So my current credit card balance is

swif1

OSCAR MIKE GOLF WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT BRAVO BRAVO QUEBEC

ARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!111!!1!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111~

OK, I'm going to put my debit and credit card in a safe place until the end of April. The god damn statement better arrive today. Thank god, I still have some cash lying around. Sorry, I had to vent.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amen ube.

I'm really comitted to paying off my debt because when it's gone,

my Parents are going to reward me with a hiking trip to Machu Pichu.

I know it's a bit late in life for rewards like that, but I'm not saying 'no thanks'.

One thing, it's important to have credit available to you if you ever need a loan.

I currently have something like 25k available, so It shouldnt be hard to get a home loan when the time is right.

eheh.

if i sold my house after i paid everything off including school i'd be in the green like 80k so i'm not too worried about it. if i fall on hard times the house is always there as my safety net. in addition i have 25k in savings... =) i just don't feel like using up my safety nets.. i get it down.

but Kilos right, i dont think anyone would loan to me right now. not that i'm worried about it since i have 3 more years of school, own a house already and a benzo... not too worried about things. i have time.

people wonder why i'm not stressed about the credit card but i look at the big picture.

oh yah and i have 25K credit limit on both of my cards.... i could be in more trouble if i wanted.

if you have 18k on your card (including your car), but 25k in the bank, need i point out that your apr% is probably higher than the interest on your savings, so stockpiling all that money is actually costing you money.

then again, i should not be trusted with anything financially related.

seeks/i'm an accountant.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Limit's at $7500, owe nothing. I went up to owing $1800, and was paying it off in $200 steps, then said fuckit and just paid the whole damn thing when the checking account looked healthy enough to survive the chomp.

Felt really fucking good.

Originally posted by seeking@Mar 9 2005, 12:48 PM

if you have 18k on your card (including your car), but 25k in the bank, need i point out that your apr% is probably higher than the interest on your savings, so stockpiling all that money is actually costing you money.

then again, i should not be trusted with anything financially related.

seeks/i'm an accountant.

indeed. but seeing as i'm in school with a very unreliable source of income i prefer to keep the cash in case i were ever to be in a serious financial pinch. u know? maybe i should haul out 10k and at least drop that on the debt.

enh.

well, if you were ever really in that much of a pinch, you could always throw it on the card at that point.

i totally see your rational, i'd way rather have the cash as a fallback too, but even if the difference between your rates is only 5% (which is probably even a low estimate) you could still save $900 a year by paying it off.

I really hate owing people money or favors...I repay that shit quick so I can move on with life.

I've been using my card lately so my balance has been up but I try to keep it under 500 just in case of emergencies...

like last year, I had to cough up $700 for new tires..damn you Ford

yeah.. that seems pretty silly to have that much cash and that much debt.

and yeah... $700?? i long for the days of a 700 statement.

i'm 5 figuring it now. but most of that is helping me make some money. and i am hoping to get that down to a few g's by the end of this summer or sooner since i should be getting quite a nice tax return.

Originally posted by ubejinxed@Mar 9 2005, 09:12 AM

eheh $700???

aha

i have like 18K...half of that is my damn car... well whatever. i figure if i die with debt.. that's ok as long as i lived my life.

Same here..Half of that money its from my car loan...It stresses me a little to be on debt, cause if you think bout it, unless you a rich guy, we are always goin to be on debt..Thats just how I think..

I'm trying to figure out how a guy like me can get some credit. Even something small to start off with, like a card with a $100 limit. No one ever gives me credit and it is for the same reason: Not enough active accounts in the past 12 months.

Help me out. No credit is HWACK.

simple yuckers....

start with a pre-paid credit card (also know as a secure credit card)

You put the money into the card and use it just liek a credit card.

Make sure you pay off the balance and make sure you actually

use the card often. Then after a year with a card like this, any

company can see your history with it and will give you real credit.

I got my first card in college because the credit companies will

practically give them away to college students. Granted I had

a $500 limit, but they will turn it into a real card with time.

Now I've got 2 major credit cards and a line of credit with my bank.

exactly. BUT it shows to them that you have regular spending habbits.

They will probably let you move up to a real card in 6 months or a year.

You'll have to do something to get the ball rolling, even if it does seem

a little bit backwards. They want your money and will gladly upgrade it.

there should also be plenty of companies that will give you a card, just at an exorbinate rate. thats fine. just get it and make sure you pay it off at the end of each month and you're straight.

you can also try getting department store cards, those are sometimes easier to get.