Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Solo e2es

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by Cracked Ass, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

This is about freights. A friendly reminder to transit-only heads, the average US boxcar is fourteen and a half feet tall, so a freight wholecar here is a big project no matter how chill the spot is. Transit platform wholecars can be done without a ladder (unless it's a double-decker) in a lot of cases, so they might as well be called e2es. Either that, or we can start calling gondolas, intermodals and steel coil cars "wholecars" if they're done end to end.
    Anyway, I just wanted to list the advantages of doing freight e2es as opposed to ordinary sized pieces. I understand if your spots are too hairy to spend an hour or more on one car, so this is primarily for folks who have the time to do a burner but choose to do only a standard-sized piece. Why not go bigger? E2es are fun to do, they play well rolling, and nobody can sidebust you. You can choose a wide range of time frame and complexity. I have done, on 50-foot boxcars, e2es ranging from 5 colors and 45 minutes to 11 or 12 colors and 5 hours.
    I bring this up because, as annoying as some of the freight-hating yobs on here can be, I think they have a point regarding a lot of freight work in North America as being small, unambitious, and recycled-looking, particularly if it was done at a reasonably chill spot. Also, as freights get more filled up with work, the arguments against sidebusting weaken: you're only taking up a panel, yet you're telling people not to paint the two-thirds of the car you left empty, because you don't want to ride with strangers? I don't think so. Solo e2es are the best defense against sidebusting, if it's something that bothers you.

2. Ident

Ident Member

"I think they have a point regarding a lot of freight work in North America as being small, unambitious, and recycled-looking, particularly if it was done at a reasonably chill spot. "

The thing is in america there's MILLIONS of freights cars, and nobody else then writers, benchers, workers and people at crossings sees them. So you might have done 50 e2es, but an other could have done 150 smaller pieces and even he won't get spotted much... So you can do a couple whole-cars and there's no telling if you'll ever get spotted. Also I think it makes solo end-to-end's and whole-cars even more enjoyable.

3. type R

type R Senior Member

people can sidebust the shit out of me...i dont care.

4. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

word.

sidebust away.

i fucked someone's piece up a little bit last weekend.

it was faded and old, and it was dark out.
    i didn't even see the piece until i was write up on it.

oops.
    i tried my best to get my paint off (only a line or two in one small area), and fix it so the piece could stay and look decent.
    now that train is an e2e.

i felt lousy about it though, but what can you do but oh well.

i don't even wanna say who it was.
    hopefully they won't kill me :D

5. skrib139

skrib139 Senior Member

1. platform plots are few and far between... even if theyre there you still need something to stand on to reach the top...
    2. a bigmet is about 14 ft high? i think.... probably higher if the rails are elevated on the rail rocks
    3. you got a point though anyway.... an actual freight car is boring as it is... no-one really wants to watch two or three colour dubs on that shit anyway... may as well paint something good... it aint like you dont got time...

6. curious

curious Member

Yea your right bout being alot of work...

an e2e or whole care that is.
    But ppl can sidebust me i dont care at all, unlike a few ppl on here that
    feel its not right. They dont know whats up at the spot what if there is no other place to paint.

7. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i agree, they are quite slept on... however, i think another prob you didn't mention is that i dont think a lot of people like to stretch out their names that long... it's hard to make look good, and harder to read.... a solution to this is often to add suffixes to it, but then you have to come up w/ new letters, etc.. not to say all if this is an excuse not to do it, just more reasons why they aren't so popular (that and most kids are lazy).

and i don't consider it a bust unless it's on the same panel.

8. Raw fish

Raw fish Member

freight spots around here are few and far between, so doing panels on the regular are pretty tough... doable, but Id be pushing my luck to get 50 a year... I would much rather have 5 or 6 e2es rolling... straight letter, easy to read for everyone... go big or go home...

