So i got a speeding ticket today...

Some1

So i get a ticket cause i was tired coming home from work this afternoon not paying attention to how fast i was going and i see a cop wave me down and i go what the fuck look down i am going over 55 in a 30... he comes up and goes man you were flying do you know how fast you were going i say sir i wasnt even paying attention i just pulled out of work i am so sorry blah blah blah...

he says he clocked me at 59 and 57...

anyways to my question

he says that if i pay the ticket he has heard "that i wont get points on my license" but if i fight it ill most likely get it reduced.

is there any truth to this not getting points on my license i am getting mixed answers and i dont know who to believe...

201$ wont be paid if i still get ponts on my license i need an answer...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Ginger Bread Man

from the king of speeding tickets most in excess of 100mph go to court. see what the judge tells you. you can contest it and loose or plead guilty and request traffic school. if you pay the citation you WILL get points. the only way to avoid that is if the judge is super cool and considers u have no priors or if you do driving school. bottom line is you are paying for both the citation and the school. or just the citation and points...your choice. i have 2 pending right now one for 105 in a 70 zone

if you contest it, the officer who gave u the ticket has to show up to the court. there is a chance that the officer won't find it worthy of his time to go to court and bring proof (the actual reading on the speed gun he used) to prove that you were indeed speeding. or he can just come and prove you wrong, and you'll still get a ticket. there are a lot of things in which radar guns are faulty (as in sinusoidal waves which the radar gun produces are only accurate to some measure distance away, in accordance to the weather, etc).

my friend actually has gotten all of his tickets dropped by writing in a essay contesting the ticket, and actually winning. i don't know how that works exactly, but it's worth looking into.

if i were you, i'd pay the ticket, and go to traffic school and hope for the next 18 months you don't get pulled over again.

Originally posted by Broke Pimp@Aug 2 2005, 04:05 PM

Do not pay that shit. you are going to get points.

Go to court and ask if you can get the ticket reduced... all they care about is getting money so be ready to pay either way.

thats true, why the fuck do you have to pay for going a amount of speed....and where does this money go to i would like to know.

Guest kasmoney

fight the ticket..it may take two court dates and the amount of the ticket but you will not get points..first court date bring couple extra bucks incase you dont win to set up an appeal..second date tell them you wanna plea and just not get the points

Well firstly you request a supporting deposition, if you dont get one. You walk away free.

Secondly, you're gonna get points regardless if you pay it or not. Plead not guilty and go to the court. The cop (if he shows up) will find you and tell you ok im willing to blah blah blah. Listen to what he says try to get it to a non-moving violation like seatbelt or shit like that. Maybe even faulty speedometer(but i think that may be 1 point).

BOTTOM LINE

if you just pay the ticket you get the mandatory number of points and that depends on how many you get per how fast you were goin gover the limit. OR you can go to court, youll talk to the prosecutor, and hell reduce your points or take away all the points but you will pay a heavier fine.

been there done that