So I have had this theory..

iloveboxcars

And you are either going to laugh or .. something else, but here it is..

Keep in mind I haven't completely thought this out.. but I think it might be interesting.. also, prove me completely wrong if possible, please.

Our solar system is just a molecule. Same with other solar systems. All we do is make up a part of a larger molecule, and smaller molecules make us up (and so on and so forth in both directions).

So this would mean we are just some disease, (no, not a matrix reference) slowly breaking down this cell or molecule and then moving on to the next. (space travel).. And if there are aliens they are just mutated forms of us because they needed to adapt to thier new enviroments. (or vice versa of course.)

That's just a quick over view.. if you have any questions I will gladly answer what I think the best I can.

Go ahead and make fun of me for this.. I just needed to get it out of my head.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i believe the quote is along the lines of:

"so what you're saying is, inside of a cell in my fingernail, could be an entire universe, with planets and beings and an entire galaxy..."

"yes."

"so that means, that our entire universe could just be inside of a single cell inside the fingernail of some giant being..."

"yes."

"...could i buy some pot from you?"

it's not exactly the same, but close enough to warrant a picture of gumby drinking a beer.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

i believe the quote is along the lines of:

"so what you're saying is, inside of a cell in my fingernail, could be an entire universe, with planets and beings and an entire galaxy..."

"yes."

"so that means, that our entire universe could just be inside of a single cell inside the fingernail of some giant being..."

"yes."

"...could i buy some pot from you?"

it's not exactly the same, but close enough to warrant a picture of gumby drinking a beer.

Yeah that is insanely close. I feel that my theory is undermined due to the fact that it has already been mentioned in Animal House.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

it's not that your theory is undermined, it's just that it's not as original as you hoped.

it's cool. we've all done the "i am an insignificant speck in the endless landscape that is the universe" thing before.

Nah it isn't even that "I'm an insignificant speck" phase, it's just some shit I thought up some time ago.. probably at work staring at my desk or something. I've been kind of half assedly been building on it ever since. Now I don't have to because it's already been done.

I guess it could make sense.

I dreamt the strangest idea once :

People die. What happens when people die ? In my dream, it seemed obvious that when people died, they were reborn into natural minerals, like wood, rock or something else, with the purpose of having a use. Therefore, as we go along through ages of time, the more man accumulates material, buildings etc, because since there are all of these dead people that have preceded us, they regenerate into an increasingly large number of substance to make objects. That's why the first men were naked and live under trees.

Of course, this makes no sense. I just had a kick thinking about it when i woke up.

Originally posted by Mr. Peanut

life cycles are reflected on so many levels. it's just a matter of getting high enough to think of a new one.

naw.... it's a matter of waking up and being sober enough to see the new ones already around us.

I always feel stupid talking about things like this, and often kick myself

for entertaining the thoughts, because none of my friends even HUMOR

me when I bring it up.

And I don't smoke weed. Go figure.

So we're just on this breathing organism that is time... rise and fall,

inhale exhale, wax and wane. Time begins with the big bang, then

gravity wins again and everything shrinks down to one point again.. then

another big bang. What does that mean for me though? Am I going to

type this post an infinite amount of times? Will I be wearing this shirt and

these jeans 50 kajillion "years" from now? And what the fuck is time, anyway?

Relativity? Anyone?

This is usually where I get really depressed, because no matter how well

I do in my life, by this theory I'm just gonna make all the same mistakes

over again. What meaning does my life (or anyone's life) have? There

really is no point, I think, and then my physical self kicks in and says

"No matter how meaningless this is, I still don't feel like dying." I guess

all that's out there for us is to enjoy the time we have. If you're going

to live the same life over and over ad infinitum, try to make it at least

tolerable, so that you don't regret it. Also, don't forget that there are

people out there who can't control their destinies, who are being bound

and gagged by tyranous selfish pricks. Try to help them out too.

The prism is very bright from this angle!

