Soap Operas

Dick Quickwood

i started watching soap operas on NBC last winter or spring when my strange cycling sleep cycle led me to wakefulness during the day. recently i started watching again, i had stopped last sping within a few weeks after i started i think, i don't remember clearly. my favorite one is called Passions, it features a witch, a monkey that wears clothes, a blind but wise preist, and other awesome cliched social conventions, relationships full of turmoil and surprises, characters sharing names with emotions and other intangible things, and foul conspiricies.

here's an awesome poem written by Ethan, for Gwen:

My Darling Gwen,

No flower so lovely,

No candy so sweet,

The gift of your love,

Makes my life complete.

I love you with all my heart,

Ethan.

hereyou can find information on the characters, like relatives, crimes committed, and affairs.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My aunt got me into soaps when I was a little one. Pretty much, I watched Days of Our Lives from when Steve killed his own dad (1986..?) to when Marlena got possessed by the devil (1994). That's when the show got fucked up, or maybe I just grew up.

Deto is right - WWE is a mad soap opera, and it's way better than a lot of soaps on TV.

If anything, Melrose Place. Michael Mancini was the man! In fact, he was my msn name for the longest time.

Originally posted by Glik0+Nov 25 2004, 03:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Glik0 - Nov 25 2004, 03:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sneak@Nov 24 2004, 12:33 PM

Neighbours

Ive heard of this show, but Im sure I was told it was extremely funny. But not in a soap opera kinda way.

[/b]

yeah, it's made here in melbourne. they have injected a fair bit of humour into it the last year or two. there's a few pretty decent gags in there now. i catch it maybe once or twice a week. i want to titty fuck skye.

the thing about neighbours is that its one of the shows which is so unbelievably awfull its good. i dont think they ever change sets, music, add extras etc.

abc...jokes? the funniest thing is laughing at the storylines.

libby would get it hard, as would stef and whichever one holly valence played.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC@Nov 25 2004, 05:31 AM

nah, there's a few jokes in there. the "house of trouser" definately gets the best lines. where is england up to at the moment? have you guys had the lesbian schoolgirls storyline yet? or the incest storyline? you're going to love em. ooh, and i'd bone izzy super hard too.

jacks just had his car crash while "under the influence". susan and karl are getting divorced..

nothing special really. is it true neighbours is going to end? incest? lesbians??

Originally posted by sneak+Nov 25 2004, 01:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sneak - Nov 25 2004, 01:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mr. ABC@Nov 25 2004, 05:31 AM

nah, there's a few jokes in there. the "house of trouser" definately gets the best lines. where is england up to at the moment? have you guys had the lesbian schoolgirls storyline yet? or the incest storyline? you're going to love em. ooh, and i'd bone izzy super hard too.

jacks just had his car crash while "under the influence". susan and karl are getting divorced..

nothing special really. is it true neighbours is going to end? incest? lesbians??

[/b]

Damn! you guys are WAY behind (around 6 months i'd say). i'm a neighbours old schooler i grew up on the shit so it always makes me feel warn fuzzy and at home.

I dont think i could handle neighbours ending.

PS- karl and susan divorce, karl hooks up with izzy she gets pregnant with his child and has a miscarriage. he goes back to his drunkard ways.

dude, we are so behind its not funny.

we know that the babies not karls, and in the most recent episode izzy is going nuts with a sleep walking thing.

eastenders is a proper soap tho.

^^ haha, yeah. boyd ends up getting his ass beat for that shit

Originally posted by sneak@Nov 26 2004, 05:07 AM

dude, we are so behind its not funny.

we know that the babies not karls, and in the most recent episode izzy is going nuts with a sleep walking thing.

oh, and i also forgot, conor has an e-love relationship where he poses as a female and falls in love with lou carpenter. you can't tell me that's not comedy.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC@Nov 25 2004, 11:24 PM

oh, and i also forgot, conor has an e-love relationship where he poses as a female and falls in love with lou carpenter. you can't tell me that's not comedy.

scary and twisted perhaps....

lol