Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Snobby writers or Lurkin sketchballs!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by eatacan, Jun 30, 2005.

1. eatacan

eatacan New Jack

So i'm trying to figure out why it is no matter what scene a writer retreats to(and he's not a big name) unknown if you will, why is it motherfuckewrs keep quiet... nobody talk to the new kid...are we all clicky high school cheerleaders, or just too skecthed out to hand newbies our names and rock with fresh meat???!!!

this shit bothers me being a writer who started out away from home had a hard time meeting cats and now has the same problem now even having decently acclaimed friends, but cant talk to cats even where hes from originally........

2. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

think about it from the other writers perspective.

you might be ok, but 99% of writers are morons.

last thing any real writer needs is one more punk that could rat on him.

if graffiti was easy it wouldn't be fun. that includes the social shit as well.

3. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

Lets be sensible Iquit...About 95%

4. Gunm

Gunm Banned

hmm.....is this prison slang or something?

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

no, i'd say 99% is more accurate.

6. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

agree to disagree

7. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

have a little faith in humanity

8. MOOGLE?

MOOGLE? 12oz Loyalist

I SO AGREE WITH IQUIT HERE.....EVEN THOUGH THIS THREAD FEELS LIKE ITS IN THE WRONG PLACE...

LIKE IT OR NOT EVEN THOUGH ITS GRAFFITTI... ITS ALSO REAL LIFE PEOPLE HAVE RESPONSABILYIES...

THATS WHY MY LIFE MOTTO IS..."PEOPLE WILL BE PEOPLE AND THATS ALL THEY CAN BE"

APPLY

MMMMMMMMMMMM 10 BUCKS ALL YOU CAN DRINK.....VIVA LA WISCONSIN

9. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

fuck writers. kill em all god

10. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

Amen

11. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

graffiti? i thought this was a novelists forum????

12. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

Most of us are criminals. Sorry if people arent all outgoing and looking to chat it up with you just because you might also enjoy defacing things. If I dont know you, or you arent a friend of a friend who can vouch for you, chances are I'm probably not going to ever paint with you or talk to you about anything in detail.

Pay your dues and play the game right and someone will take notice that your at least attempting to learn, after awhile and you could end up with a mentor or some shit right there.

13. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

i didn't get into graffiti to make friends.

i also don't need friends who are all about graffiti.

as an artform that is illegal and anonymous, how can you actually be surprised that people in it are anti-social?

who cares anyway?
    if you get really good, people will be all over you and trying to ride the nuts
    then you can complain about that.

14. oh so modern

oh so modern Member

i have found for the most part the writers i meet are more personable
    than i would expect considering the illegal nature of our pursuits.
    i have only had one kid refuse to give me his name when prompted,
    i guess i startled him. otherwise i had been writing only a coupla months
    with a small group of kids at home, i went away to school and almost immediately
    found a veteran writer down at school who made me welcome to paint with him.
    so i think it is all about how you carry yourself and your first impression.

edit: i guess it also hasta do with the availability of other writers too.

15. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

pffft or you could be in the same crew and still rarely talk. :rolleyes: