so I was hit by a car today..

siloette

So Im on crutches now..Im not complaining here..It boggles my mind more that anything..I ride my bike everyday on my lunch break..we always joke about the fact that when you are on a bike or on foot you are invisible..

People have gotten out of control..

No one looks where they are going..A week ago at that same corner a little boy was hit and the driver left the scene..

I was on my way back to work and a woman pulled out of a parking lot with out paying attention..She never stopped on her way to turn out onto the street..I tried to stop and on impulse my feet hit the ground to drag to a halt..but she hit me right in the leg...pushing my bike out from under me ..causing me to slide up onto her hood..

I freaked out ..and as I collected my self to go around to talk to her....still in shock..the bitch took off..

I couldnt believe it..

People just kept going..I had to stop if I would have swerved out of the way I would have hit oncoming traffic..

does anyone else feel me on this..have roads completely taken over? How do we feel about these metal bubbles we all get around in..are we happy we can get around with ease..or do you think its out of control?

or has anyone else experienced hit and run?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest -MOE LESTER-

you shoulda whipped out your rocket launcher and blew the bitches car up....then raped her wounded body while shes helpless

I'm sorry, I didn't really adress your question. I think, however, that I still pointed out what I consider the root of the problem. Self-asorbtion. Cars are merely another form of insulation.

geeze! i hope you're doing alright and your recovery is speedy

drivers can suck. no doubt about that.

a friend in Florida told me that he knew a bike messenger who was clipped/run off the road and went down hard. the champ got up, chased the car for well over a mile before catching it pinned at a stoplight. the story goes that he proceed to jump on the hood (ragged and blood streaked, of course) and smash his bike through the windshield. i always thought that was some badass revenge.

be careful on the road kids

once i was driving and some guy pulled up behind me in a hilarious car and he had a hilarious haircut so i started laughing. (he looked like one of the kottonmouth kings) so he got out and started running up to my car, the light turned green and i drove away. then he caught up and flipped me off, then he threw a fucking pepsi bottle at me and hit my car and it exploded, then he made a motion that he was going to shoot me and tried to run me off the road. since then i never make eye contact with other drivers.

Guest Wilt
Originally posted by Comp

once i was driving and some guy pulled up behind me in a hilarious car and he had a hilarious haircut so i started laughing. (he looked like one of the kottonmouth kings) so he got out and started running up to my car, the light turned green and i drove away. then he caught up and flipped me off, then he threw a fucking pepsi bottle at me and hit my car and it exploded, then he made a motion that he was going to shoot me and tried to run me off the road. since then i never make eye contact with other drivers.

hmmm talk about getting pinched in the nuts once and never wanting to get head again...silo that bitch will get what's coming to her...karma never lets anyone down...

my boy got hit by an expedition last week. had a concussion (sp?), broken wrist, scraped up face, hips, and arms, bruised kidney, and some other shit. his earring got ripped out too. that shit is crazy.

Guest THE LAW

:mad: :mad: :mad:

GRRRRRRRR.....

THE LAW is glad you are "o.k.", but extremely pissed off at the situation, been hit by a couple as well. feel better.

Guest willy.wonka

nah im just kidding.....

i was just trying to shock you for a second..

like i tell everyone, "take it easy..."

take care and aloha.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

siloette-

get well, i hope you heal quick

i have been hit and doored many times

when people are dumb, and then get mad at you because THEY are dumb, i have a tendancy to chase, spit, curse, and throw shit at them. i have launched many a rock or whatever is handy at the ig'nant mofos. on the flip though, im the first to admit if i am wrong and do something boneheaded. but when people have been know to hit me when hes the one driving the wrong way down a one way street... heads up.

same exact thing happened to me five years ago, except replace car with big ass delivery truck, and replace tried to stop with tried to beat it out of the way. fucker turned into the middle lane and tried to merge into traffic and didn't even look or hit the brakes until he ran me down. i think there are people that shouldn't be driving, and it sucks that person ran, my guy couldn't run he was in a company truck and makes deliveries around there all day. crutches suck, but once you get some towels on 'em and get over the hurt, you can still get around. good luck recouperating, hope this doesn't set you back too much.

