Sneakerfreak.org

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Misteraven+Oct 19 2004, 06:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Misteraven - Oct 19 2004, 06:35 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Cobraz@Oct 18 2004, 02:37 PM

Raven you seem to be a sneaker head you got any pics of your stuff

i'm not really a big collector, despite having a ton of shoes. I actually wear all mine rather than leave them stacked in boxes in the closet.

[/b]

I'm really happy to hear this...keeping shoes in boxes is the stupidiest concepts i've ever heard of...

on a sidenote, how you guys feel about the whole fixation with certain shoes? i mean, i like shoes very much and have a decent collection for a non collector but i never buy the same shoe twice(reebok classics aside just cause they're dirtcheap and really comfy to me)...each time i try to buy something different and as time passes by i tend to like different colors and shit so each pair i get reflects my current taste...why buying the same stuff in diferrent colors beats me...elaborate

i like kicks alot...but sneaker heads tend to be obsessive compulsive about it...it's definitely an addiction...

i dunno..as a kid growing up on a skateboard, i used to be mad particular about the shoes i'd skate in...so i'd end up owning like 10 pairs of half cabs...or like whatever shoe was good...this kinda stayed with me even after skateboarding...cuz with sneakers...there's alot of ugly ones out there...so when you find shit you like i see why heads stick with like..dunks, or air max's or whatever...

but i think it's funny when heads get all pretentious about kicks, or gear in general...having a dope shoe collection is fresh and all but damn...they're only shoes...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Tesseract+Oct 20 2004, 09:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tesseract - Oct 20 2004, 09:02 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Misteraven@Oct 19 2004, 06:35 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Cobraz@Oct 18 2004, 02:37 PM

Raven you seem to be a sneaker head you got any pics of your stuff

i'm not really a big collector, despite having a ton of shoes. I actually wear all mine rather than leave them stacked in boxes in the closet.

I'm really happy to hear this...keeping shoes in boxes is the stupidiest concepts i've ever heard of...

on a sidenote, how you guys feel about the whole fixation with certain shoes? i mean, i like shoes very much and have a decent collection for a non collector but i never buy the same shoe twice(reebok classics aside just cause they're dirtcheap and really comfy to me)...each time i try to buy something different and as time passes by i tend to like different colors and shit so each pair i get reflects my current taste...why buying the same stuff in diferrent colors beats me...elaborate

[/b]

i have like 4 pairs of dunks in different colorways only because i got'em new for like $15-20 each. by know means am i a collector, i just get a bunch of shoes that i like when they are dirt cheap.

Guest imported_b0b

Raven: one of the chaps you met iun the pub in London is a big sneaker head. Infact he scares me as he is so into it. Anyway he is very much a "wear them" type of person, but he has come out on a big night's drinking wearing $500 sneakers before, which is a little worrying as we usually end the night covering in spilled food, spilled ink and spilled beer.