Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

So I Got A New Job

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by SilentBob, Feb 22, 2006.

1. SilentBob

SilentBob Member

Had a trial day today as a teachers aide for a school for autistic children. They gave me a couple more shifts. It was pretty chill compared to the last trial day I went to. Today there was only a little urine involved.

Discuss.

2. Jackson

Jackson Veteran Member

You are a hero.
    Pat yourself on the back man.

3. swedish erotica

swedish erotica Banned

i think i might be a teacher when i "grow up"

4. I was once put in charge of a group of kids, and I wasn't told one of them was autistic. That was a hell of an experience.

5. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

i will be a teacher in less than a year. believe it or not. its fact.

edit: high school english

6. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

no one in their right ming would put me in charge of children.

<no chester>

7. isor357

isor357 Senior Member

ill be a teacher in a year and a half.
    highschool history

8. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

I could never be a highschool teacher. I don't think I could focus. Half my time would be spent thinking how I want to punch some herb that thinks he is funny, and the other half staring at some hot young tits.

9. Gunm

Gunm Banned

aren't those kids psychic or can multiply insane numbers in their heads?

10. thecarwreck

thecarwreck Senior Member

Respect to "special ed" teachers... that shit is gnarly. Too many bodily fluids flying around.

Dealing with "normal" college freshmen is a fucking trial for me... I can't imagine if I had to factor autism into the picture. Goddamn.

PS: Teaching high school sucks. Besides the incredibly restrictive "course outlines" you're issued, the total lack of financial bargaining power (in the first 2-5 years at least), and dealing with little fucks you just know feel the same way you did in high school, public schools will dick over young teachers faster than anything just to "help the budget."

11. AlwaysBombin

AlwaysBombin Senior Member

I couldn't ever in a million years even dream of teaching, especially not highschool...if I ever had a student like I was I'd definately catch a case

Teachin college doesn't seem too bad though, I mean the kids are payin to be there, so if they don't wanna learn fuck em

12. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

Silent Bob--
    Congratulations, that sounds very cool. If you haven't already, I reccomend checking out this book-- it's very interesting, and a quick read. The author used to work with autistic kids, and the story is told from the perspective of a 15 year old with autism. I think that it really offers a good window into the autistic mind.

13. krs702

krs702 Senior Member

how did today go ?

14. grc

grc Member

:haha:
    so true

15. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

i worked with some autistic and developementaly delayed youths. it was awesome for the most part, but a lot of work. Tons of time in the time out room restraining students when they were in OUTBURST MODE...

highlights included:

the old did you take your meds mouth checks.
    the avoiding of Autistic sally... a young girl who had a constant open sore on her forehead and when she was mad shed sneak a finger full of bloody puss on your face. which thank god i was always fast enough to avoid.
    public feild trips... holy shit i could tell you stories for days... try restraining a child in public whos smart enough to scream< "help im being kidnapped these are my parents". Joe Citizen had no idea what to do...
    I also worked with one student that had to be handled by the police; when they arrived or when HE arrived he was not preppared to handle the situation and ended up on his back cuffed by my student, who later that year called th epolice from home to let them know if they came to her house (be clear they werent planing on going to here house, she jsut wanted to elt them know what would happen if they did come) she would shoot them.

special ed:
    the sad fact is its almost a thankless job, so you have to love it, need the money or both.
    There will always be work in this feild... so if you can handle it and have the paitients you always have it to fall back on.