9. drug

drug New Jack

cracked ass has got a point.....also because, on most riggedy surfaced fr8s you have all those ladders, ridges, bolts and shit, which disturb the view much more on a small piece than a big one. and, of course, on dark-colored cars (typical dark red/brown) a small piece seems even smaller.....also because freights are taller than commuters. and since freights are seen rolling and never stop in stations (yards apart) the piece should be clear and comprehensible, thus bigger.

so yea, ya'll should paint more e2e and wc!:)

10. LEE_VING

LEE_VING Member

VERY INTERESTING...

ALL POINTS WELL TAKEN. HOWEVER, TAKE INTO REGARD THE NUMBERS AND MAYBE A HYBRID WRITER MORE IN PURSUIT OF NUMBERS AND PANELS, FILLS AND TAGS THAN OTHER THINGS IS THE FINAL VICTOR. MET HAS TONS OF WHOLE CARS, I LIVE IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO HIM AND HAVE ONLY SEEN ONE. MBER HAS ABOUT 2500 PANELS, I THINK HE NEVER DID AN E TO E TOP TO BOTTOM AND I SEE HIM DAILY FROM ALL THE SPOTS HE ROCKED AROUND THE COUNTRY. E TO E'S ARE FUN, BUT TO CONCENTRATE ON JUST ONE ASPECT IS LIMITING YOURSELF. SKREW PLEASING SOME HATER YOUREAGAYS ABOUT CLEANS. WE GET THEM TO. BORING PANELS? SORRY THE SAME BORING PANEL STRAIGHTS AND OTHER LETTERS MAKE MY DAYS BRIGHTER. THE PRODUCTIONS ARE MORE CLOUDING THE LETTER FORMS THAN THE SMALL PANELS. KEEP IT STRAIGHT AND CLEAN. NIGGA'S KNOW... IT'S ALL ABOUT MORE, NOT ONE PEACE ON EVERY 20 CARS, BUT ONE PEACE ON EVERY CAR.

PEAS

11. otto dix

otto dix Veteran Member

they can say what they want about freights, but bottom line is you gotta do a fuckload to get any play whatso-ever...unless you post your own shit everyday like some fools on here.

12. LEE_VING

LEE_VING Member

BUMP FOR THIS...

STAMP LICKIN IN THE 2000 ERA...? MORE THAN ENOUGH OF THAT IN THIS CATEGORY, WE ALL KNOW WHAT OUR SHIT LOOKS LIKE, WE PAINTED IT. IF YOU WANT TO POST FLIX,OF YOUR OWN SHIT, PAINT A WALL... ALL THE JOY OF SEEING YOURSELF CAUGHT IN ANOTHER PLACE IS MY MAIN REASON FOR LURKIN HERE AT ALL, AND TO JUMP ON AN OCCASSIONAL THREAD AND HOPEFULLY EXPAND THE HORIZONS OF THE LISTENERS, READERS...

PEACE

13. drug

drug New Jack

word. same story on commuters nowadays.....now that they're "cleans".....

GET THE FUCK UP

14. krowteN

krowteN Member

me personally

im not one to get all hot and bothered because someone else paints on the other side of a car that I have a piece on. just like if situation warrants, I wont hesitate to sidebust, regardless of how "established" the guy is. and in some cases we'll just make it so there is no need to sidebust. dont like it? so what. im sure its happened to me...such is life.

solo e2e are real fresh. ive done them on short hoppers before, but never a box car. i cant concintrate long enough to spend a long time on one piece. especially when there are multiple cars in a spot. there have been times when i had all the intentions of doing solo e2es, but once i arrive and see 7 or 8 cars i lose all composure. all pre-planned ideas are out the window and i begin figuring out how many pieces i can do without blowing up the spot. besides im such a jew with my paint i cant see emptying 5-7 cans on one car when i can divide that up between like 4 cars.

all things considered, all points taken...consider me one of those monotonous americans.

15. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

I guess we're back to the quality/quantity debate in a way. I've played the numbers game for a while and found that after a couple years of putting in work along those lines, I am known for being up and mediocre. So I'm leaning toward additional quality and size lately, and noticing these things are fun if you can pull em off.
    I hear the part about coming up on 7 or 8 cars and wanting a piece of all of them, rather than spending all your paint in one place. But I think at some point you may want to be known for more than a lot of quickies.