Guest HESHIANDET

GOD DAMNIT!!!! that makes me really mad. hope you get well soon..that would have been a good oppertunity for "u-lock justice"...

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Smart

Cars are merely another form of insulation.

Exactly!!

It's a living room on wheels.

You can act like an asshole without any apology

beause it's like your not really out in the world.

You may look out the window at your neighbours,

but it's considered rude to look into another car.

You can give people the finger and swear like a sailor,

because these people are truly in their own world.

I'm envious of Asian culture where most everone has a bike

or walks to public transit. You have to deal with people in the real world.

It's impossible to sheild yourslef with 2 tons of steel and

act like you own the world.

and dont even get me started on people who throw garbage

out the windows while driving through the country. :heated:

I got hit myself in a similar situation a couple weeks back but the only damage was to my back fender.

I think a lot of times people forget that their vehicle can be a weapon more deadly than any gun. Automobiles can be fucking scary when you're just flesh and blood walking or riding your bike. I usually try to take the mindset that once I get on my bike I become invisible. Seriously. Maybe my bike has magical invisibilty powers or something, because I swear fuckers will not stop for me.

The only upside to Silo's accident is the cool $5 thrift store crutches she can use as weapons if need be! :)

Guest --zeSto--

yes.. you do become invisible on a bike.

that's why most of the bike messengers around here

have a whistle in their mouth all the time.

You can be heard... but it's still a dangerous game.

Guest Are2

damn!

that fucking sucks!!!

some friends of mine are bicycle messengers..many of them have experienced hit and run, a few have been pretty seriously injured by it..

..metal legs for everyone!

fuck..i am really sorry to hear that.

motherfuckers are so unobservant it's as if everyone has blinders on..they only worry about themselves and where they're at..

i've heard toronto is an awesome city cuz there are so many bikers and drivers are always watching for them...

as an addendum to this rant,

please people, stay off the fucking celly while your dumb ass is driving ..this has been the cause of a few bike&carwrecks i know of

Out of several years of pedaling my BMX bicycle around all over none of us got hit. We weren't too careful at all and probably should have been hit but luck was on our side I guess.. We kind of owned the streets at times... Anyways one time my friend was just riding to another friends house, keep in mind he looked about 11 years old at the time (seriously) and someone hit him and drove away. One whole half of his face was basically just a scab from his face sliding across the road.

It's fucked up to do it to anyone on a bike, but when it's a youngster, it just seem's a little more fucked up. Ya know?

Also, previous to this a kid I knew in junior high was hit by some lady pulling out of a parking lot too busy on her cell phone. Dumb bitch.

Finally, I was walking to my friends car after school one time when this girl decided to start going while I was directly in front of her car. She had no clue I was there. Luckily the car was only 2 inches away and she just let off the break, so nothing bad happened.

Get well soon!

silo, get better soon....

um, ive never been hit, buuuuuut....when i first got my license, i had to goto the stores for moms....well im all amped, grab the milk, get back in the car, thinkll i take the long way home...so im fiddling with the radio and backing up and then next thing i know i hear thump....im like what the fuck was that, so i jump outta my car, and look to find a poor old lady that i backed into!!...shes was this sweet old lady carrying her goceries and yours truly just knocked her over, like lying on the ground over....so shes on the ground, getting back up....i run over to help her up, needless to say im just mortified....im more concerned about her, but i notice people looking at me as if im a nazi teenage hoodlum, and im feeling like the biggest dick....so i apologize my head off....ask her if shes sure shes okay....she said she was fine, and kinda laughed it off, she musta felt bad for me...im such a dipshit, im lucky i didnt bust her hip!!...im still somewhat dangerous...

headinthecloudsoner.....

Archived