with turned emo, i always thought it was nemo, and they wear tight shit and listen to funny british pop.... but they got hot girls :(

Guest BLINK_evryda

haha emo??

In contrast to popular diessent, it is not short for emotional, it is short for emolian. Yes emolian, i know its whack but so are the guys who like it. The get up kids is a cousin to emo but its not emo its indie pop rock/indie rock/pop punk. Real emo goes as Texas Is The Reason, Mineral, Fugazi, etc. It comes out of washington DC in the late eighties when hardcore punk started to pick up. The emolian guys wanted an alternative to hardcore, they were all originally hardcore punk types unntil idiots like the get up kids desamated the style. And the thing about the hair and black clothing thats tight, it comes from a mix of goth/im depressed, mixed with neo-british punk style/dirty gutter punk/ weezer sac rides/metal head with a short haircut. The originator of real emo such as Mineral and fugazi and a whole other group of unkown DC underground bands never dressed the way these current emo kids do. and they are just that kids, following stupid trends.

the real thing about the way they dress comes from being simple.

real emo starts off slow and builds up to a climax of raw feeling and intensity[much like hardcore] and then drops off.

im out

later

Guest BLINK_evryda

pedro the lion[a tooth and nail band, christian] and dashboard confessional are good examples

some other good ones are

the juliana theory

emo/core

boysetsfire

recover

Originally posted by BLINK_evryda

pedro the lion[a tooth and nail band, christian] and dashboard confessional are good examples

some other good ones are

the juliana theory

emo/core

boysetsfire

recover

please never, ever clump pedro the lion in with garbage like the juliana theory...pedro the lion is just like your typical singer / songwriter folk...in more ways than one. not every band that doesnt 'chugga chugga' should be labeled this ...because then we would have to rewrite history with simon and garfunkle as the inventors of emo....not embrace, rites of spring , or slint.

check out slint, texas is the reason, the metroschifter, car vs. driver and those types of bands. "emo" was hot shit before it turned into sissy ass junk. somewhere after the first promise ring full-length it all went to hell. piebald still rocks it like they're supposed to, check 'em out if you've never heard their songs.

this is the type of shit that makes me feel really old..like so old i should smack myself upside the head quit writing sell my decks and car and put on some gap clothes and get on with my life in a "proper adult like fashion"..maybe its cause im from canada but i have never heard of this emo or "sxe" that you guys were talking about in an earlier thread..weird..i went to fugazi like 2 months ago and i was really thrown back by the way the lead vocalist got very ajetated (sp?) at moshing and smoking weed to the point of shutting her down...i was like wtf?...dood this is bc that "no weed" shit aint gonna fly here, but i digress, this whole new hardcore punk thiing is very new to me so please speak on people....back in the day punk was ratty old chuck taylors with a mack jacket,spiked hair slurring an english accent while drinking room temerature beer and skating bowls with large cracks in them but apparently things are now "different"..im interested...speak on brothers:confused:

Guest MR BOJANGLES

id like to take every emo kid and grab them buy their shrunken adidas jacket, slap the glasses off their faces, strangle, them put a walkman playing some happy music on them, strap rollerblades to their feet, and push them down a steep hill.

Originally posted by LMNO?

this is the type of shit that makes me feel really old..like so old i should smack myself upside the head quit writing sell my decks and car and put on some gap clothes and get on with my life in a "proper adult like fashion"..maybe its cause im from canada but i have never heard of this emo or "sxe" that you guys were talking about in an earlier thread..weird..i went to fugazi like 2 months ago and i was really thrown back by the way the lead vocalist got very ajetated (sp?) at moshing and smoking weed to the point of shutting her down...i was like wtf?...dood this is bc that "no weed" shit aint gonna fly here, but i digress, this whole new hardcore punk thiing is very new to me so please speak on people....back in the day punk was ratty old chuck taylors with a mack jacket,spiked hair slurring an english accent while drinking room temerature beer and skating bowls with large cracks in them but apparently things are now "different"..im interested...speak on brothers:confused:

from what i remeber the singer of fugazi is Ian Mckaye who was formerly in the band Minor Threat which was a hardore straightedge band. Hardcore straightedge: dont smoke dont drink dont do drugs sumthing bout dont fuck? maybe old ian is just getting back to his og

roots although i think he did stay straight through to the fugazi thing

those were fun shows for me even if i did get a blakeye (always with the eye damit haha) standing to close to that wild ass pit, i saw bands like Youth of Today, Reason to Believe dammit dammit cant remember too many more hmm must be all the ganj i been puffin since my straight days to make up for lost time

rock on

rad, I am listening to youth of todayright now...and I still think ray cappo sounds like yoda singing for a hardcore band

who cares about if someone is "emo"...some people will call me emo, other just call me a bit gq and some people call me an asshole. I wear black glasses so does that mean I am emo?..I listen to dashbpard confessional too, so am I emo?

who gives a flying fuck because will stab you in the fucking throat with my glasses you fuck.

yo zack

oh yeh and that :beat: blakeye was from a G.B.H show which was fukin crazy it was in the back of the old fenders ballroom in downtown Long Beach (LA)

so since you still keep up or whatever still listening to (thas dope) do you care to shed some light on his later band (Ray Capponose Youth of Today)

SHELTER? is it true they were like hare krishna or sumthing like that? i never got a chance to see what that was all about...and do you know Gorilla Biscuits? they were fuking SIKK

just askin

kirk out

Guest got tha feva
Originally posted by BLINK_evryda

Real emo goes as Texas Is The Reason, Mineral, Fugazi, etc. .

Texas is the reason emo sucks! what!

j/k, emo's a type of music that falls into the hardcore, punk, and indie rock scene's. The list of emo bands isn't a huge one, but it's used to describe more whiney/pop genre's of certain other types of music (see above). What you need to know is that when people are using emo as an insult they mean it's weak, nerdy, flamingly homosexual, sweater and black framed glasses on the not-quite-fashion tip, greasy black star trek looking hair DOn'ts via the term 'spok rock', embracing a femminine side even females can't stand, ya dig? Don't go there, and have no mercy on those who do... they love the abuse, it gives them something to write about in their silver star laden journals.

PruDE

p.s. yes i have a mineral quote as my signature, it's all love.

Guest got tha feva

hey how'd you find my picture seppuku? are you an emo boy? can we make sweet sweet love then smother our naked bodies in raw hog fat while listening to boy sets fire? mmmm mmmm mmmm :D

PruDE

Archived