so i survived the falluajah invasion

WhAt_dA_fUcK

hey whats up eveyone i just came back from the city of fallujah....it sucked so much ass but i made it back unharmed if i can sum up what i feel right now i think the word closest would have to be tired...too many close calls....i lost alot of friends...i guess i did my part well how is everyone over here on 12oz havent been on i apologize just gotta take care of these bad guys....well ill be back on from time to time...just given everyone a heads up im still alive.....i guess they cant get rid of me that easily...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations man. I know you were stationed right outside Fallujah, but wasn't sure if you were part of the invasion. I don't support the war at all but I support the average everyday troop that puts his life on the line for those evil greedy war hawks in the Bush administration. I was in the navy and participated in the initial phase of both Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom on the USS Kitty Hawk. But us sailor cats can't claim the same bravery as you marines since we weren't really putting our lives on the line, we just sat off the coast and launched missles and planes. I knew one Cambodian dude that was in the marines and he died last year in Iraq when his grenade launcher exploded on him during a small-arms familiarization fire.

Stay safe and when are you due to transfer out of that hellhole?

Originally posted by Armenhammer+Dec 11 2004, 01:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Armenhammer - Dec 11 2004, 01:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pinup@Dec 11 2004, 03:43 PM

interesting web site to all those who want to know about US deaths in Iraq

http://www.cryptome.org

wat da fuck, although i don't support the war in iraq in the least, good luck to you. stay safe.

http://icasualties.org/oif/

this is where I go.

[/b]

http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/

This one I think is the most in-depth. Has their name, picture, date they died, how they died, where they died, what base they were stationed from, and then posted comments from friends and relatives. Doesn't have all coalition troops though, just the U.S....

i talked with a friend who just got back from iraq a month ago, he is very shook up and the first way he described it to me was "hell on earth, fucking hell on earth"....said is was totally fucked up and nothing changed from the time he went there a year ago to the time he left...he had guys he had known for like 4 and five years die right beside him...and he explained how "killing" was his job and that was the hardest part to deal with...

he said the government did nothing for moral...he said they found some puppies and this reminded them of home so they cleaned them up gave then flea collers and shit......but ended up having to kill the puppies because the high command said it was " getting in the way of their mission"

fucking bastards.

yo whats your unit in the marines?? i know this dude whos in the marines and went into fallujah hes from san francisco his names tyler penington hes a youngn

any interesting stories??

the media makes the war look like just a bunch of us troops walking down streets while stuff blows up in the background....i kno this is bullshit?? any close quarters combat, etc?

im in 1st battalion 8th marines (an infantry battalion)...

the deal with my ex?.......i just let it be i havent talked/written to her since i broke up with her like in july/august time frame.....

yea you could say i have seen things i would have rather not seen...shit that keeps me up at night sometimes...im not going to advertize some events that took place because people died and that in itself deserves enough respect....

i got some pictures ill probably hook yall up with....of the city how fucked up it is....

alot of my friends died and i dont want to say anything more than im allowed too but the insurgents didnt expect us coming from the north of the city ill tell you that.....

and who says we havent found weapons of mass destruction??

last thing i know was were not releasing anything of that nature to the public.....if weve found anything

Originally posted by Vanity@Dec 11 2004, 08:23 PM

what's the most fucked up thing you saw?

how the hell can you ask sometime who just got back from WAR what the "most fucked up thing you saw" was? have at least a shred of sensitivity.

wtf - im glad youre alright and im sorry about your friends. were you able to see change in how the iraqi citizens treated the soldiers? what im asking is, does it seem like theyre hating our occupation more and more every day?