So I Bought a Cell Phone At The Flea Market

Gunm

I bought a a cellie at the flea market the other day. It's one that just needs you to slap in your sim card and you're good to go. Okay, did that.

Now i get a prompt on the screen to enter a restriction code...wtf? What the hell is this all about? How can i get around this? Is there somewhere i can go to get the restriction code reset so i can use the damn thing or is it destined for use as a paperweight?

:(

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

im not surprised it doesnt work...a flea market is the best place to get rid of a fucked phone.

dont buy important stuff (phones, tv's etc) from the less reputible places.

Tough luck lens same shit happened to me too. I was at a flea market, saw a phone i liked and i bought it. I asked the motherfucker if the shit was going to work he said yes.(yeah like the little shit was going to say no) I get home the same shit happens, enter a restriction code. It wasnt much money but like sneak said its best not to buy important shit from flea markets and shady places like that.

you need to get it unlocked from its network. there might be some sites that show you how to do it, and retailer will chare you a few hundred to do it, look and ask around in china town, theres always a dodgy store that will do it for 30 bucks.

or if your in london, old street station has a vendor that will do it for 10 squid. or in rome, i know this iraqi guy who will do it for 20 euros.

Ahh, leave it to Rage and Onesecondple to correct people on their grammer! You guys rock because that really gets on my nerves...way too many people just did not pay enough attention in school.l lol.

My mother in law gave my husband her old phone but had forgotten she had reported it lost and then found it...so anyways we had to get her to contact Sprint to say that she hadn't lost it so they could unlock it.....good luck though. If all else fails, sell it on Ebay.

• 6 years later...

hi

friend

don't worry i am here to explain you

you told that its asking for restriction code

its nothing but your phone get locked to a particular network

you can clear it using

software,codes

the best solution is that you can use codes to unlock it

you can use this site

http://www.unlocking4u.com/supported-phones/rs6wp7/

here you can select the phone model the country you reside and the network to which your phone is locked

after that they provide you some codes

once you entered the codes on your phone

you phone get unlocked ok.

• Like 3