so yeah, i am now unemployed.

type R

ok so after working at my previous job for a while, i decided to quit to work somewhere else. i last about 3/4 of the shift and decide that this job is overwhelmingly gay, and make up an excuse to leave, never to return. so now you may ask, what am i doing? well, the answer is a whole lot of nothing. i have bills, rent, and various other shit due soon, and i have no job and no prospects. if anyone has any ideas on jobs, let me know. i dont know shit about computers, so that is out of the question...

or you can just send me money. either way.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest willy.wonka

bus tables...i thought i was makin hte right decision on quiting my job before i had another, boy was that a big mistake...im still looking after 2 weeks.

good jobs for entry level

landscaping (physical, but outdoors)

cooking (tough, doesn't pay well, but your coworkers will be drinking and doing drugs like nobody's business)

bartending (duh)

bike messengering (physical, also outdoors, and oyu need a bike)

or car messengering if you have a car

car delivery for anything for that matter

construction

waiting tables

there are companies that have so much shit sent that they have their own messengers, however, i wouldnt know where to suggest..

there are also plenty of delivery/mess companies that employ bikers and car drivers..

any delivery company..

in maryland: quik, maryland messenger, magic, maybe laser courier (thats d.c. too), rapid..there are more..they all have car drivers..

i dunno specs on having a commercial liscense, i don't think that's needed, but i can't say every company has the same policy..

some of those car guys go mad fucking far too..but that's $$$$

obviously, you'd need a fairly clean record (i would assume)

Ok...sorry for calling you a dumnbass. Hmmm..let's see....try getting a nice construction job or try finding a warehouse to work at. THat's what I'm trying to do at the moment. My friend is trying to get me a construction job with him. Good money, good exercise. Good luck.:cool:

yeah i quit my job waiting tables...only to get a different one about a week later...

oh well........

so the whole messenger thing is a good idea, but beware ive heard horror stories of these messenger services. my friend is still trying to get his final paycheck (about $450) that they dont seem to want to give to him.

also, they dont pay for gas, at least to my knowlage.

how about a movie porjectionist?thats a chill ass job, pays ok, and free movies. sounds like fun to me.

go down to the local dope house.. ask for bill... if they theres no bill pull a gun out and shoot everyone..steal the money and make a run for the bank.. rob that .. then rob another one.. after that .. head to mexico and chill out for a couple years..

or if all else fails.. head down to the local UNion hall.. bust out some carpenter or metal work or some shit for a while til you rack up some dough.. then find another job.. when you find something you liek.. never show back up to those jackass union bastards..

work sucks,but so does not having any money......I suggest using a a place like "Labor Ready","Manpower", or something like....you get paid the same day and if you are lucky,some employers will straight hire you(usually after you prove yourself).Just a thought.I'm un-employed at the moment also.it sucks.

I was jobless for a month after I moved back from cali and it ended up turning into a drunk/drug induced 6 months. Go to Sherwin Will and ask if they need a driver. Thats what I do and its like working out at work carrying those heavy ass buckets of paint around all day.. Jobs good for other things also.

being unemployed rules, well if you have money it does. i had been steadily employed since i was 14, i maybe had a week off, always got paid for my vacation time, just fucking worked all the time. so i quit my last job about 3-4 weeks ago and havnt done anything, just fucked off. its great, but i had close to 2g's in the bank and close to 20g's in unused credit cards. ill go back to work soon. not sure where or doing what but itll all work out. err i hope it will atleast

Re: night stocking at a grocery store

Originally posted by !@#$%

another ok one..

shit graveyard hours, but so what, you listen to headphones all night and stock shelves, plus all the food you can steal ;) and union!

i am considering this one myself