SNOW! What Am I To Do?

Guest ctrl+alt+del

Guest ctrl+alt+del

Woke up this morning, ground was bare. Went to school, everything was fine. Went to the gym to give blood. Almost passed out (somethings wrong with him, we can rebuild him, we have the tools), emerged from the gym 2 hours later to see snow everywhere. 4 inches in an hour, and it keeps coming down. Painting in snow is impossible. Does anyone here even try, and if it not, what do you do in the ""offseason""?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Shuuuuuuh, you haven't even experienced cold/snow till you've lived in Alberta, Canada. We've adapted so that we can paint. Fuck, dude, it's like up to your knees outside, about -30 with a wind chill, and me and my boys wander around painting shit like it's nobodies business. Did it last weekend, and will do it again this weekend. Man, you don't even know what cold is.

But seriously, why is it so hard to paint in snow? It doesn't stick to walls? Usually when it's TOO cold, like -50 (oh, and it happens), stay inside with a fire, and do something creative. Use your imagination.

If its snowing hard, you can bomb hard.. If its not snowing super hard or at all, then paint walls, it shouldn't be TOO big a deal. Heck, when I started painting it was during a winter and it made me stronger. - like dude said adapt to it, take advantage of it with bombing, or just do canvases and drawing indoors

I never even gave it a second thought. Like other people said it is actually easier. I especially like it when it raings. "Oh those foggy windows what could he be doing out there?, better keep my eyes on the road." This is how I picture some stereotypical person driving at 2 in the morning while I'm doing my thing. That's probably not funny but take advantage.

Guest wakassOATH
Originally posted by Vanity

be careful at freight spots. footprints can give you away

ive always woundered what you freight writers do about that.. some one inlighten me

in the winter up here in canada.. ill go to a abandoned building ..start a small fire and paint a piece and take breaks and warm up.. and a thermos of hot coco :) or coffee

Fuck that! Bombing in the snow is fun as shit. Just don't paint freights like Chozer explained. I remember it was like 3 days after X-Mas and I was in the the capital of our state. It started to snow really fucking hard...No cars on the street, no people on the sidewalks. It was prime, and I made use of it.

Originally posted by wakassOATH

in the winter up here in canada.. ill go to a abandoned building ..start a small fire and paint a piece and take breaks and warm up.. and a thermos of hot coco :) or coffee

Huh!? They must be no one around for miles. How does no one notice a fire in the snow?

Fuck it, I paint in ice storms here in Vermont. Now that's a bitch, believe me! Just get yourself some of those handwarmers you can find at outdoor/hiking/ski shops and you're all set. Keep some with your cans and some in a pair of gloves or pockets. Mmmm toasty. The only thing that sucks about snow is that the freights can get condensation, and when you go to paint it's like fucking drip city. Shit sucks...Have fun.

hey i feel you man!snow painting is a bitch!when i was living in alaska your hands would freeze and you lost your grip on the cans.you have to go early or when the sun is shining to do good freights.some times i bring a towel or a t-shirt to wipe down the side of the freight before i paint it. try it just a thought.good luck!

The best thing todo in the winter is go out and bomb the shit out of every thing the cold is the best it wakes u up. cans normally don't work in cold weather by try or go out with madd shoe polish or MAKE STUFF thats the best homemade inks,markes, and MOPS!!!! so to answer your queston IDK...:D

Guest SoCiEtY HaTeS Me

haha..i have fond memories of painting in snow...you can be outside at practicaly 8 pm..and its snowing hard..and you can stop anywhere and do fillins..because theres no cars around...i love hitting trucks...its not as scary or as much as a rush as hitting up walls...but its way better when your chilling with your boys..and you see a line of trucks passing by with your fillins..and trucks take paint like nothing..with 1 can u can wreck a whole bunch of them...anyways its easier to get into placed where they keep trucks during the snow...and easier to hit up walls...

for the cold...man you have to be prepared...i oftenly rock sweats under my regular jeans....so i can go racking too and also have some heat...keep a hoody and put over either spyder jacket or bubble jacket and fill it up with paint inside...

Guest imported_b0b

I've painted in extreme cold before and find the biggest problem is keeping the paint warm, to keep the pressure ok. You can stick your outline can down your pants, so your body temperature warms it up, or as I do use a six-pack chiller to carry your cans around in. Before you go out, put the cans on the radiator for a while, then stick them in the chiller. WHen you go to paint, you have warm cans with good pressure.

Archived