so i got arrested.....

LaCosaNostra

i got arrested last night with criminal trespassing on railroad property. no painting or anything, misdeamenor. but, the cop did not read me my Miranda rights. So, I figured I could get the charges dropped as it wasn't a legal arrest. The same for a friend I was with.

Any thoughts? Do I have to get an attorney? What should I do?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Tease I'd hate to see you go to jail man. You'd be the only inmate to not get a rope on your soap man.

As for homie that got arrested, if they didn't read you your rights, then you could get a lawyer and have that shit thrown out. But don't think that you can just do it without a lawyer.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Tease I'd hate to see you go to jail man. You'd be the only inmate to not get a rope on your soap man.

i wouldnt shower. haha. nobody getting my sweet virgin asshole. believe that.

and if your short little bitch ass can goto jail and be fine, im more than sure i could to.

Miranda rights really only concern what you say after arrest and whether or not it's admissible in court against you.

Check these Miranda rights questions that pretty much echoes what I said:

Q. Can police arrest or detain a person without reading them their Miranda rights?

A. Yes, but until the person has been informed of his or her Miranda rights, any statements made by them during interrogation may be ruled inadmissible in court.

Sorry, man .. assuming everything else was legit, your arrest is still valid.

that's not true.. like pmb posted earlier... it just means anything you said has to be thrown out.

i've been arrested many times and have never been read my rights.... i've only had one instance thrown out, and that was over an illegal search (and i was a minor)

Originally posted by LaCosaNostra

i got arrested last night with criminal trespassing on railroad property. no painting or anything, misdeamenor. but, the cop did not read me my Miranda rights. So, I figured I could get the charges dropped as it wasn't a legal arrest. The same for a friend I was with.

Any thoughts? Do I have to get an attorney? What should I do?

trying to get off by saying the police officer didn't read you ur miranda rights is a joke... that shit only works in the movies. trust me, i know.... your better off dressing really geeky and acting like u have learned ur lesson.... and when i mean geeky, i mean tight high wadder pants, tucked in flannel t-shirrt, glasses, and grown out messy hair

same thing happened to me i had a lawyer at the time had an excuse why i was on the tracks but you should get a written agreement from the railroad company like im on the tracks taking pictures of murals for a fake magazine company or sumthing.. it cost me a 100 bucks to get that shit clear i told em i was taking pictures of graff so they took my camera as evidence and what i said was true.. im not doin graff so what can they do about that no paint on fingers cuz i wear rubber gloves.. no cans plus they searched my car cuz people wittness me comin and goin like i was a drug dealer or something i mean lookin at me and my car yeah i would be judge as drug dealer at the time and when they were searching my car my cell phone kept ringin that looked real good...my lawyer showed the judge pics of graff i wasnt doin nothin wrong and that was that a 100 dollar court fee

Originally posted by LaCosaNostra

i'm not sure if it's worth getting a lawyer and all of that,

i think the consensus is that its definitely worth getting a lawyer.. seeing as thats what every person has said. because its a good idea. so yeah. i would definitely NOT just "say fuck it," unless you WANT to get fucked.

Originally posted by ..fuD..

i think the consensus is that its definitely worth getting a lawyer.. seeing as thats what every person has said. because its a good idea. so yeah. i would definitely NOT just "say fuck it," unless you WANT to get fucked.

its if u can afford one but they can get it droped and of record i had a lawyer at the time because of a felony possesion

Archived