Solo e2es

Cracked Ass

This is about freights. A friendly reminder to transit-only heads, the average US boxcar is fourteen and a half feet tall, so a freight wholecar here is a big project no matter how chill the spot is. Transit platform wholecars can be done without a ladder (unless it's a double-decker) in a lot of cases, so they might as well be called e2es. Either that, or we can start calling gondolas, intermodals and steel coil cars "wholecars" if they're done end to end.

Anyway, I just wanted to list the advantages of doing freight e2es as opposed to ordinary sized pieces. I understand if your spots are too hairy to spend an hour or more on one car, so this is primarily for folks who have the time to do a burner but choose to do only a standard-sized piece. Why not go bigger? E2es are fun to do, they play well rolling, and nobody can sidebust you. You can choose a wide range of time frame and complexity. I have done, on 50-foot boxcars, e2es ranging from 5 colors and 45 minutes to 11 or 12 colors and 5 hours.

I bring this up because, as annoying as some of the freight-hating yobs on here can be, I think they have a point regarding a lot of freight work in North America as being small, unambitious, and recycled-looking, particularly if it was done at a reasonably chill spot. Also, as freights get more filled up with work, the arguments against sidebusting weaken: you're only taking up a panel, yet you're telling people not to paint the two-thirds of the car you left empty, because you don't want to ride with strangers? I don't think so. Solo e2es are the best defense against sidebusting, if it's something that bothers you.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"I think they have a point regarding a lot of freight work in North America as being small, unambitious, and recycled-looking, particularly if it was done at a reasonably chill spot. "

The thing is in america there's MILLIONS of freights cars, and nobody else then writers, benchers, workers and people at crossings sees them. So you might have done 50 e2es, but an other could have done 150 smaller pieces and even he won't get spotted much... So you can do a couple whole-cars and there's no telling if you'll ever get spotted. Also I think it makes solo end-to-end's and whole-cars even more enjoyable.

word.

sidebust away.

i fucked someone's piece up a little bit last weekend.

it was faded and old, and it was dark out.

i didn't even see the piece until i was write up on it.

oops.

i tried my best to get my paint off (only a line or two in one small area), and fix it so the piece could stay and look decent.

now that train is an e2e.

i felt lousy about it though, but what can you do but oh well.

i don't even wanna say who it was.

hopefully they won't kill me :D

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

This is about freights. A friendly reminder to transit-only heads, the average US boxcar is fourteen and a half feet tall, so a freight wholecar here is a big project no matter how chill the spot is. Transit platform wholecars can be done without a ladder (unless it's a double-decker) in a lot of cases, so they might as well be called e2es. Either that, or we can start calling gondolas, intermodals and steel coil cars "wholecars" if they're done end to end.

Anyway, I just wanted to list the advantages of doing freight e2es as opposed to ordinary sized pieces. I understand if your spots are too hairy to spend an hour or more on one car, so this is primarily for folks who have the time to do a burner but choose to do only a standard-sized piece. Why not go bigger? E2es are fun to do, they play well rolling, and nobody can sidebust you. You can choose a wide range of time frame and complexity. I have done, on 50-foot boxcars, e2es ranging from 5 colors and 45 minutes to 11 or 12 colors and 5 hours.

I bring this up because, as annoying as some of the freight-hating yobs on here can be, I think they have a point regarding a lot of freight work in North America as being small, unambitious, and recycled-looking, particularly if it was done at a reasonably chill spot. Also, as freights get more filled up with work, the arguments against sidebusting weaken: you're only taking up a panel, yet you're telling people not to paint the two-thirds of the car you left empty, because you don't want to ride with strangers? I don't think so. Solo e2es are the best defense against sidebusting, if it's something that bothers you.

1. platform plots are few and far between... even if theyre there you still need something to stand on to reach the top...

