Some kind of monster - Metallica

Guest imported_Europe

Guest imported_Europe

So I went and saw this new Metallica film/documentary last night at a special screening. Its was pretty closeup film about the making of the St. Anger album, it took them over two years to finish the album. It was pretty interesting and funny, if you have been a Metallica fan at some point in your life I'm sure you will enjoy it.

James goes to Russia on a bear hunt before he disappears for a year of AA. He comes back sober and will only work from noon to 4pm every day, causing alot of trouble for the group.

Kirk takes the filmcrew surfing in Cali, his new hobby, and chills at his ranch.

Lars sells some of his amazing artcollection, including a 5 million dollar Basquiat, and talks about how he unintentionally became the most hated man in rock with the Napster case.

Jason is almost in tears talking about him leaving the band cause of James' ego. Later you see him all happy after his live debut with his new band Echobrain.

Dave Moustaine tells Lars about his 20 years in hell after getting kicked out in 1983. How every one has hated him and put him down while Metallica became the biggest heavymetal band of all time.

And the auditions for a new bassists ends with Rob being put down with the group and given 1 million dollars for starters, "to get inspired"...

Through the entire two years Metallica is being coached by Phil, a sportspsychology dude that forces them to sit and talk and open up about all their problems.

The movie is called "Some kind of monster" and has a pretty cool website with lots of info and features.

http://www.somekindofmonster.com/

http://www.somekindofmonster.com/images/press/photos/02_01.jpg'>

Metallica at the end of the film with their mental coach Phil

http://www.somekindofmonster.com/images/press/photos/03_01.jpg'>

Jammig at one of the studios used for the St. Anger album recording.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

damn.

i can't decide if that looks awesome or ridiculous.

maybe awesomely ridiculous.

i love[d] metallica, but who on earth isn't change by wealth and fame?

and changed into what?

sports psychology? 9 to 4 rock band?

hahhahaa

i'll prollly check that out

and i'm curious about their new album.

Guest BROWNer

hahaha...

let me highlight the useless music knowledge my

brain contains..

is that not the bass player from the almighty cheesz

band infectious grooves(also featuring suicidal

tendencies frontman cyco mike-o)???? hahaha

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by Weapon X

Haha, I wanna get Lars Ulrich to sign a burnt copy.

tee hee :D

i still like their old stuff though.

you cant front on that shit.

'pulling teeth' is fucking awesome.

whenever i want to get amped,

(on life, not drugs!)

i whip out a copy of 'kill em all'.

it gets the blood pumping for a

long night of fun and games!

'one' is one of my favorite songs

Originally posted by BROWNer

hahaha...

let me highlight the useless music knowledge my

brain contains..

is that not the bass player from the almighty cheesz

band infectious grooves(also featuring suicidal

tendencies frontman cyco mike-o)???? hahaha

i believe so. he was also ozzy's most recent bass player.

you know who else was also in infectious grooves?

josh freeze, from perfect circle.

metallica suck horse cock now. a sports psychologist? you fucking pussies. you're a metal band, not a bunch of ballerinas. i still like kirk, cause he's ugly and greasy looking, but the rest of them? fuck off. st anger was garbage.

no, i take that back. james was garbage. if the album was instrumental, i might have liked parts, cause it was pretty hard, but the lyrics were so horrible, i couldnt handle it.

metallica used to be good.....

i dont know why the spent 2 years on st. anger, they were trying to make it sound like the "garage" metal style, somthing simmilar to their first album(kill em' all) but yet they spent millions of dollars buying a wharehouse just to record their album in. They spent all that money and still couldnt equalize the fucking drums... why didnt they just do it in a REAL garage, psh metallica makes no sense anymore oh well be thankful for their first 5 or 6 albums

Guest imported_Europe
Originally posted by KiSe

i dont know why the spent 2 years on st. anger

Well, this movie explains it!:idea:

Also, its funny how most of 12oz is hating on them these days cause they arent doing what they did 15 years ago. Well today, how many of yall are doing the same thing you did 15 years ago?

Kill'em all - Classic

Ride the lightning - Classic

Master of puppets - Classic

Quit hating...

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Europe

Also, its funny how most of 12oz is hating on them these days cause they arent doing what they did 15 years ago. Well today, how many of yall are doing the same thing you did 15 years ago?

I'd like to be the exception, and state that I hate what Metallica was doing 15 years ago as well.

My faves are:

And Justice For All

Master of Puppets

Then kill em all or ride the lightning... i dunno... Almost reverse chronological order.

I think a politically motivated album from metallica for this administration would have been welcome for me.

Originally posted by Europe

Kill'em all - Classic

Ride the lightning - Classic

Master of puppets - Classic

Quit hating...

St. Anger - Bad

I am by far hating on metallica for not doing what they did 15 years ago, but st anger is just not a good album, the riffs, the style, the lyrics, and the sound (having to do with equalizing problems, because from what ive seen lars isnt drumming on trash cans) are all cheasy as fuck. If a group happens to want to progress its all fine by me but metallica wanted to progress in the dirrection of their earlier stuff, but its just cheasy. If they want to get "back to their roots" why dont they try to do that? do you have to rent a wharehouse, and not equalize the fucking tracks to get back to your roots? metallica has millions of dollars and fame, they can't go completly back to their roots, and in this attempt it shows, because it is cheasy and isnt good. It's cool that metallica is happy with their music, but i dont dig it.

FUCK YEAH...

cheers for the info Europe didnt even no about this...

hopefully it comes out soon over this way for me to get my eyes on it!

Alwasy been a big fan of MetallicA should be good!

Saw Metallica play in my home town this year and let me say

...IT WAS FUCKINGGGGGGG MAD!!!!!!...(my ears were ringing for 3days and yes my neck was saw!)

was saposed to meet the guys but the backstage passes got fukt up but i got in for free anyways then sold my ticket i had..

next time ill be in back stage for sure, i allready have my passes sussed out and ill let you's know how it went!:D

Archived