1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

someone good with colors....please help

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by cazper, Apr 26, 2002.

1. cazper

cazper Guest

someone good with colors....please help

Discussion started by cazper - Apr 26, 2002

ok i just did this piece in this guys book and i dont wanna fuck it up cuz this guy is tight as fuck and i'm lucky to be even be putting something in his book. Now I'm horrible with colors, what 4 colors would be good for an old school style, sorta like Can2? i have a 24 set of prismas so im sorta set for right now, but i think im goin to get some more tomorrow so.......any suggestions?

thanks, also if i do color it tonight i'll post it tonight or when i wake up tomorrow

2. cazper

cazper Guest

cazper - Replied Apr 26, 2002

yall probably think im just some dumb kid actin like he can write and he has skillz....im serious, i really need some color help, my color imagination sux....

3. sect one

sect one 12oz Elite Member

sect one - Replied Apr 27, 2002

ask daze or zone

sect one - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. -sudz-

-sudz- Guest

-sudz- - Replied Apr 27, 2002

looks through at pieces and see what colour schemes you like.

5. cazper

cazper Guest

cazper - Replied Apr 27, 2002

well i think im gonna be using 4 colors:
    1)sienns brown(sorta tan, little darker)
    2)red
    3)orange....
    4)and maybe some green..

see, told u i was horrible with colors

6. NoEZ

NoEZ New Jack

NoEZ - Replied Apr 27, 2002

ok lets see what i can do here......ummm

orange and blue colors go together...
    green and purple go together....
    red and yellow go together.......just keep that in mind...

try using about 3-4 colors only...or else it will make people heads turn earlier than you want them too....but some people can pull it off....they are just very smart..haha....try getting a color wheel and study how it works and try and memorize color skemes that work together..then it just comes naturally.....i dont know what im talking about anymore....oh yea colors...um....oh and neutral colros go together well....you know...black, white, brown, and grey....thats it..im tired of this thread..p

NoEZ - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  7. beard

beard Guest

beard - Replied Apr 27, 2002

do 4 shades of the same color with a black outline. cant go wrong.

i suggest yellows, cus yellow is cool and not enough people use it.

then again, nasty ass barf/diarrhia greens are real nice.

and reddish oranges are just blazing.

you get the idea.

black outline, and use the lightest fill color to do an outer shell thingie, then leave it alone. please dont do a bunch of bubbles and cheesy tech graphics as a background.

8. BRISKE

BRISKE New Jack

BRISKE - Replied Apr 27, 2002

why is this in the picture post if there's not even a picture we can look at?

BRISKE - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  9. philestine

philestine New Jack

philestine - Replied Apr 27, 2002

I find these personal choice questions pretty strange. Especially when you're a Graffer yourself! Don't any colour combos or schemes look appealing to your eyes?
    If you have the ability to sense a horrible colour choice then you should be able to do the opposite.
    Suggestions are always cool but picking apart your favourite graf pieces, or any other works of art, and finding out why you feel a particular colour, tone, angle, style etc., usually ends in solid development.

I'm looking forward to your post.

philestine - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  10. sarifs&clips

sarifs&clips 12oz Member

sarifs&clips - Replied Apr 27, 2002

Color schemes

I usually stick to lighter colors for the basic fill when working on paper with prismas. Then use darker colors for the designs. Thats why I liked the old metal Design Markers that had the 0 value colors. AD markers can still be had with some ultra light shades. Anyways thats just my personal choice, I ve seen dope pieces pulled off with dark fills too. If you have a color chart you can use the complimentary color of your basic fill to rock your force field and it will help pop the piece out and give you some contras. Take it for what its worth and dont limit yourself.

sarifs&clips - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  11. MadMarker

MadMarker New Jack

MadMarker - Replied Apr 30, 2002

outline the black with a hot neon color like turquois or pink. It will make your sketch jump off the paper.

MadMarker - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  12. fizm

fizm 12oz Member

fizm - Replied Apr 30, 2002

some basics on color schemes from grade school art class:

primary
    red, blue, yellow

secondary
    orange, purple, green

warm
    red, orange, yellow

cool
    purple, blue, green

complementary
    red,green
    blue,orange
    purple,yellow

split complementary - fresh
    red, yellow-green, blue-green
    purple, yellow-green, yellow-orange
    blue, yellow-orange, red-orange
    green, red-orange, red-violet
    yellow, red-violet, blue-violet
    orange, blue-violet, blue-green

that's all for today's lesson.

fizm - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. krie

krie Guest

krie - Replied May 1, 2002

i like pinks purples whites and greys

go down sweeeeeeeeet as

14. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

mental invalid - Replied May 1, 2002

i was gonna say ask beardo.....

but hes already chimed in...easy on my bubbles mangs...hahaha...nevermind im not sending you a flick...

i dig the peach in the prisma set for shell as well as the pink....the shades of blue, as beards was mentioning, would be cool, esp cause in the 24 set, they lack yellows severely, but have like 5 shades of blue....

the last ones i did had peach/yellow/red/orange, and purple/sky blue/navyblue....love them markers...

mental invalid - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  15. MRBURNS

MRBURNS Guest

MRBURNS - Replied May 2, 2002

THE BLACKBOOK LESSON

SUPPLIES: INKING PENS, SHARPIES, DESIGN MARKERS, PRISMACOLOR COLORED PENCILS, AND WHITE HALLMARK GEL-PENS (IF U DONT KNOW, GO GET ONE AT HALLMARK DICKHEAD)

PRISMACOLOR PENCILS ARE WAXBASED, WHICH MEANS THEY APPLY KINDA LIKE CRAYONS, EXCEPT THE NEATNESS OF A PENCIL. SO U CAN COLOR A PIECE IN DARK, AND DO DESIGNS AND HIGHLIGHTS WITH COLORED PENCILS. THE GEL-PENS ARE SWEET FOR WHITE SHINES IF YOUR NOT DRAWING SOMETHING ENOURMOUS. INK YOUR JOINT, FILL THE BASICS WITH MARKERS, AND GET BUSY WITH SOME PENCILS. (IF U GOT MONEY, BUY EM, IF U GOT SKILLS, RACK EM)

OR, PAINT MARKERS. IF U FILL A PIECE IN WITH PAINT MARKERS, U CAN DO ANY COLOR, OVER ANY COLOR, OVER AND OVER AGAIN TILL U GET IT RIGHT..THEY DONT COME OUT SUPER CRISPY, BUT CRISPY ENOUGH. A FEW PEOPLE I KNOW DRAW LIKE THAT. ITS MORE LIKE PAINTING.