So she has a kid... So what!

kido

So Im in a relationship with a chick that has a kid. Shes twenty and has a two year old boy.

Im getting a lot of guff from my friends, but I dont give two shits about what they say. And actually come to think of it some of the people on 12oz have a far more educated opinion than the fucks that I hang out with.

I like her regardless,

What do you think?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest WebsterUno

Who's the one dating her, you or them?

Friends can sometimes be crabs.

As long as she is a good mother...its cool.

If shes one of them snakes, watch out!

It might be her fault she isnt with the BD.

But, then again...it could be his.

Its never a good idea to fall in love right away,

so just give it time, and see what kind of person she is.

Then make the call.

Dude...i dated a girl who had a daughter once and well, it was kinda weird.

The little girl was a real sweetheart and i could tell she liked having me around but when i moved back to cali from massachusetts....that was it. I felt like i was abandoning them but shit was beyond my control.

Man, it's cool you dig the girl but...how does it look to the kid to have a steady succession of men coming in and out of moms life?

I'm not saying you're being an evil bastard or anything but are you really going to be with her for days and days helping her raise this child? If anything, i feel bad for the child. It must be rough growing up without a real dad being there all the time.

Just treat the kid well is all i have to say and don't ever get pissy when the kid interupts plans you've made with the gf. You have made a choice to accept this girl and all the baggage that comes with the relationship.

Personally, i never would date a girl with a kid...it's just too much to handle.

Guest WebsterUno

^^^hahaha...damn, you remind me of

some of my homies...lil chitlins...hahaha.

*edit, I was talking about rags...

:)

Like LENS said, dont treat the kid bad.

Dont get pissy when she has to break plans.

Babysitters are hard to find, and expensive!

You shouldnt spend too much time with the

kid, unless you plan on being around for a

while. You dont have to play daddy either.

you can be the kids friend. Let her know that too!

its cool to be with her but be careful on what happens you WILL fuck up in the relationship forexample i know a friend that was datin this girl who had a kid he adopted the baby girl (bad idea because if they ever break up she has a right to slap you with child support because you legally adopted the child) i actually believe that the only reason they are together is because he is in love with they baby girl...so just becareful with what you put in the relationship...love is blind remember?

I'm dating a girl with a kid right now. Second time round with a mom. The first one I was with for over 2.5 yrs and her son and I were real close. Good kid but his mom was a piece of shit, for real. It was a love/hate thing. The one that I'm linked with right now is a girl that I've known since I was 14 so I know she wasn't a snot nosed cunt growing up like my old girl. This new one is illin. Coolest girl. It's just different. Each time is gonna be unique so take it with a grain of salt and TAKE YOUR TIME! Work around "mom hours" and spend little time with the kid at first. Don't pull the "disappearing step dad" thing on em. Make sure you wrap it up with this girl because if you get her preggers then you get a guaranteed "2 for 1" package and if she turns out to be a savage cunt then you won't even want just 1 let alone 2. Make sure. Be safe. Take your time.

who gives two flyings shits about what your friends think. they arent in the relationship so who are they to say something about what you are doing. i'd say fuck it, if you like her you like her. sure she has a kid, but thats what relationships are all about...........obstacles.

Originally posted by WebsterUno

You shouldnt spend too much time with the

kid, unless you plan on being around for a

while.

I dated a girl with a kid. The little dude was pretty cool, but I got really frieked out when he called me daddy. I won't even touch em if they have kids now.

edited to fix the quote

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by Asickeronius

mom was a piece of shit, for real. It was a love/hate thing. snot nosed cunt. if she turns out to be a savage cunt..

yea brah.

hmm hmm hmm.. i knew this thread was going to have lots of opinions..but its cool that most people have been really mature about their responses. first off you like her then you shouldnt care what other people think it's not like shes a hooker, shes just a mom. Its true i've known plenty of single moms with kids who do just want a replacement for a baby's dad. But then there are just plenty of woman out there who do get lonely and want a companion like anybody else. I'm going to be a single mom, and i would never expect any guy i'm dating to start playing the role of a father for my son. So dont be afraid of all woman with kids...geez.. haha. But i understand also that alot of men, it just ain't their thing..and thats understandable too. Maybe just means for us, less bullshit. hah. ;]

this is a tough one...