2. a bigmet is about 14 ft high? i think.... probably higher if the rails are elevated on the rail rocks

3. you got a point though anyway.... an actual freight car is boring as it is... no-one really wants to watch two or three colour dubs on that shit anyway... may as well paint something good... it aint like you dont got time...

i agree, they are quite slept on... however, i think another prob you didn't mention is that i dont think a lot of people like to stretch out their names that long... it's hard to make look good, and harder to read.... a solution to this is often to add suffixes to it, but then you have to come up w/ new letters, etc.. not to say all if this is an excuse not to do it, just more reasons why they aren't so popular (that and most kids are lazy).

and i don't consider it a bust unless it's on the same panel.

freight spots around here are few and far between, so doing panels on the regular are pretty tough... doable, but Id be pushing my luck to get 50 a year... I would much rather have 5 or 6 e2es rolling... straight letter, easy to read for everyone... go big or go home...

cracked ass has got a point.....also because, on most riggedy surfaced fr8s you have all those ladders, ridges, bolts and shit, which disturb the view much more on a small piece than a big one. and, of course, on dark-colored cars (typical dark red/brown) a small piece seems even smaller.....also because freights are taller than commuters. and since freights are seen rolling and never stop in stations (yards apart) the piece should be clear and comprehensible, thus bigger.

so yea, ya'll should paint more e2e and wc!:)

VERY INTERESTING...

Originally posted by skrib139

1. platform plots are few and far between... even if theyre there you still need something to stand on to reach the top...

2. a bigmet is about 14 ft high? i think.... probably higher if the rails are elevated on the rail rocks

3. you got a point though anyway.... an actual freight car is boring as it is... no-one really wants to watch two or three colour dubs on that shit anyway... may as well paint something good... it aint like you dont got time...

ALL POINTS WELL TAKEN. HOWEVER, TAKE INTO REGARD THE NUMBERS AND MAYBE A HYBRID WRITER MORE IN PURSUIT OF NUMBERS AND PANELS, FILLS AND TAGS THAN OTHER THINGS IS THE FINAL VICTOR. MET HAS TONS OF WHOLE CARS, I LIVE IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO HIM AND HAVE ONLY SEEN ONE. MBER HAS ABOUT 2500 PANELS, I THINK HE NEVER DID AN E TO E TOP TO BOTTOM AND I SEE HIM DAILY FROM ALL THE SPOTS HE ROCKED AROUND THE COUNTRY. E TO E'S ARE FUN, BUT TO CONCENTRATE ON JUST ONE ASPECT IS LIMITING YOURSELF. SKREW PLEASING SOME HATER YOUREAGAYS ABOUT CLEANS. WE GET THEM TO. BORING PANELS? SORRY THE SAME BORING PANEL STRAIGHTS AND OTHER LETTERS MAKE MY DAYS BRIGHTER. THE PRODUCTIONS ARE MORE CLOUDING THE LETTER FORMS THAN THE SMALL PANELS. KEEP IT STRAIGHT AND CLEAN. NIGGA'S KNOW... IT'S ALL ABOUT MORE, NOT ONE PEACE ON EVERY 20 CARS, BUT ONE PEACE ON EVERY CAR.

PEAS

BUMP FOR THIS...

Originally posted by my sweetheart, the drunk

they can say what they want about freights, but bottom line is you gotta do a fuckload to get any play whatso-ever...unless you post your own shit everyday like some fools on here.

STAMP LICKIN IN THE 2000 ERA...? MORE THAN ENOUGH OF THAT IN THIS CATEGORY, WE ALL KNOW WHAT OUR SHIT LOOKS LIKE, WE PAINTED IT. IF YOU WANT TO POST FLIX,OF YOUR OWN SHIT, PAINT A WALL... ALL THE JOY OF SEEING YOURSELF CAUGHT IN ANOTHER PLACE IS MY MAIN REASON FOR LURKIN HERE AT ALL, AND TO JUMP ON AN OCCASSIONAL THREAD AND HOPEFULLY EXPAND THE HORIZONS OF THE LISTENERS, READERS...

PEACE

me personally

im not one to get all hot and bothered because someone else paints on the other side of a car that I have a piece on. just like if situation warrants, I wont hesitate to sidebust, regardless of how "established" the guy is. and in some cases we'll just make it so there is no need to sidebust. dont like it? so what. im sure its happened to me...such is life.

solo e2e are real fresh. ive done them on short hoppers before, but never a box car. i cant concintrate long enough to spend a long time on one piece. especially when there are multiple cars in a spot. there have been times when i had all the intentions of doing solo e2es, but once i arrive and see 7 or 8 cars i lose all composure. all pre-planned ideas are out the window and i begin figuring out how many pieces i can do without blowing up the spot. besides im such a jew with my paint i cant see emptying 5-7 cans on one car when i can divide that up between like 4 cars.

all things considered, all points taken...consider me one of those monotonous americans.

