SOCIAL FUCKIN' DISTORTION>>>>

ETHREADZNY

YEP ANOTHER APPRECIATION THREAD< BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ON A FORUM DEDICATED TO OTHER THINGS besides GRAFFITTI< MUSIC IS MY LIFE AND SOCIAL D" ROCKS>>>>

MY PERSONAL FAVS ARE Story of my life

drug train, ball and chain, cold feelings, another state of mind, Mommy's little monster

what is everyone's favorite social d song, and who has seen them perform?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Skull&Bones
Originally posted by fr8oholic

good stuff. anyone remember a video with them and a band who i can't recall the name of getting stuck in DC when their cheesebox tour bus died? they ended up crashing with minor threat at the dischord house? mike ness looks incredibly young.

It's called Another State of Mind.

It's a really, really dope video and I advise grabbing it. Amazon.com may have it, but check your GOOD local record stores for it. Good luck as it is not readily available though.

Social D is the shit...period plain and simple. Good down home rock and roll with actual roots and originality, oh yeah...a little punk attitude somewhere in there too.

Whoever said BR and SD sound alike. Maybe you should give them another spin when you're sober. That's the dumbest comparison I've ever heard in my life.

For those of you that haven't already, pick up both of Mike Ness' solo albums: Cheating at Solitaire and Under the Influences (complete cover CD of greats such as Carl Perkins, Hank Sr. etc...)

Social D is touring on Tony Hawk's Boom Boom tour thing doing a few East coast dates. Check their website for info. Too bad for me, I sure as hell am not paying the prices the promoters are wanting. Who want's to see SD from 100 ft away or more and in a fucking seat to boot!!! But hey, I don't know if that's how it will be. Good job for SD, finally getting some recognition that's long over due!!!

Good thread.

EDIT: The band in question from the video is Youth Brigade.

The Tour of '82. Too bad I was a baby back then, I sure missed alot. Wish my parents were'nt such slackers!

Archived