i would never date a man with a kid.

i feel that a parent's most important relationship is with their child.

i would not want to come between that.

i also think kids are better off not seeing too much

they need a positive role model.

i've seen too many kids fucked up by a variety of dating situations

^^ try 6 years pal.

we have the most healthiest relationship that i know of.

obstacles is what got us to this point. relationships arent all perfect and shit. obstacles in a relationship show what kinda person you are. and i've learned a lot about myself and him.

welcome to the "motherfucker" club.

as much as the mother may not want you to be a father figure in the kid's life, you will be if you hang out for more than a week or two. a lot of girls i know refuse to accept that their child is part of the package when dating someone steadily. fuck what you heard, how important is this girl to you? if you hang out with the kid, you're bonding with it. children latch onto people like whoa. if you want to stick around, stay. but realize that not only are you dating her, your involving yourself with the child.

man, i can barely take care of myself. the last thing i would want to deal with is a child, in any regard.

Originally posted by LENS

Man, it's cool you dig the girl but...how does it look to the kid to have a steady succession of men coming in and out of moms life?

im sort of torn between promoting a healthy situation for the kid by not just having the casual relationship or whatever with the mom. but also theres sort of the side that the moms human and blah blah blah, plus its her resonsibility to be with you or not. i dont know if i could be a single mom and not see dudes and fuck shit up instead of getting a good daddy guy thatll be there.

Originally posted by ASER1NE

umm , not healthy ones ...:idea:

uh, yeah they are. theyre about how two people get over them cause theyre always gonna be there no matter who youre with.

Originally posted by rental

i dont know if i could be a single mom and not see dudes and fuck shit up instead of getting a good daddy guy thatll be there.

but you come off as the kind of person that is responsible enough not to bring a child into this world and try to raise it if you weren't ready.

children are a necessary element of life, but dealing with them without the right coping tools and knowledge is not high on my list of priorities.

Originally posted by Devilush

^^ try 6 years pal.

we have the most healthiest relationship that i know of.

obstacles is what got us to this point. relationships arent all perfect and shit. obstacles in a relationship show what kinda person you are. and i've learned a lot about myself and him.

Straight up....I've been with my gf for 5 years and we've dealt with many, many obstacles over time....things i won't list here. But despite the stress, the hard times and sticky situations always have brought us closer together.

Devilush puts it perfectly...i think no further elaboration is neccessary.

who gives two flyings shits about what your friends think. they arent in the relationship so who are they to say something about what you are doing. i'd say fuck it, if you like her you like her. sure she has a kid, but thats what relationships are all about...........obstacles.

i'd have to agree with this staement

i'd say fuck it, if you like her you like her. sure she has a kid, but thats what relationships are all about...........obstacles.

right on!

thankyou all for the input. sorry Im not on this thing much anymore, but I know where to go for some actual real advice.

-kido300

Originally posted by E MARTYR

MAN! im in the same sitaution... except im not dating the girl yet, but i like her though.

she is mad cute in the face, nice boobs, kinda skinny around the ass/thigh section, but she still really fine, but could use a lil more meat, but she definately fuckable.

going to school, has a kid, like less than a year old i think but im not sure exactly, lives with her parents, is 22 as well, puertorican, really nice an shit... but she does seem kinda high maintenence, or like really proper. which is good, i need a better caliber chick anyways, but like, i dunno...

tomorrow we all are going clubbing, im bring her and this other chick a rose or some shit, and givng the one i like a lil bear or some crap.

bad move on your part holmes

maybe if you were in a more stable part of your life

i would say to go for this girl

but...

at the time being, you cant even support yourself

or get yourself on the 'right track'

and this girl does not need another kid (you) to deal with

be her friend, not her love interest

belive me on this

its not just your life youre fucking with

dont mean to be harsh, but thems the breaks

thats what im saying there mr. tease