Somebody please explain this to me...

VAITOMANOCU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Melburnian

I get it now.

Every multiple of nine has the same symbol. Every answer you have in your head is a multiple of nine (unless you are an idiot). Every time you try again the symbols change on the multiple of nine.

So for the person that the thing didnt guess for you correctly. You are an idiot.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

The equation they give you, although it sounds like it could turn up ANY number, actually turns up a very limited group of specific numbers, all of which have the same symbol assigned to them.

For example, if you chose 49, your equation would be 4+9= 13; 49-13= 36

If you chose 48, your equation would be 4+8= 12; 48-12= 36

If you chose 47, your equation would be 4+7= 11; 47-11= 36

And so on, you can see how all the possibilities would amount to less than 10 numbers between 1-100. Put the same symbol on those numbers, and ta daa. Magic. Beer,

El Mamerro

*Edit: I posted this before I saw the one above me, which completes the proof. all the possible answers are multiples of nine.

i think things like this are kind of cool... and i am not very good at logic, so mamerro, correct me if i'm wrong...

you're saying that certain multiples of 9, i.e. 9, 72, 36, 81, etc. are assigned a specific character. and you are bound to do the addition/subtraction and come up with a multiple of 9. ok. i agree, that could work. but, the odds aren't very good; there are quite a few multiples of 9 you can get... even if there were only two, it should logically still mess up half the time. but it didn't, it still isn't, and this is about the 35th time in a row it's been correct as to what i was thinking. do you see what i'm saying? you're not givnig the program any information and i doubt someone delved that deep into psychology to figure out what numbers people will choose one after the other to "rig" it in any way... i dont know, do you understand my confusion?

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by some pittsburgh flavor

i think things like this are kind of cool... and i am not very good at logic, so mamerro, correct me if i'm wrong...

you're saying that certain multiples of 9, i.e. 9, 72, 36, 81, etc. are assigned a specific character. and you are bound to do the addition/subtraction and come up with a multiple of 9. ok. i agree, that could work. but, the odds aren't very good; there are quite a few multiples of 9 you can get... even if there were only two, it should logically still mess up half the time. but it didn't, it still isn't, and this is about the 35th time in a row it's been correct as to what i was thinking. do you see what i'm saying? you're not givnig the program any information and i doubt someone delved that deep into psychology to figure out what numbers people will choose one after the other to "rig" it in any way... i dont know, do you understand my confusion?

I don't think you got the explanation fully...

If you do the equation right, you are bound to get any of these following numbers:

9-18-27-36-45-54-63-72-81

You won't get any other number outside that group. Go ahead, try it. You can't.

Now check out the symbol next to those numbers. It's exactly the same. There is no way you CAN'T get the right symbol, unless you do the equation wrong. Beer,

El Mamerro

i dont know if anyone else noticed but the symbols dont stay on their respective number every time. pick any number, say 64, and click the sphere and then try again...youll notice the symbol for 64 changes if not every time then every other time. and the same goes for every other number, im pretty sure. i have no idea what this means, its just something i noticed...

Guest Melburnian

It means every multiple of nine changes every round. If you look closely you can clearly see that every multiple of nine has the same symbol. Remember that symbol and click the button. I guarantee that it will be the symbol that you were just looking at.

The end.

Archived