Snowboarding?

Fugazi

I've just started snowboarding recently, and am kinda late on the scene, my friends have been going for years. I was just wondering what some of the better brands of snowboards are? I know Burton and whatever are well known; but are they the best? I don't know if I'll even buy a board anytime soon, but I was just want to know what's out there. Have any writers designed snowboards? I know a few have done skateboards...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

stash from NYC designed a snowboard for burton called the 'custom stash'.

maybe you east coast heads have heard of him, i haven't.

as far as burton being the best, they're basically the brand that everyone uses as a benchmark. good boards, definitely a little too expensive though. but it's not really about having the best board, anyways. you need one that suits the riding you want to do.

ride an option :crazy:

Originally posted by rubbish heap

stash from NYC designed a snowboard for burton called the 'custom stash'.

maybe you east coast heads have heard of him, i haven't.

as far as burton being the best, they're basically the brand that everyone uses as a benchmark. good boards, definitely a little too expensive though. but it's not really about having the best board, anyways. you need one that suits the riding you want to do.

ride an option :crazy:

Yeah I know it's not about having the best board, I just don't want to be out there on a shit pile. It's equally stupid to have a great board and suck ass I suppose though. I'm just looking for some feedback... I was hoping maybe Giant or someone had designed a board...

www.cheapsnowbaords.com

i got my board,boots, and clip in bindings all for 200bucks....just get a snowboard from there...u dont need to spend $400 on a board if u suck....i just started out 2 years ago..i go once every winter...and im doin pretty good just ridin the trails...didnt try any jumps yet....not too hip about it after i separated my shoulder fallin of my snowboard...but the time will come

It totally depends what you plan on riding, and where you plan on riding it. I'd suggest Option, Burton, GNU, Capita, Forum (only this years and last years boards...pre-2001/02 season they had a really shitty factory), Elevation, Endeavor, or Sims. I'm sure I'm forgetting alot of quality brands, but thats off the top of my head. Answer what I was talking about at first before you have anyone start suggesting boards.

Originally posted by CAPiTA

It totally depends what you plan on riding, and where you plan on riding it. I'd suggest Option, Burton, GNU, Capita, Forum (only this years and last years boards...pre-2001/02 season they had a really shitty factory), Elevation, Endeavor, or Sims. I'm sure I'm forgetting alot of quality brands, but thats off the top of my head. Answer what I was talking about at first before you have anyone start suggesting boards.

m3 also.

boots is most important than almost anything,

if your feet are comfortable, it will make any trip 100 time better.

even if its shitty east coast, rainy, icy dirt patch stee...

Guest HESHIANDET

2/3 of the boards you listed are all made in the same factory and they are all cookie cutter garbage... step away from the magazine and the videos. all hype

next time im over the eastern side of aus, im gonna buy myself some of them snow pants, it doesnt snow my side of australia, but they are fuckin stylish lookin i tells ya

• 4 weeks later...

woah dude catch a mad jib on this wild powder browdey. gnarly!

me and my team always talk like that when we're on the mountain. people look at us like we're total idiots.

i use to have a Morrow Spoon from like '94. i had it for ever. then i got a nice Liquid Twin and last year i threw some Burton Freestyle bindings on it.

i gotta blast a mad dookie...