1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Snowboarding?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Fugazi, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Fugazi

Fugazi 12oz Senior Member

Snowboarding?

Discussion started by Fugazi - Jan 15, 2004

I've just started snowboarding recently, and am kinda late on the scene, my friends have been going for years. I was just wondering what some of the better brands of snowboards are? I know Burton and whatever are well known; but are they the best? I don't know if I'll even buy a board anytime soon, but I was just want to know what's out there. Have any writers designed snowboards? I know a few have done skateboards...

Fugazi - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. rubbish heap

rubbish heap 12oz Senior Member

rubbish heap - Replied Jan 15, 2004

stash from NYC designed a snowboard for burton called the 'custom stash'.

maybe you east coast heads have heard of him, i haven't.

as far as burton being the best, they're basically the brand that everyone uses as a benchmark. good boards, definitely a little too expensive though. but it's not really about having the best board, anyways. you need one that suits the riding you want to do.

ride an option :crazy:

rubbish heap - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. Fugazi

Fugazi - Replied Jan 15, 2004

Yeah I know it's not about having the best board, I just don't want to be out there on a shit pile. It's equally stupid to have a great board and suck ass I suppose though. I'm just looking for some feedback... I was hoping maybe Giant or someone had designed a board...

4. 7126

7126 Guest

7126 - Replied Jan 15, 2004

www.cheapsnowbaords.com

i got my board,boots, and clip in bindings all for 200bucks....just get a snowboard from there...u dont need to spend $400 on a board if u suck....i just started out 2 years ago..i go once every winter...and im doin pretty good just ridin the trails...didnt try any jumps yet....not too hip about it after i separated my shoulder fallin of my snowboard...but the time will come

5. 7126

7126 Guest

7126 - Replied Jan 15, 2004

6. CAPiTA

CAPiTA 12oz Member

CAPiTA - Replied Jan 15, 2004

It totally depends what you plan on riding, and where you plan on riding it. I'd suggest Option, Burton, GNU, Capita, Forum (only this years and last years boards...pre-2001/02 season they had a really shitty factory), Elevation, Endeavor, or Sims. I'm sure I'm forgetting alot of quality brands, but thats off the top of my head. Answer what I was talking about at first before you have anyone start suggesting boards.

CAPiTA - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. Manifesto

Manifesto 12oz Junior Member

Manifesto - Replied Jan 16, 2004

m3 also.

boots is most important than almost anything,
    if your feet are comfortable, it will make any trip 100 time better.
    even if its shitty east coast, rainy, icy dirt patch stee...

Manifesto - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  8. krie

krie Guest

krie - Replied Jan 16, 2004

i want to get my hands on some snow boarding pants
    they look very stylin

9. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

HESHIANDET - Replied Jan 16, 2004

2/3 of the boards you listed are all made in the same factory and they are all cookie cutter garbage... step away from the magazine and the videos. all hype

10. rubbish heap

rubbish heap 12oz Senior Member

rubbish heap - Replied Jan 16, 2004

i'm still pushing options. i don't even ride one.

demoed a few earlier this season and i was stoked on everyone i demoed. also demoed some a few seasons ago and was stoked, then.

but yeah, boots are most important. buy what fits.

rubbish heap - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

suburbian bum - Replied Jan 16, 2004

Hmm i got my setup from www.thehouse.com for pretty cheap, its a Sims. What can I say equipment doesnt matter that much as long as it doesnt hurt you and your snoboard doesnt weigh 2000 pounds or isnt as hard as a rock. My snowboard rides, and its somewhat flexible. What more could a man want?

suburbian bum - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  12. krie

krie Guest

krie - Replied Jan 16, 2004

next time im over the eastern side of aus, im gonna buy myself some of them snow pants, it doesnt snow my side of australia, but they are fuckin stylish lookin i tells ya ​

13. dosoner

dosoner 12oz Elite Member

dosoner - Replied Jan 16, 2004

Winterstick! please belive ill never ride anything eles. IMO burtons are overpriced and shitty.

dosoner - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. Fugazi

Fugazi - Replied Jan 16, 2004

Thanks for the feedback everyone. So it sounds like boots are of prime importance, followed by board? I'll look into boots first... and then board. Sounds like people like Option boards... time to do some research...

15. enueone

enueone 12oz Member

enueone - Replied Jan 16, 2004

i still have a Type A board from like 98...i haven't ridden much the past couple seasons tho..not too psyched on east coast ice

enueone - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: