So im going to Florida...

SleepAnDream

yep, road trip. spending a glorious nine days in daytona and orlando. just in time to get out of this shithole of a state before i go nuts. i cant wait. anyways...anyone know any good drinking holes or have any suggestions for places to blow some time and money at? Its been years since ive been down there. any info would be appreciated.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i know daytona has some banging strip clubs...orlando...im not sure what kind of fella you are what you're into but BBQ bar on orange is pretty diverse and a good time..it's right in the central bar district in downtown orlando..i would have taken vacation somewhere else..florida bores me

my girls moving down there so were looking for an appt for her. she has some friends there and whatever so we have a place to go. but, like most normal girls, theyre clubby type broads. im not one of those. id rather relax and hang out and get wasted not try shaking my ass unsuccessfully to some g unit in a gay club. call me crazy. plus, its nicer there than here. weather wise at least. and there's beaches and what have you. im all about it. any writing scene down there?

Originally posted by perve@May 7 2005, 02:47 AM

stop by tampa go to ybor city some fun to be had there.. stop by mons venus good times

oh mons venus, gooood time. i liked deja vu better though, they had a ride 5 for $5 when i went. it was scrumtrelescent. haha, yeah, tampa was hella fun. ybor was tight but i wasnt of age way back when. i have family in tampa too. how far is that shit from orlando? im a lazy bitch...im sure i could look it up myself..

Guest perve

a little under 2 hours. stayed out there for about three years i wouldnt advise living there but a short visit would be quite nice the pink pony is fun also. never been to deja vu have to go next time im back..

Daytona bars and clubs basically suck unless you're:

A) some florida mall dwelling import truck g unit wigger type

B) a dirty middle-aged white trash biker

or

c) 21, named joey, and from wisconsin on spring break looking for "the time of your life"

Orlando's ok, theres maybe 4 cool bars/hangouts, all in or around the downtown area:

"BBQ Bar" on orange ave

"Wills Pub" on mills ave

"The Hideaway" on virginia

"Sportstown" on robinson for pool

There arent many writers in orlando ... but one can take advantage of the lack of local graffiti awareness and get reckless on streets and highways.

Tampa's wild. Ybor city's kinda like bourbon street new orleans.

About an hour and 15 minutes west of orlando on 1-4.

ehh..I don't see all the hype with Tampa. Maybe cause I'm not old enough for the good night life. There's no graff scene that I know of- but go to that International Plaza mall if you're there, I saw Biz Markie a couple days ago shopping.

Originally posted by Ten Cents@May 8 2005, 06:37 PM

Daytona bars and clubs basically suck unless you're:

A) some florida mall dwelling import truck g unit wigger type

B) a dirty middle-aged white trash biker

or

c) 21, named joey, and from wisconsin on spring break looking for "the time of your life"

Orlando's ok, theres maybe 4 cool bars/hangouts, all in or around the downtown area:

"BBQ Bar" on orange ave

"Wills Pub" on mills ave

"The Hideaway" on virginia

"Sportstown" on robinson for pool

There arent many writers in orlando ... but one can take advantage of the lack of local graffiti awareness and get reckless on streets and highways.

Tampa's wild. Ybor city's kinda like bourbon street new orleans.

About an hour and 15 minutes west of orlando on 1-4.

nice, daytona is where im basically going to be for the majority of the trip. too bad my names not joey, nor am i from wisconsin. looks like im just going to get wasted and wander around. bah. thanks for the input bitches, im leaving now, im tired as fuck and not happy with the situation...we were supposed to leave 5 hours ago...goddamned roadtrips... :hatred:

Guest perve

hey swif who got the dirty strippers number......lets not forget who dropped the ball that night!! plus she was worth every penny.