Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

So I Went To Another City...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by RoboThruster, Jul 28, 2005.

1. RoboThruster

RoboThruster Member

Now that I have your attention, here's alittle log of my holiday to another city. If anyone happened to bump into me during these travels and figures out who I am. Do me a favour and be hush about it.

Day 1- I get off the plane, my phone is dead.

The on and off button was broken and while I intended on just keeping it on during the flight some goon called me right before take off. I talked my way into getting the flight attendant to leave me alone and probably could of just kept that shit on. But this old lady next to me looked ridiculously uncomfortable. I could tell she wanted to call the flight attendant back, even though she wasn't going to. So I take the battery out and make some polite small talk about how annoying my old phone is. She suggested I smash it.

So here I am, in a new city with no phone. Luckily I had the sense to get a contact number out before detonation. I make calls, meet up with people, drop my bags off, before I know it I'm eating ridiculously cheap pizza in some dome that when you talk sound reverberates all weird. The urge to vandalise in a new city is strong and I find my self seriously considering tagging the backpacks of schools kids and they push me to the back of a crowded train.

We go to some dudes house who I will call Jungle George. I walk into Georges house and find a full size trampoline smack bang in the doorway. I look further and notice some gym ropes and shit.

.... To be continued.

And yes the tittle does have some relevance to my journey. So no bickering about it. Bitches.

2. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

so did you fuck any local whores?

3. RoboThruster

RoboThruster Member

I thought I should atleast try and finish day one.

It turns out George is a circus freak. George makes his money by traveling around to schools and teaching kids circus stuff. He also is in the process of making a hip hop album. So we bypass all the weird shit he has in the middle of his big warehouse space and go to his studio out the back. He tells me how his live show includes fire juggling and shit and we kick some freestyles while I sketch up stickers to use while I site see during the day.

I meet up with my old friend whom I'm going to be staying with and we head out from there. We go to some random open mic night and I'm eventually called upon to get up. There aren't many people there, so it really me standing up on a podium looking around maybe 20 people rapping at them while they drink and kind of bob their heads in a half awake kind of way. Fucking ace. We drink more and more.We Meet some girls.And we Meet somel weirdos.

This includes one who screamed "YEAH FUCKING STAUNCH ! STTTAAAAAAAUUUNNNNCCCHH!!" When he saw I was reasonably confident on stage aswell as another who kept kind of dancing by himself and following us around. Eventually the two had some falling out and went down some alley to settle it. Staunch.

I also scammed some free drinks from some Scottish guy by challenging him to a drinking compitition. All in all a pretty average day one.

To Be Continued.

4. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

Nice.

This is usually how i get free drinks as well.

5. Bumboclot.

Bumboclot. Member

6. NeRVe54

NeRVe54 Senior Member

this IS actually pretty good... continue on fucker!!!!!

7. Home Time

Home Time Senior Member

Interesting city..

8. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

heh..freestyle sessions and open mics at hole in the walls..
    Definitely can relate, waiting for the next installment

9. Grimes

Grimes Veteran Member

word,being in different/strange cities is fun,and the urge to write on anything and everything is definately strong

10. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

I like this thread - good stuff

11. RoboThruster

RoboThruster Member

Day 2 - After curling in a super fetal position all night shivering from the cold. I wake up and begin tormenting my host to get out of bed and start showing my ass around (I'm cool like that). I play blast sex machine by James Brown and chuckle as the words "Get on Upppaa" echo through his room while he slams his pillow over his hung over melon head and groans.

We get our shit together then end up in the little vietnam of this city where we buy the most awesome beef, chicken, basil, chilli and bean sprout soup ever. I buy some thai red bull (its like normal red bull but in a concertrated syrup) to help combat the shitty tiredness being super cold in the fetal position all night will bring. I also put up some stickers and weird out some local viets who are like "what the shit is this round eyed gwai-lo fucker doin?!"

We end up travelling to the local hip hop shop and I have this weird stand-offish interaction with the shop keeper while he asks me about the scene in my local city. I buy a fuck load of paint and me and my friend then proceed to roll around all day buying random cheap fill tins, putting up stickers (plus shifty day time tags where I can get away with them) and cracking jokes. Finally I end up at these abandoned silo towers where we do quick pieces in the vanishing sunlight. I remind myself to come back to this place and climb up to the top before I leave.

During the day I have also called up all the graffito tagging hook ups my people have given me to contact when I arrive in this city. One of them, the one who I know the most about is never answering his phone.( he's good friends with my boy frog face who a very few some of you may remember from a story I posted on this forum way back about strippers fighting drunk girls). The other one who I have atleast drunkenly bumped into around my own city is actually over there on a holiday while I'm visiting. And so lastly I resign to call up this dude who I know from ......12ozprophet.

This dude is the only one who answers to the call to duty and says we should go painting during the night. Now usually when it comes to graffiti I'm very reserved with people. I certainly do not go and paint with writers who I've randomly met on the internet like that. In fact I seldom go with people I've randomly met properly and shit. But I'm in a different city and I've talked to this guy on the internet alot so I figure "what the fuck, if things aren't kosher I can just jump a taxi home". So I call this guy we arrange to meet in the central business district. Me and my melon headed friend (who will from now on be reffered to as melon head in this story ) figure out our colour schemes and all that jazz, then bounce to the train station to go into the city.

To be continued.

12. 1988

1988 Elite Member

Work sucks...Thanks for the entertainment.

13. TheAggressor

TheAggressor New Jack

dope thread, need more...

14. nozaki

nozaki Senior Member