snowboarding.

iloveboxcars

snowboarding thread. there was one before but i searched and found nada so i assume it got cut in that big deletion awhile back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE8n0U1Ohrw&feature=player_embedded

will be in bear valley (california) for the most part this season but planning to take a couple trips to colorado.

i will post my setup in a bit, gotta go handle some not for channel zero stuff. <3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Ohio and have to deal with riding in the Valley not on mountains. Shit blows fat turds. But I get out to Holiday Valley once or twice a season.

I've been riding a Rome for the past three seasons, it's pretty nice but the burton freestyle bindings are getting a little on the crusty side.

Hopefully will be moving somewhere with mountains in close proximity in the next month or two. Will definitely be taking a trip out to utah for 5 days worth of riding regardless though. If i don't move towards somewhere with mountains, i'll probably take a trip out to Colorado too, since i refuse to ride in the midwest anymore.

My setup for the past 5 years:

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

I'm sitting around drinking Bud pounders, just got done watching the new Neverland video (Absynth) for the first time and miss Colorado.

Good film.

Any NYC heads there's a party at Tribeca Cinemas on Thurs for the release of the new Burton Film.

Show starts at 8, line probably starts at 7

Fuck the east coast lift lines and shitty little hills, havn't rode for 4 years now.

I've skiied for 14 years. Used to work at a ski shop here in the east bay for most of my highschool career as well.

Havent skiied much in recent years. It was an expensive fucking sport even when I worked at a shop and got rides up every weekend— and the occasional day trip. Still havent broken my public enemy's from 05. Never buy a new ski till the old ones go CRAAAAACK.

My hiatus from Tahoe led me to cycling. Which led me to motorcycling. Fuck a 2.5 hour drive through blizzards and shit traffic.

1447.Image.1.jpg

i enjoy riding when i can

i ride purgatory about once a year..limited runs but isnt too bad..want to possibly ride steamboat this year though.

Steamboat is awesome. I recommend it. Try to go during a non busy time of the year though or you'll have shitty waits for lifts. Go late jan or into february and you'll miss all the people taking advantage of school breaks. If you're decent to good, go off trail as much as you can. You can find tons of awesome tree runs without having to go too far off trail or backcountry. Plenty of hectic shit, but also plenty of reasonably spaced out trees that even a mid level rider can enjoy as long as you know how to deal with powder and your speed in said powder.

To be fair though, having grown up in the midwest and only getting to ride 5 to 10 days a year, i can't complain too much about any mountain as long as it has snow. Its been 3 or 4 years since i've had any real luck with fresh powder though, which is starting to frustrate me. Hopefully this year i get like a foot of snow every night when i'm out in utah. I'd cry with joy, and proceed to throw myself down all the epic shit thats not nearly as fun to do when its been tracked for days/weeks, packed down, or iced up.

Also, for anyone who goes out to Utah at all, i recommend checking out Brighton. Its more of a local mountain, so it doesn't attract as much traffic as a lot of the big name places out there. Its a great first or last day spot, and even though its smaller and has less vertical than a lot of the bigger resorts out there, theres still a whole shit ton of amazing runs and off trail areas. A lot of runs where you can cut through trees for a good while, hop out onto a trail, then jump back into trees and repeat, finding different lines every time and getting a lot of shit that hasn't been tracked since it isn't backcountry. Good way to try to find some untracked powder when there hasn't been a big dump in a week or two.

Fuck Ski's, you'll end up doing the splits eventually and loose your balls in the snow.

Fuck snowboarding. Half way down the hill you and your friends will figure its time to smoke another bowl and set up shop right in the middle of the fucking slope. I wish snowboarders were like tetris and soon as they sit down and form "the wall"... BOOP BOOP!

Fuck snowboarding. Half way down the hill you and your friends will figure its time to smoke another bowl and set up shop right in the middle of the fucking slope. I wish snowboarders were like tetris and soon as they sit down and form "the wall"... BOOP BOOP!

Thats generally just the park rats and there are just as many skiers who stop in idiotic places. they just don't have the convenience of being able to sit down easily.

buying my pass next week. I wish i was still a bum, then i could move to the mountain and work for min wage but not care because i can hitchhike to the mountain everyday - even catch sessions before or after work, fuck it i could work at the mountain and shred on my lunch break...

sigh

oh yeah, bought these end of last season and am stoked to finally put some milage on them

burton-ion-s.jpg

someone buy me a set up... i know someone on here is rich. i miss this shit. grew out of my board when i was like 18.. well it was small then. <br />

sold it.

Go to your local swap meet. Around here there's so many rich folk who want the latest gear they hold a convention two days every year to sell their last years shit. You'll get a setup for next to nothing.