So what what do you do in graffiti?

Guest wakassOATH

Guest wakassOATH

yea its prolly be discussed on here like 10 millon times, shut up

its prolly been about a year or 2 since im accually posted on here or started a thread.. anway i just wanna know for kicks what you do in the graffiti scene

please.. if your going to contibute to the post please dont just write "I CRUSH EVERYTHING I SEE CAUSE IM NOT A PUSSY" exc.. you must have a prefrence wether it be bombing downtown.. and if if your down town do you like rooftops? street level? or hitting some freights.. do you like ones that are purple with ridges best?!?!.. please explain in detail..

me personally.. clean trains are where my heart is at.. commuters to be exact but subways are always are always a treat when i get the balls (i dont have balls).. i not a king or nothing.. but when im doing them i feel like theres nothng more "bad ass" so to say.

other than that.. since i dont live in the city i have to take a long bus ride to get there.. when it comes to bombing all i can think of in my heart is crushing a 1 hour all highway bus route.. i must admit i love highways due to the fact that when i took the bus while i was a kid it was so boring and no one had it done up real nice ..but when i saw throwies i was stoaked.. so now basicly my crew and i fight and challange ourselfs on who has/can get it on total lock.

another thing.. is as a writer.. i always am looking for somehting to draw on no matter.. if its a marker tag downtown in the day or if im waiting for the train in the station or keeping a few spits along when im walking away from the legal spot.

another thing witch i love doing.. is it seems atleast twice a week a few boys from the crew will be together drinking 40s on the metro late night.. insides of cars seem to get wrecked pretty quick with a few kids and a couple of colt45s each... stations get mashed with tags when no ones looking.. back jumps are rare but not out of the ordinary

as for the rest.. i hardly ever sketch maybe once a month.. but usualy only in winter.. i like to piece but only in the warm months wether it be a legal, safe trackside, freight train..if they are around.. i treat them all the same and if they cant be painted in the day then i rather be doing a hotter spot at night.

my opinons and thats what i like doing. anyway please tell me what your up to in your city.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

imma contribute to this shite cuz wakassoath put some time into this shit to actually get a resonse.

Ive only been hittin up concrete wherever it is dark enough to hide from 5-0. They kreep really hard in my town so i keep it on the low. Far as colors i bomb with blues just cuz they seem to stand out better on the walls i crush.

good thread...

right now, im all about insides of passengers / tubes. i love getting on an empty carriage when youve a nice juicy pen in your pocket. you know you can take your time - especially if your between stops.

having said that, my prefered technique is to blast the carriage as im getting off or my stops approaching. cant explain why, just seems less bait.

right now i have been killing alot of signs and shit with my markers but i cant get enouphe of the fraights even thow its an hour walk to get to them its completly worth it. actualy come to think of it if i have a can in my hand i will hit just about anything.

Taking lots and lots of photos.

You know the wacked out photographer at the end of Apocalypse Now that's running around Kurtz's camp? I am the graffiti worlds equivalent of that guy.

My other activities are strictly hush hush. I will confirm nor deny anything.

Who is............................Lens?

I haven't been out tagging or anything forever. Maybe a few months. But I like dumsters. I don't know. The're good for like when you're going somewhere and your city has no rains and the busses get buffed every night. Most of my dumpster tags have ridden since a year ago. Sometimes I'll do a bathroom just for the fuck of it. What else a you going to read in there? I don't really do shitters for fame, just for kicks. I mean, if you think about it, only males are going to see it.

BOMBING SAN FRANCISCO TRANSIT!!!!

theres just something about chilling on the back of the bus with an ultra juiced up with some two toned killer ink, rocking the panels, ceilings, windows, and then yelling at all the haters who tell you to stop tagging

i love doing fill ins too but i dont get out to do night runs too

drunk bombing is definately fun because you see it later that week and your like.."WTF when did i do that shit??!"

Guest wakassOATH
Originally posted by MYLK

bacon don't you people smell it :king:

ahhh shit.. hes on to me

mylk who comes to montreal now and then?

i like to try and paint out of the way cutty type stuff. i try to paint spots that either no one has rocked in a long time, or random spots where no one has done pieces yet. i'd rather do something that all the young-buck writers aren't going to immediately find. i don't feel the need to paint really active spots where all the other writers are gonna see them, because i don't really give a shit anymore what most of them think. plus i'd rather have a piece be running for years, and then somebody randomly decides to walk up these tracks or check under that bridge and they'll see something that's been up there for 7 years. to me that's cooler than doing shit one day and having it on the web the next day. i like to paint the visible spots and freights once in a while, but not too much. i really like doing hollow throwups too--more than fillins actually. it's like making a 10 second jesture drawing on paper. you only get one shot to make it look dope. really loose--really shows if you have skill or not. i love mop tags to. but i'm getting old so i'm too paranoid now to bomb hard the way i'd really like to.

i like doing abandoned buildings - 'squats'. i think other writers might see that as a pussy thing to hit, but when the temperature of the scene rises in the city, with a lot of people just destroying any fucking vertical surface, its probably best not to be out on the tracks and streets.

plus theres all sorts of interesting objects and things to paint on, not to mention random people inside them! your piece will last for years, and its usually a bit of a mission to get inside. this compares favourably against legal walls, which you can also do in the daytime and on which you might use the same amount of time and paint, only for the piece to vanish a week later.

and hitting buildings can get you arrested, even though its unlikely you'd be convicted in most cases. also in some places you have to watch your back for crackheads that might rob you. so theres a small drop of adrenalin flowing.

there you go. call me a pussy, i don't give a fuck. :D