1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Socialization in schools

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Kettiecat, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Kettiecat

Kettiecat 12oz Senior Member

Socialization in schools

Discussion started by Kettiecat - Oct 3, 2002

::writing a paper for school::

In your high school experience was school used to socialize you or as a place where you gained necessary knowledge?

Societies problem are perpetuated in schools, not because we directly teach them, rather they are imbedded in the contemporary school system.

Who decides what is taught in schools anyways? Is it culturally biased? If people believe the wrong things are being taught how do we change the curriculum?

We create in schools and in contemporary culture conflicted ideas of how people should behaveā€¦. Be an individual but act like us!

Insightful comments please! Fuck it, retarded comments too!!:eek: :confused: :eek:

Kettiecat - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. sneak

sneak Guest

sneak - Replied Oct 3, 2002

im doin that shit in my sociology class at college. i hate that subject

3. MISTA OFFICA

MISTA OFFICA New Jack

MISTA OFFICA - Replied Oct 3, 2002

I DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR ASKING, BUT ANYONE REMEMBER THAT FAT RETARDED KID IN EVERY SCHOOL WHO ALWAYS SOUNDED LIKE CHEWBACCA, THAT NEGRO WAS CRAZY AS HELL. HE USED TO THROW STAPLERS AND SHIT, AND A COUPLE OF TIMES YOU COULD HEAR THE TEACHER MUMBLE, "FUCKING RETARD"

MISTA OFFICA - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  4. PAYROLL

PAYROLL Guest

PAYROLL - Replied Oct 3, 2002

i say deal with the school issue columbine style. bang bang shoot 'em up muh niggrah. don't let the man hold you down. fuck the system and all the other usual bs. peace in chicken grease.

5. WhAt_dA_fUcK

WhAt_dA_fUcK 12oz Senior Member

WhAt_dA_fUcK - Replied Oct 3, 2002

yea for me it got to the point where i went to a self pace school...i was failing so many classes didnt give a shit about my grades and my friend told me that he goes to a school for 4 hours and you get shit done alot quicker...so i went there...

WhAt_dA_fUcK - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. Kettiecat

Kettiecat - Replied Oct 3, 2002

Ok what about this.... Do you think the media has too much influence in what students are taught in schools....

yes college sociology classes suck!!!

7. Kettiecat

did you like it? Why?

8. Grandola

Grandola 12oz Senior Member

Grandola - Replied Oct 3, 2002

all school is, is a place to go during the day and sleep, ditch to smoke out, eat lunch, and talk to girls... thats all it is.

Grandola - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. Kettiecat

10. Wireless

Wireless Guest

Wireless - Replied Oct 3, 2002

ok

11. PAYROLL

PAYROLL Guest

PAYROLL - Replied Oct 3, 2002

What the fuck is this, man? Really! Almost every post of yours is either one word or just the number in which your post comes in a thread. For example:
    I'm not trying to pull cards or say that everything I post is of the utmost importance, but if you're going to say something, then say something, motherfucker!!!

12. WhAt_dA_fUcK

WhAt_dA_fUcK 12oz Senior Member

WhAt_dA_fUcK - Replied Oct 3, 2002

nat at first because it was a big change for me.....going from talkin to all my friends to..only being able to work on your studies because there are only pregnant chicks that went there...it sucked at first but then it got around to me....but the reason why i went there was because i never did anything at my old high school..only thing i cared about was trying to talk to girls...but at the time my social life was great but afterwards when i was going to the self-pace school it was sliced right in half...

WhAt_dA_fUcK - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. platapie

platapie Guest

platapie - Replied Oct 3, 2002

socializeing skills.

14. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

suburbian bum - Replied Oct 3, 2002

School for social sucks for me. I go to learn so i can go to college. its not that bad

suburbian bum - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  15. dELiSs

dELiSs 12oz Elite Member

dELiSs - Replied Oct 3, 2002

eenomeeshekiyah!

dELiSs - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages: