So my new powerbook is coming tomorrow...

Tyler Durden

yes. i finally purchased a mac.

15'' g4 powerbook.

i know your all impressed.

anyway, i was just wondering something. i ordered the airportextreme card with it. my girlfriend (using a pc laptop...) has a wireless card and it automatically latches onto whatever signal is in the area basically enabling her to get broadband internet for free (minus the 60 bucks she dropped on the card.) but as i'm looking at the mac site, it keeps talking about the base station, so my question is: do i really need the base station to use the airport card? or is it going to just "latch on" to whatever available signal is around like my girlfriends card does? i'd REALLY rather not drop another 200 for the base station so i figured one of the mac heads on here should know......

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

your going to absolutely fall in love with the machine.

no you dont need a base station. the airport card will get signals...the base station is helpful downthe road if you want to extend the signal....thats all. when I bought mine homie tried to convince me i needed it too. big no to that.

awesome. i'll probably get the base station at some point...just not at the moment.

im so psyched over getting this. it should be here tomorrow and the wait is killing me. i've been going into the mac store here just to play on it. im such a nerd.

pre-emptive fuck pc's.

Guest me IS cool

For the love of all that is holy do not drop it! I dropped my first one and lemme tell you it sucks.

If this is your first laptop be prepared for it to look like shit a few months down the road. Regardless if you drop it or not.

:king:

yea....latches onto any kind of connection its the shimbizzlebicketybam.

Ive had mine for a few months...and I treat it with baby gloves...looks like it came outta the box. (kinda)

Ive never been so careful about a product..but this cpu has been a life save for my ass.

Archived