Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

snowboarding.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by iloveboxcars, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Doodle

Doodle Senior Member

Finally going today! can't wait to get on the hills!!

2. KILZ FILLZ

KILZ FILLZ Moderator Crew

art of flight on bluray ftw

3. Boodah

Boodah Dirty Dozen Crew

Tahoe has shit for snow this year. 30 inches and it's already January. I hope to get up there soon, though.

4. Rolf Harris

Rolf Harris Senior Member

i'm gonna need to have a go at this snowboarding caper...

a lot of my friends are right into it and are always trying to get me to go...

this thread has me persuaded...

5. KILZ FILLZ

Drinking on the lift/blazing in the trees.

I say give it a go.

For the cost to rent everything you need for a weekend, you're better off just buying gear and selling it if you decide snowboarding isn't for you. It may be different other places, but here rentals are really over priced.

6. Rolf Harris

Rolf Harris Senior Member

aye man, my mates are saying that they can get me deals on rentals, and that they'll probably hae gear i could use...

we get pretty long seasons here. last year there was still snow til the end o' june on some slopes...

the runs are short though, that's the only complaint i hear from boys...

7. KILZ FILLZ

Wow that would be nice. We barely had a season at all here. There was barely any snow this year. They're saying possible drought because of it.

My advice would be- don't bother with the bunny slope. Just go to the top and learn on your way down. And don't let the first trip or two scare you away. You're going to be falling a lot and really sore.

8. KILZ FILLZ

Wow that would be nice. We barely had a season at all here. There was barely any snow this year. They're saying possible drought because of it.

My advice would be- don't bother with the bunny slope. Just go to the top and learn on your way down. And don't let the first trip or two scare you away. You're going to be falling a lot and really sore.

9. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

Its crappy just about everywhere this year.
    Jan 2011 vs Jan 2012
    [​IMG]

I want to get a few more days in without it only being ice in the am and slush in the afternoon.

10. Doodle

Doodle Senior Member

just watched art of flight freaking amazing!
    also i have been planning to buy a new board for a while now, do you guys have any suggestions? i don't really want to spend too much money, you guys have any suggestions of the brand or if there are places online to get them for cheaper?

11. metronome

metronome Veteran Member

You can look for last years boards or ebay for a better deal.

I ride a rome and its great.
    Rome Agent is a great all around snowboard.

12. Doodle

Doodle Senior Member

thanks, im looking around.
    I got an awesome deal from my university, me and some of my friends are going to Vermont for 3 days, we get the bus ride there,a room, breakfast, and left tickets for 300$!!
    Anyone ever been to smugglers notch?

13. Drue_Down

Drue_Down 12oz Loyalist

Joined: Jan 10, 2005 Messages: 11,210 Likes Received: 1,168
    Are you sure you bought the 'right' ticket?

[​IMG]

Doodle likes this.
  14. Cool_Hand

Cool_Hand Elite Member

15. Doodle

Doodle Senior Member

ha....ha, props for the gif but you know what i meant!

anyways today i had some problems with either my bindings or board :S
    my front foot binding was loose and moving around so i went and tightened it, and as soon as i went down again it was loose again....is it the screws? or the holes in my board or something with the bindings :S anyone ever have this problem?