So i just got a job but......

Gunm

This morning i accepted a job position in (blank).

Awesome title, fat cat money, great location, awesome atmosphere, but.....one problem.

I told them i could commit to their company for about a year but unbeknownst to them, i intend to return to school at big name university at the end of september.

How do you geniuses propose that i severe the connection come that time?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you're not planning on using them as a job reference...use my approach at job quitting (i've quit about 6 so far..)

you can either be a nice guy and just give your two weeks notice once the time comes, or quit right on the spot.

If you tell them ahead of time, theyre gonna shit on you and make your job there miserable (since u comitted to 1 year and now u all of a sudden can only work for two months).

for me... i'd just quit on the spot.. but that's me.

show up drunk, smelling of whiskey or something equally as potent, get fired, return to school, life goes on. simple as that my friend, keep the ball in their court and you'll be fine...that is unless you were hoping to use them as a job reference in the future.

Shit keep going to school and keep the job. Just show up between classes like you know what you are doing. If any one questions your authority just tell them you have been under a lot of pressure and now is not a good time to fuck with you.

Originally posted by LENS

This morning i accepted a job position in (blank).

Awesome title, fat cat money, great location, awesome atmosphere, but.....one problem.

I told them i could commit to their company for about a year but unbeknownst to them, i intend to return to school at big name university at the end of september.

How do you geniuses propose that i severe the connection come that time?

Money talks and bullshit walks man! Take the job first and handle the rest later! Be spur of the moment but be precise and planned! There's a balance!

Originally posted by Ethreadzny2

feel the job out first. if you gain respect for the people you work for, give them two weeks out of courtesy. If the people are real asses, just leave. Tell them you decided to go back to school. They may be pissed, but atleast they can respect that..

on point, ethreadz.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

That's like.....2 months. What was the point of even taking it?

I am not living anywhere right now except for people's couches until school starts again in the fall. Ergo, i pay no rent or utilities

Now, figure I work for $15.00 an hour at this job, 40 hours a week, hmmmm.....

Long and short, i took this job to make a ton of money and use it to take winter break in Tokyo this year

well, if it'll help your career path, i'd keep working.... otherwise, you can't really put it on your resume, and worst comes to worst is you have that much more cash for tokyo.... if it's jsut alil dough to keep you eating, fuck it. i think i might head back to school this spring myself.

Re: Re: So i just got a job but......

Originally posted by Asickeronius

Money talks and bullshit walks man! Take the job first and handle the rest later! Be spur of the moment but be precise and planned! There's a balance!

what are you, a fucking fortune cookie? none of those expressions help this guy at all.

Lens, maybe instead of using that money to spend winter break in tokyo you should use it to get the fuck off your homies' couches and get a place to live.

from a managment standpoint your going to be frowned upon regardless.....its going to take time for you to get acclimated and during that period there is going to be someone who is there to train you, watch over you and answer all of your little questions. i know for me bringing on a new employee is the biggest fucking pain in the ass but i tolerate it because in the end its supposedly going to make my job easier....if you bounce just as that person is getting you on your feet they are going to be very pissed off due to the fact that youve really done nothing but pile more shit onto their workload, take time away from other tasks and generally waste their time.

Archived