I guess we're back to the quality/quantity debate in a way. I've played the numbers game for a while and found that after a couple years of putting in work along those lines, I am known for being up and mediocre. So I'm leaning toward additional quality and size lately, and noticing these things are fun if you can pull em off.

I hear the part about coming up on 7 or 8 cars and wanting a piece of all of them, rather than spending all your paint in one place. But I think at some point you may want to be known for more than a lot of quickies.

i think the best bet is to do both. quantity and quality. you have guys that respect alot of peices more and guys who respect a peice that took alot of time more. i have been painting with a few cats recently that have gotten me to paint alot bigger. i was generally not even taking up a whole panel.

now i generally take up the whole panel and half the door. i say go reeeeeallllll big and paint a whole hell of a lot. if your feeling doing a whole car one day do it. if you feel like doing an e2e do it. if you feel like doing straight letters do it. if you feel like lighting up one panel with alot of colors do it. if i come up on 7 or 8 cars layed up somewhere, you can bet about half of them will be painted with nice peices. not just straight letters. if im at a spot where i cant find alot of trains and can do an e2e, i do it.

if im in a 80 track yard with a duffel full of paint you can bet i'll be getting fucking ruthless!

i think the key is to do decent shit period, then do alot of it.

Re: VERY INTERESTING...

Originally posted by LEE_VING

MET HAS TONS OF WHOLE CARS, I LIVE IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO HIM AND HAVE ONLY SEEN ONE.

when skrib said a big met he meant a metropolitan line train on london underground, which are known as big mets. Just so you know.

Originally posted by nelACKson

Rawfish...i think i cought one of your e2e's....big and gray maybe?....do i know you?....maybe youre not who i think you are

not to toot my own horn but "beep beep" solo e2e's ive done include

"breathing and believing in it"

"ditch the date, paint a freight"

and "the heart of saturday night"

fun stuff

Guest soneMILWwi

i recently painted an e2e that said "cheese filled hot dogs" i was drunk and wanted to do somethign out of the ordinary, plus i was hunry for some cheese filled hot dogs and baked beans...

cracka what...

Re: Re: VERY INTERESTING...

Originally posted by can of worms

when skrib said a big met he meant a metropolitan line train on london underground, which are known as big mets. Just so you know.

very good, that has nothing at all to do with my post... have a nice day...

peace

Guest Graff Jesus

A _LITTLE_ BEHIND THE CURVE

welcome to what a handfull of writers were thinking 4+ years ago. and to anyone who says they can't stretch their name out to do an e2e by themselves...just quit graffiti. you suck and shouldn't paint.

Guest Graff Jesus

Re: Re: A _LITTLE_ BEHIND THE CURVE

Originally posted by nelACKson

but i write "I"

man i've seen wholecars with one letter on them. if i wrote "i" i'd have the fattest e2e's ever. big ass I's covering the whole length of the train with sick fills. you could get crazy detailed with your shit.

come on now i know you can't be that creatively challenged.

one of the probs w/ stretching a name out is it makes it harder to read... not that there aren't ways around this (putting up crews, adding suffixes, etc.).. but yeah, most kids are lazy.

plus, i think the idea of getting chased off after you finish an e2e fill deters a lot of cats.

and who could do an e2e w/ 5 cans? maybe if they're silvers, i guess, but i'll blow 4 ona simple panel peice.

i've prolly caught more e2e's by Hade than anyone else...

Re: Re: Re: A _LITTLE_ BEHIND THE CURVE

Originally posted by Graff Jesus

man i've seen wholecars with one letter on them. if i wrote "i" i'd have the fattest e2e's ever. big ass I's covering the whole length of the train with sick fills. you could get crazy detailed with your shit.

come on now i know you can't be that creatively challenged.

i guess i could do a really wide dot...but i dont think that would make it all the way to the end...and if i did like, three I's then people would think my name was "III"....oh well. maybe i could do Irockerismskioner.