Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

SO OKAY. I hate L.A.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by im not witty, Dec 7, 2003.

1. im not witty

im not witty Guest

I hate the idea of los angeles, parade of delusion, fake tits and traffic jams,
    BUT
    my idiot friend just moved out there and im going to visit him next week.

what mischief is there to get into out in that cesspool.

west coast tour 04

2. Telo

Telo Elite Member

me personally? when i went out there i just breezed through LA.. wasnt big on chillin there.. however if you like scenery i recommend going north a litle bit and checking out highway 1/101. PCH or whatever those guys call that shit. its pretty neat. bay area.. all those places are neat.. i drove from the redwood forest to sand diego last year.. that was kind of fun.. well that plus the entire length of the country...

3. Telo

Telo Elite Member

and i dont recommend getting caught painting.. i hear the penalties are ruthless out there..

4. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

LA is lame. enjoy getting looked down upon for not having the right hair or clothes. a buddy of mine ended up moving down there a while ago, and every time i visited, we just hit up every gallery we could find (way too much good shit: saber, david choe, ed templeton, etc.) and then spent the night getting drunk and yelling at strangers in echo park. no one down there seemed to care about anything, just how they looked. so criticizing their appearance made them incredibly self-conscious. good laughs had by us. but no, LA sucks ass.

now, depending what your schedule is like, the bay area is much more inviting. but i'm biased, i grew up there.

5. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

6. Telo

Telo Elite Member

you arent biased.. You speak truth. if someone can actually say that a place is inviting that they had grew up in.. thats saying alot.. alot of people say "awww that place is lame" (when speaking of their hometown).. "dont even go there, blah blah blah"

EDIT i just fucked those sentences up. sorry im hungover

7. me IS cool

me IS cool Guest

Stay away from North Hollywood and Beverly Hills. That's where the whole self image and what you drive is king.
    People there are snobby as fuck. I used to live in LA and I feel indifferent about LA.

So ehh...:huh?:

8. $360

$360 Elite Member

id rather be in la than boston. im pretty sure its not under 2 feet of snow right now.:(

9. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

la river
    bomb the rich snobby areas

10. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

11. TOR

TOR Member

i really dont agree with any of that image sht about la unless your in the rich ass areas,,,otherwise its just like anywhere else...fuck the fairy tales about LA...its tight...

12. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

seriously,

LA was the coolest city i ever visited i would move there in a second if appartments wernt like $1000 a month.

and i didnt really feel like anyone looked down on me.

13. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

only been in LAX on the way to vegas. but i definitly would like to hit
    LA up in the near future, not to mention other parts of cali.

"i'm goin, goin, back, back, to cali, cali..."

14. FuckWhitey

FuckWhitey Banned

All I know of L.A. is that there is a hair gel called "L.A. Looks" that sucks, is expensive, but at least it doesnt flake when it dries like other hair gels.

15. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

It has its good points and its bad points. The people I met were cool as fuck, but thats because I got to know them a bit. Everyone else seemed indiffernt (read: couldn't give a fuck) about everyone else.
    I also had a feeling of underlying tension, but maybe that was just me because I was travelling by myself and meeting people i barely knew.
    But at the same time I fell in love with the place.
    The beach vibe is cool.
    I had a kick ass tour guide who showed me some local spots but at the same time I had no idea where i was alot of the time. the place is one giant sprawling suburb.