so im getting hired as a cook again,when i applied for a bussing job

Guest willy.wonka

Guest willy.wonka

im tired of this..everywhere i go they say they need experienced bussers or waiters. like how do i get experience? do i fucking show them a video of me servin tea to my niece and stuffed animals? is there a school?

my homie has done nothing but work on cars and all ofa sudden, he gets a serving job in a fancy restruant. is there a connection with cars and serving food?

i dont know whats wrong, but it seems like i get all the jobs i dont want and im serious when i say that the managers to the jobs i do want will interview me and then ignore me after they said that i would get the job..i ask when they are gonna hire me and i swear it, they stick thier noses up in the air and walk away from me, not even paying attention to my questions.

makes me wanna buy a gun and show them who's boss

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by willy.wonka

everywhere i go they say they need experienced bussers or waiters. like how do i get experience?

lie

is there a school?

yes. check the wanted ads in the newspaper. they always advertise for little hospitality courses you can do. they usually only go for a week or so

my homie has done nothing but work on cars and all ofa sudden, he gets a serving job in a fancy restruant. is there a connection with cars and serving food?

duh, didn't you know?

Guest KING BLING

Do you have a bartender or otherwise service industry friend who could talk the shit if needed? THAN...say you worked at that establishment and use them as a referance and give the cell number of said hombre to your soon to be new employer.

Originally posted by ARCEL

isn't cooking better than carrying plates and shit around?

hahaha...too some yeah...because that's what they like doing---but for me...NO!!!!.....most of the time when you work in the back you don't tipped out from servers and waiters...and believe me, you should try standing in a kitchen that feels like it's 120 degrees all day and busting your ass for a "decent" paycheck..when even the busser is bringing in a fare amount of gratuity and you don't see a penny of it. I used to be a barback,busser,server,prep cook, and a dishwasher....and guess what?...after all that experience....I think I finally might a new job..........dishwashing.fuck. Welcome to the real world,not the one on T.V.

local colleges usually have hospitality courses you can take.

serving tables usually requires experience because it can be mad hectic. serving 10 or 12 tables at a time can get seriously stressfull, and if you've never done it before, you're fucked.

best way to get experience is to work your way up - kitchen.. busser.. waiter. Or... bartender... waiter. and you can definitely take bartending courses and get certified.

i'm like 455.. worked pretty much every service oriented job around at one point or another, but i just had to stop serving because i was going to slaughter someone with a steak knife one day.

working as a waiter for extended periods of time makes you realise (even more) just how fuckin stupid people are. it can get pretty jadding.

it can be very good money though.

partying with hot ass waitresses is a bonus too.

i've done both, certain places hire men more than others. but there are usually gays everywhere. you have to appear competant, even headed in every situation, it's a profession the same as a mechanic. same as cooking really. waiting can suck when it's slow, cooking can suck when it's busy. i'll tell you something that most people who wait tables don't know, maybe it'll be the key to you landing that first job: the table service that we use today, serving in courses and removing the plates, is a relatively new practice developed in russia, it's called russian table service, they accepted this practice in france in the nineteenth century after a russian czar, not sure the name, hired a french chef named careme who brought the practise back to france.

i have served and barbacked/bussed, and i like the bussing better, mainly because i didnt have to kiss any customers ass. the problem was that the servers expected me to be their bitch the entire time. as far as "experience", i applied to Copelands with no serving experience, but told them on my application that i had previously served at a nice restaurant in the area and got hired on the spot. if you can carry a few plates then you will be ok, the good thing is that every restaurant has different ways of doing shit. the problem is that with no experience it can be very stressful at times.