some things just make me sick

Zack Morris

67 dead cats found in refrigerator in Cooper City home

sun-sentinel.com

Posted December 17 2001, 6:15 AM EST

COOPER CITY -- A woman was arrested Sunday on animal abandonment charges after police found 67 dead kittens and cats inside a refrigerator of the woman's unoccupied home.

Police responded to neighbors' complaints of foul odor coming from the home of Audrey Jean Weed, 50.

Officers found 24 cats and one dog loose in the home.

They also discovered litter boxes overflowing with feces and 31 dead kittens and 36 dead cats in a refrigerator and freezer. Some were wrapped in bags. ``It was foul, believe me,'' said Cooper City Police Capt. Marvin E. Stoner Jr.

Maureen Darley, a Broward County animal care officer, said the animals were very thin, and some appeared to be starving.

Weed was charged with 92 counts of animal abandonment. Stoner said Weed did not live at the house, but was using it as an ``animal retreat.''

Weed told authorities she had been having personal problems that kept her from attending to the animals, Darley said.

Police were investigating how the animals died.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

That IS pretty fuckin sick... here'e something to add to this topic:

About a week ago, before I came back home, a drunk driver hit a 5 year-old kid, no more than a few blocks from my house, and dragged his body 3000+ feet on the street. And the boy lived.

They showed pictures of him on the news, the left side of his face scraped down to the bone. I mean literally, you could see the kid's skull on his left side, as well as a few ribs, his hip bone, knee, and ankle. The kid and his whole family got hit, but he got caught on the car's undercarriage. It wasn't until a couple of spotlights down the avenue, when several cars honked their horns at the disgusting trail of blood and arms flailing from the bottom of the car, that the driver came to a stop, releasing the boy on the pavement. This driver is still at large and has yet to be arrested.

I was shown these news today, and all I could do was shit my pants with laughter. It is just SO HORRIBLE, so unthinkably terrible, that my mind just skipped the shock part and went into instant delirium. I really just didn't know how to react to something so absolutely evil, so mindbogglingly cruel, that all I could do was laugh at it. I don't know what the hell's wrong with me. That's quite possibly the wrongest thing I've ever heard of in my life, and all I can do is laugh and make jokes about it. My friends look at me weird, and all I can say is that it's the only way I can deal with the situation, not even crying will help me. Fuck. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest BROWNer

mammero, jeez.........thats brutal.

its great how they showed his injuries on

the news huh?....reality tv......

man thats brutal....poor kid...

mamerro I react to alot of the same things he same as you..I guess its my way of not letting it bother me. reading that made it much more intense for me than if I had seen it on tv. Some of us just deal with fucked up things in different ways

whats pink, slimey and tries to crawl up your leg?

a homesick abortion

I keep seeing these billboards around town that say, "Kittens are being thrown out of windows on I-35" How fucked up is that? The problem with people throwing kittens onto the highway is so bad that they have to have billboards telling people to call 911 if they see it.

Mammero - I can understand your feelings as well. Sometimes if you don't laugh you are going to cry. Shocking traumatic events often bring out inappropriate responses.

Somewhat related -

A week or two ago, there was a 19 year old kid who decided to hold a party while his parents were on vacation. The party ends up way out of control with reports of 200-300 people there. At one point some idiot decides to race up and down the street, burning his tires. The host asks him to stop and the driver replies "Fuck off". A large crowd gathers around the car yelling at the driver. A few minutes later the crowd parts and there is another 19 year old kid lying on the ground dead from a stab wound. The next day the news is out talking to the host and his friend. Dude says, well I tried to keep the party under control, but their were a lot of people and I was already drunk by then. At the end of the interview when they ask him how he feels about this guy getting murdered at his party he says, " I just don't know how to respond to this, all I can do is laugh."

Beyond the fact that he is probably dead now that his parents are home, he admits to hosting a party with alcohol and young kids, and then tells the news all he can do is laugh. So stress can cause you to have extremely inappropriate reactions.

Archived