Soldier injuries 13 other american soldiers

Asid

Im going to find the article on this but, this guy decided to pull a grenade and throw it in the head honchos tent with others in their then proceeded to fire...american soldiers killing eachother now..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

CAMP PENNSYLVANIA, Kuwait (CNN) -- A soldier has been detained for questioning about a grenade and small arms attack early Sunday on a command tent of the front-line 101st Airborne Division, the U.S. Central Command said.

The attack wounded 13 soldiers, six seriously, military officials said. The attack at about 1:30 a.m. (5:30 p.m. EST Saturday) apparently targeted top officers gathered in the Tactical Operations Center of the legendary division's 1st Brigade.

Military criminal investigators said the suspect was recently reprimanded for insubordination and was told he would stay behind when his unit left camp for Iraq, according to Time magazine correspondent Jim Lacey, who is accompanying the unit.

Lacey said he was told by a military commander the soldier lobbed three grenades into the operations center and yelled, "You're under attack!" A major told Lacey he saw a grenade roll by him before the explosion.

Lacey, who was in a tent about 20 yards from the blast, helped move two of the wounded to an ambulance. "The carnage inside those tents was pretty severe," he said.

Two soldiers were wounded by gunfire, the others by grenade fragments, the Financial Times reported. Two were treated and released and the 11 others were transported by helicopter to Army combat support hospitals in the region, Central Command said.

Lacey said a "full company" of soldiers was guarding the perimeter of the camp before the blast, but there had been traffic in and out, including "trucks, buses, and contractors. It's not a foolproof system."

About 2,100 soldiers are encamped at the post. Lacey said immediately after the blasts soldiers were assembled and deployed around the compound.

This is called "fragging"

The term comes from the word "fragmentation grenade". It was often threatened or sullenly discussed in the Vietnam War, but is relatively rare in the modern armed forces. An excellent example of why shitbirds should be immediately discharged. The Marines have a lot less of this bullshit, because they set the bar pretty high. You must be a high-school graduate to even enlist in the Marines. You have to finish Boot Camp (10% don't make it---usually because they are emotionally/ mentally unstable & can't handle stress.) The Marine Corps will shitcan you in a heartbeat if you act like you might threaten an officer.

When I was standing "duty NCO" in the Corps, twenty-five years ago, we had an intoxicated young Marine brought into the Officer of the Day's office (the "O.D.".) He was really soused, and belligerant. The O.D., a young 1st Lieutenant, started to come around the desk, and the M.P.'s holding the guy said, "Sir, please don't come any closer--assault on an officer is a felony!" The O.D. stopped, and said, "You're right, sergeant. Take him to the Area Guard shack, put him in a shower and call me when he's sober enough to talk."

Later I heard he thanked the officer for not pressing court-martial charges against him. He got D&D, which was processed in NJP (non-judicial punishment), lost a stripe, and was confined to the barracks except for duty hours for a couple of weeks. If he had struck or kicked that lieutenant, it would have been an automatic five years in either Leavenworth or Portsmouth Naval Prison.

This guy in handcuffs VVV will be lucky if he isn't shot by a firing squad. If he gets convicted of fragging officers in wartime, he's fucked.

And we are still going to give that guy a trial, if it were me I would of blown him away on the spot...imagine being handicaped for life on a wheelchair because a fellow soldier of yours threw a grenade at you..

and we call this a fucking war...

horseshit.

when its all said and done, there will be 10x's as many US casualties attributed to either accident, or friendly fire, than will be from hostile forces...

there is something wrong with this picture...

my opinions on all of this:

that soldier should be killed by a firing squad of his fellow 101's, YOU DO NOT KILL YOUR FELLOW AMERICANS, period. those rangers are our first line of defense, and they live thier lives knowing they are willing and might have to die, so that you may live. that man betrayed his brothers.

my family is all veterans, mostly wartime, so as i don't agree with this war, i'm backing our boys as a true american should. kinda like loyalty to my boy when he wants to go fight, if i think he's wrong i'll try to talk him out of it, but if he still goes i'm going with him. loyalty. it mean's something to me, and i will be there for my friends when ever they need me, even if for the wrong reasons.

what i'm trying to say, is this guy should be shot, not tried, i mean what he has done without a shadow of a doubt was murder. put him to death, save the courts time and money. i as a taxpayer don't want to pay for this fucks housing and food till his trial. and if my country needs me, whether i agree with it or not, i will go and fight, as my family did before me. i might paint a peacesign on my helmet and fatigues, but i will do my duty for the country i love.

in the words of my family members: "semper fi, do or die!" my dad..

"dogs and sailors, stay off the grass" -my grandpa...

this war is horror, and should not be happening. but god bless america, god protect the innocent, and god kill the wicked.

*edit* kabar, how do you feel on the topics i've addressed, i'm curious...

Guest SIVIK
Originally posted by Esai

I wonder if this was motivated by any antiwar sentiment on the suspect soldier. Maybe it was his way of protest to an extreme degree.

Exactly.Whats behind this?In melbourne it hardly even got a mention although i was completely amazed when i heard bout it.This guy must have serious issues or mental health problems.As 4 pistol whipping him every 5minz im sure he's getting more than that.But fuk keeping him alive firing squad is ideal,they probly have some military laws where they can get away with doing him as kabar said u get 5years for assult on a supirior officer in the marines.Shoot him.

This is unbeleivable.

Archived