Snobby writers or Lurkin sketchballs!

eatacan

So i'm trying to figure out why it is no matter what scene a writer retreats to(and he's not a big name) unknown if you will, why is it motherfuckewrs keep quiet... nobody talk to the new kid...are we all clicky high school cheerleaders, or just too skecthed out to hand newbies our names and rock with fresh meat???!!!

this shit bothers me being a writer who started out away from home had a hard time meeting cats and now has the same problem now even having decently acclaimed friends, but cant talk to cats even where hes from originally........

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I SO AGREE WITH IQUIT HERE.....EVEN THOUGH THIS THREAD FEELS LIKE ITS IN THE WRONG PLACE...

LIKE IT OR NOT EVEN THOUGH ITS GRAFFITTI... ITS ALSO REAL LIFE PEOPLE HAVE RESPONSABILYIES...

THATS WHY MY LIFE MOTTO IS..."PEOPLE WILL BE PEOPLE AND THATS ALL THEY CAN BE"

APPLY

MMMMMMMMMMMM 10 BUCKS ALL YOU CAN DRINK.....VIVA LA WISCONSIN

Most of us are criminals. Sorry if people arent all outgoing and looking to chat it up with you just because you might also enjoy defacing things. If I dont know you, or you arent a friend of a friend who can vouch for you, chances are I'm probably not going to ever paint with you or talk to you about anything in detail.

Pay your dues and play the game right and someone will take notice that your at least attempting to learn, after awhile and you could end up with a mentor or some shit right there.

i didn't get into graffiti to make friends.

i also don't need friends who are all about graffiti.

as an artform that is illegal and anonymous, how can you actually be surprised that people in it are anti-social?

who cares anyway?

if you get really good, people will be all over you and trying to ride the nuts

then you can complain about that.

i have found for the most part the writers i meet are more personable

than i would expect considering the illegal nature of our pursuits.

i have only had one kid refuse to give me his name when prompted,

i guess i startled him. otherwise i had been writing only a coupla months

with a small group of kids at home, i went away to school and almost immediately

found a veteran writer down at school who made me welcome to paint with him.

so i think it is all about how you carry yourself and your first impression.

edit: i guess it also hasta do with the availability of other writers too.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden@Jun 30 2005, 01:46 PM

Most of us are criminals. Sorry if people arent all outgoing and looking to chat it up with you just because you might also enjoy defacing things. If I dont know you, or you arent a friend of a friend who can vouch for you, chances are I'm probably not going to ever paint with you or talk to you about anything in detail.

Pay your dues and play the game right and someone will take notice that your at least attempting to learn, after awhile and you could end up with a mentor or some shit right there.

pffft or you could be in the same crew and still rarely talk. :rolleyes:

alot of the cats i knew in highschool, who had sketching skills, some even better than i claimed they wrote in the streets, the truth is 10% of those cats who sketch have never been anywhere near a can of paint, and after highschool is over they play it off like it was a "hobby" at the time" punk azz marksters...

yeah, in my experience, friendships with other writers are superficial at best...unless y'all kick with each other for other reasons unrelated to garffiti..or until y'all do some real dirt together..but, at the same time, I've met some of my closest friends through graffiti..so

Originally posted by dubsface@Jun 30 2005, 03:25 PM

Ive had this conversation with some of you before but:

Writers are either

a) anti social freaks

b) asexual weirdos

c) thugs who say things like "free oval" on graf dvds

or

d) the .1% who is none of the above.

I'X BE THE ONE PERCENT HOORAY FO MEEEE'Z

ive never had a problem finding cool people to be down with. even when my graff sucked goat balls, i still had dope people willing to fuck with me.

you must be on mega herbatron status or something.

maybe you could try a eharmony.com, i hear they're real good at matching people up with likeminded folk.

nevermind

never really had close graff friends

they were more like business partners, then i had the group of innocent kids i hung out with

but then again, im a mark and dont write anymore, so what do i know

anyways, yeah, shit was totally seperated for me, never really cared for being close with other writers...

just more ppl to rat u out to others, hate on u and cause problems to ur non writing life

not needed

i dont really hang out with graff heads..

i agree with tough love..the friends that i do have that do graff are like business partners..

i also agree with tyler durden...

its an illega activity... what do you expect?

any writer who is putting in a decent amount of work and has any sense would be a good bit anti-social about graff.