So I'm getting an iPod

LaCosaNostra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by azert

I hate my damn Ipod. The battery is worth shit, if they'd make it so you could use AA or AAA batteries then I'd be much more happy with it.

I love mine, but i will agree the batteries blow. I get 4 hours max and thats with barely any messing around with it. Also, you can make a battery hookup for it that'll use 8 aa batteries and run for a good 20+ hours for those long trips and shit like that. I have one, but i don't remember where i found how to make it. Try googling it or something. Also, if you're looking to buy an ipod, i suggest looking at other products first, i love my ipod but i know people who have irivers and say they're just as good but with better battery life and the capability to record things.

Yea, I have friends who have various other MP3 players that all seem to have various other things wrong with them... Most said if they could do it over, they'd get an iPod. Any solutions as to the battery dilema? I'm gonna look up how to jerry- rig the shit with the AA batts.

Originally posted by yeaaaah baby

i only have trouble with its battery life. keep that charger handy

If you're going on a trip, or don't mind carrying around the bulky add-on, then get the Belkin external AA battery case. It adds like 10 hours, or something crazy like that.

And if you're cool like me, you'll get the awesome Camel tweed case...http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/584/store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/t7446lla_125.jpg'>

I don't know what y'all are talking about with the battery life, mine lasts a couple days without recharging.

Definitely install itunes. I don't know if it still comes with that incredibly awful musicmatch software for windows, but itunes beats its ass.

Tips to extend battery life:

1. Turn backlight off or turn the timer to 2 seconds.

2. Use the on-the-go playlisting. It queues up the songs you want to listen to so it doesn't have to spin the hard drive (main power drain) for every new song.

The rechargable battery was probably the biggest selling point for me. I hate having to keep replacing AA batteries in things, the ipod has probably saved me at least $50 in batteries.

I was talking about the Belkin one on the apple website. I was just reading about it and it says it lasts for 12 hours. But it's probably more like 10. And I think it's more than $40. But, hey, when you're on a flight across seas and you need your music. Or you forget to charge the iPod. It comes in handy.

i do love my iPod, im to the point where if i dident have it i might have

to kill myself because i dont have the money to get a new one. but i got

a 20gb one about a year ago and it is still kickin! iTunes is a must. and

the things with having your playlist deleted... just make a play list on

iTunes and then save it to the iPod and it will stay with u 4 ever...

Archived