So uh I'm a little late on planning....

WeakSauce

I'm leaving tomorrow night for new york city till next monday, and well besides an animal collective concert I already have tickets for, me and my friend don't really have any plans... I kinda slacked off on the researching things to do while there. I've never been so I don't know whats up... Does anybody have any good suggestions to go see, shops to visit, places to hang, eats to eat, etc etc... Our hotel's in manhattan but were down to see whatever's good. oh and 21+ bars are out the question unless somebody can hook me up with a good deal on a fake... thanks to anyone who can throw out some suggestions!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by shameless self promotion@Mar 21 2006, 10:55 PM

Get trashed, go see a broadway show, and heckle like hell.

(Do this last, people get really upset about this, the audience will attack you before security...)

haha that sounds pretty good. i think were going to do something simmilar at TRL involving heckling and being wasted. but as far as the drank/wondering goes thats pretty much a given.. but i was just looking for things to do that i can actually remember since im forking out a bit to take this trip.... and ill look into that alex grey show, im wanting to check out a lot of galleries and stuff but im not too sure on whats hip right now... A friend was telling me harrys pizza was the best pizza place up there, anybody know if theres any truth to this?

Guest KING BLING

Go to Chelsea and hit up some galleries - than hit up the bars...</no homo>

Bars shouldn't be that hard to get in, just don't dress like a slouch and have an acne break out

Don't be afraid, go hit up the Bronx. Bring your camera.

All the pizza is good. Go to Carroll Gardens in Brooklyn or any other Italian neighborhood and get a meal or three - maybe even ask locals for recomendations, but make sure its not a hipster.

I assume you're not coming up from Philly where you'd be familiar with it - so buy an egg, bacon and cheese sandwhich every morning

Go shopping at Century 21 is you're into designer stuff - they have decent prices on clothes you'd spend a lot more onelsewhere. Go home with an expensive shirt just because.

Go to the new Guggenheim or the Met

Get lost on purpose and spend a lot of time on the subways in the front car if it has a window facing out in the front.

Go shopping on Canal Street

I don't know - thats what I came up with off the top of my head. I miss the East Coast

yeah take any of the 1,2,4,5,6 trains into the Bronx and watch the tracksides/rooftops ;) (You're welcome for the decoration)

But basically it's more fun to ride through the tunnels trying to catch the gems in there, most rooftops are bland.

Originally posted by BEEFEATER@Mar 22 2006, 12:17 AM

yeah take any of the 1,2,4,5,6 trains into the Bronx and watch the tracksides/rooftops ;) (You're welcome for the decoration)

But basically it's more fun to ride through the tunnels trying to catch the gems in there, most rooftops are bland.

for sure. I'm planning on taking tons of flics, so thanks for a little dirrection on what to take.

Originally posted by Shark Hammil@Mar 22 2006, 12:21 AM

Take the A out to Far Rock at 11pm, get off at the second to last stop, walk around.

this could a.) either be great advice b.) be the worst advice ever.

maybe if it was a little more descriptive or i knew more about ny i could make a decision on a or b... but ill take you word and check it out...