Some pretty interesting commentary from the Canadians...

Guest Mr.Raven

Guest Mr.Raven

America: The Good Neighbor.

Widespread but only partial news coverage was given

recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from

Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television

commentator. What follows is the full text of his

trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional

Record:

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the

Americans as the most generous and possibly the least

appreciated people on all the earth.

Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and

Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the

Americans who poured in billions of dollars and

forgave other billions in debts. None of these

countries is today paying even the interest on its

remaining debts to the United States.

When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it

was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward

was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of

Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United

States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59

American communities were flattened by tornadoes.

Nobody helped.

The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped

billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now

newspapers in those countries are writing about the

decadent, warmongering Americans.

I'd like to see just one of those countries that is

gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar

build its own airplane. Does any other country in the

world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the

Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why

don't they fly them? Why do all the International

lines except Russia fly American Planes?

Why does no other land on earth even consider putting

a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese

technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German

technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about

American technocracy, and you find men on the moon -

not once, but several times and safely home again.

You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs

right in the store window for everybody to look at.

Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded.

They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless

they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American

dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were

breaking down through age, it was the Americans who

rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the

New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an

old caboose. Both are still broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to

the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me

even one time when someone else raced to the Americans

in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even

during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one

Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get

kicked around. They will come out of this thing with

their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled

to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating

over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one

of those."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cracked ass

Interesting. I think the main reason nobody helps us out is because we seem capable of taking care of our troubles ourselves (or we wouldn't be able to spare the $$ and people to help overseas).

Guest Ginger Bread Man
Originally posted by cracked ass:

Interesting. I think the main reason nobody helps us out is because we seem capable of taking care of our troubles ourselves (or we wouldn't be able to spare the $$ and people to help overseas).

my sentiments exactly. we are big brother

Guest freddy kreuger

it does put an interesting spin on things. not an iota of contempt, how bout that?

im happy to see this neighbor to the north giving his absolute support.

Originally posted by cracked ass:

I was thinking the same thing. The united states has one of if not the best economy in the world. Canada isn't too far behind, but still, you guys are pretty well off up there. We're donating blood for you

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'>

------------------

you are beautiful, just not on the inside

First of all thank you Canada, it is nice to hear someone else at least acknowledge the lack of balance.

Originally posted by *see-phore*:

what about the damage done to all those other countries by the americans?you can take credit for the good things but all the bad shit wasnt youre fault right.

As for you see-phore, what kind of crap is this? Do you honestly believe that every other country in the world is innocent with no blood on their hands. Bullshit, there are many other countries doing crap just as bad if not worse than the US. They love the fact that we are the ones that get attention for it because it allows them to stay in the background and continue their crimes unheeded. I'm not saying that the good ol' US of A is perfect, but enough of the crap. If you don't like the US, get out. That simple.

You don't leave however because there is nowhere else in the world that would support you and your anti-government beliefs.

Originally posted by Lush:

I was thinking the same thing. The united states has one of if not the best economy in the world. Canada isn't too far behind, but still, you guys are pretty well off up there. We're donating blood for you

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'>

trust me, there's plenty of canadian blood coming down south for all you yanks... http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'> i've seen a lot of 1-800 #'s dedicated to donating blood for the crisis

shiiiiiiet.. you know we got your back with our 13 tanks and 2 submarines baby!

haha

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'>

those are USED subs too..... we picked em up at a garage sale for weapons.

also, canadians like americans, we really do. weve been sending blood your way. and offering our houses and churches for your citizens who are stranded in our country.

[This message has been edited by T.T Boy (edited 09-12-2001).]

Originally posted by *see-phore*:

what about the damage done to all those other countries by the americans?you can take credit for the good things but all the bad shit wasnt youre fault right.

fuck you scumbag leave the country if its this bad then you fuckface....DIE

the damage we caus eother countries is usually pretty open. we know about flukes in soudi arabia, we know about hiroshoma nagasaki...there are others.

were not a pristine nation. no one is but our national debt is derectly caused by how much weve given to other nations.

but think about it. what other nation in any other time but now, has offered help to us in time of tragedy?

we are cetainly no angels. and this country has some of the most evil corrupt people in charge. but as a whole were no worse than any other nation out there. people here still want o be safe and do all the things they enjoy.

there is still some sense of whats right and wrong even though emenem sells records.

Originally posted by IHATEU:

fuck you scumbag leave the country if its this bad then you fuckface....DIE

eat a dick you rat bastard i dont even live there shit head get your fucking head out of your ass hole.did i say it was so bad?,no you fucking moron.i just want everyone to understand that even after yesterdays incident the us still doesnt have it even a quarter as bad as other war-torn countries,where the us's presence has only made things worse,you faggot fuckfaced piece of shit.

in conclusion suck my dick you dirty STUPID piece of shit.

Originally posted by bobobi11:

First of all thank you Canada, it is nice to hear someone else at least acknowledge the lack of balance.

As for you see-phore, what kind of crap is this? Do you honestly believe that every other country in the world is innocent with no blood on their hands. If you don't like the US, get out. That simple.

You don't leave however because there is nowhere else in the world that would support you and your anti-government beliefs.

as for you bobobi.what anti government belifes?oh shit you mean my anti war belifes,yeah i guess theyve got to go.incase you have problems reading in all of my prior posts my main objective was for every one to see things the way other countries are seeing them.did i say every country was perfect except the us no,you must be reading someone elses posts cause their not mine.do you live in a war-torn country?no?well,do you want to?no,well what do think the people in other less fortunate countries think about it?i think the us is the most hated country in the world,i dont hate it,but i can see why so many people do. by the way im not from the united states of america.

He quickly became one of my all time favorite foriegners.

For once and probably the only time I agree with IHATEU. (not directed specifically at see4) If your bitchin about how bad this country is get the fuck out. Try to do half the shit we think of as everyday meaningless shit in other countries. And you would probably be in jail. We live in the most free and greatest country on earth. It's people that bitch about this country and how bad it is. Then wouldn't want to live anywhere else that kill me. So anyone bitching about America can eat shit. If I knew you I would beat your ass. If someone who does know me would like to say something I will be more than welcome to pound your head into the concrete. I had to vent.

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by bobobi11:

If you don't like the US, get out. That simple.

exactly…

when did i bitch about the us?, can anyone on this site read?fuck,i only want you to look throgh the eyes of the wartorn countries and still say "yeah lets go to war" or maybe you dont mind war as long as your safe to go to the library,mall,grocery store,school etc. and if that is the case then you are pussy cowards and you all deserve to die.i have never had anything against the states,i do however have a major problem with cowardly iggnorant fools like the ones posting on this site "lets gettem back!" you want to hurt children and women and innocent civilians like the TERRORISTS(not civilians or a certain country) did than your just weak and i hope you know exactly what youd be putting people through.

[This message has been edited by *see-phore* (edited 09-12-2001).]

Originally posted by T.T Boy:

also, canadians like americans, we really do. weve been sending blood your way. and offering our houses and churches for your citizens who are stranded in our country.

[This message has been edited by T.T Boy (edited 09-12-2001).]

we got your back any day

Guest Ginger Bread Man
Originally posted by beardo:

there is still some sense of whats right and wrong even though emenem sells records.

HAHA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. where did taht come from

Archived