Heh... I liked that iloveboxcars. Although I'm hesitant to think of humans as virii.

S@T@N: Time is linear, the universe is expanding, forward to the future! Don't get stuck in a rut man.

I don't really think we live the same life over and over like groundhog day. Hmm.. maybe in a parallel universe but that's a whole nother story.

*On another note: Wouldn't something being so supermacroscopic cause a gravity so dense it would implode? I just don't know....

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

And you are either going to laugh or .. something else, but here it is..

Keep in mind I haven't completely thought this out.. but I think it might be interesting.. also, prove me completely wrong if possible, please.

Our solar system is just a molecule. Same with other solar systems. All we do is make up a part of a larger molecule, and smaller molecules make us up (and so on and so forth in both directions).

So this would mean we are just some disease, (no, not a matrix reference) slowly breaking down this cell or molecule and then moving on to the next. (space travel).. And if there are aliens they are just mutated forms of us because they needed to adapt to thier new enviroments. (or vice versa of course.)

That's just a quick over view.. if you have any questions I will gladly answer what I think the best I can.

Go ahead and make fun of me for this.. I just needed to get it out of my head.

You know "men in black", the really corny movie for 13 year olds featuring will smith? well yes i have seen this movie(not something im proud of), and at the end of it they show this sequence where solar systems make up molecules which make up a larger ball with which weird looking aliens are playing marbles with.

too much tv will do this to you.

"The expression of the artist offers to the viewer an opportunity to seek a reflection of the greater world in a microcosm, to find what the Western poet William Blake described as "the universe in a grain of sand . and eternity in an hour."

" As a philosopher he was without peer in his time. As a mystic he founded the Transcendentalist movement in the 19th century. as a skeptic he penetrated to the heart of the presuppositions of his time to release the truth from its encrustations of culture. As a poet he could bring others to see "infinity in a grain of sand and eternity in an hour." As a man of the world he was the Napoleon of Concord and the Goethe of the English-speaking world." (talking about ralph waldo emerson)

lots of people, including modern physicists have had this idea.

except, it is a misnomer to refer to our galxy/universe etc as a 'molecule'

while i understand your idea, this is an improper way to describe it, because molecules are already defined, and being small is far from their only property

i used to have the same exact theory before college, i however went through extensive education in the physical sciences.

studying much chemistry and physics ("micro" relative to human size), as well as geology and astronomy ("macro" relative to human size), i came to the conclusion that there are indeed infinite planes of existence that vary in magnitudes of size...

however, you will not find a repeating pattern as i once thought, and also as you suggest

the relationship in which planets revolve around the sun, and solar systems revolve around the galaxy, and galaxies revolve around the universe, is in fact quite different from the way in which electrons revolve around the nucleus in an atom, and the bonds of atoms in a molecule.

in fact the scientists who developed atomic theory wanted the patern of electrons and protons to match the behavior of planets to the sun, but through testing saw that it was in fact different.

with this noted, it actually makes this theory more exciting, because it leaves the possibilty of larger variety and higher probability of unkown planes of existence. basically we comprise a larger system of some existence that we wouldn't even begin to comprehend.

after all this, some philosophy comes into play...

our existence is defined by the meaning we assign it. our whole life, order, and understanding of things exists because we define things according to what use they have to us, and is limited to our five senses.

i could rant on this forever, but i'll stop now.

it's a theory that can be approached scientifically or philosophically

and while the patterns of electrons and protons do not match that of planets, we also now know that electrons and protons are far from the simplest components of an atom.

i also think homeskillet is just putting out an idea about microcosms, not neccesarily comparing patterns

interesting read:

http://www.shambhala.com/images/covers/057062519_L.gif'>

less about this topic, more about the convergence of philosophy and science

Your theory is something that everyone who has done hardcore psychedelic drugs has probably experienced firsthand at some point. More interesting is when the energy inherent in the fabric of the universe itself condenses into a woman/not woman and fucks you for 2 hours straight.