SNEAK ATTACK 2 (FREIGHT VIDEO) REVIEW

johnny

SNEAK ATTACK 2 REVIEW

i just got up from watching the newest version of the sneak attack series.

the video's jam packed with good benching sequences, some dope live painting, a freight hopping mission, an interesting section on old paint and a kick ass interview with some crazy ass hobo all of which is set to some dope beats. this badboy's almost 2hrs long and it didn't get boring at all for me.

i know a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into this thing. i'd give it the two thumbs up.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn yo, nice fuckin work fr8hound. shit came off like Whoa!

I was feeling all the live footage, that shit was nicey. the beats,

the old school paints, the hopping, that shit was all that. definately

a must have. i gotta go bench or something after watching all that.

fr8hound has done it again....

A recent email, from HOPE 4,

watched the video. honest opinion: i think if that was all you did was make videos, you could make a living at it. everything was consistent, and blew the first one out of the water. it looks like you listened to the critiquing everyone was doing, and applied it to the video. a good representation of what you see on your end of the map, people i don't see a whole lot. the beats were a lot nicer too. also something i think everyone will over look is how much editing went into it. making the picture change with the beat, i know that isn't easy. the rail ffotage through the mountains was real nice. i wonder how many hours of tape are of that trip just filming, i did the smae type of thing when i took the amtrak to portland, just taped everything cuz i didn't want to miss anything.the malachi interview was great. that's what i like about graf, i have met several people like that in my journeys, and you can learn more from them than you can a harvard graduate you know. i don't know what else to say...loved the video. you are welcome for the support, and thank you for yours.

peace.

here is what i think of the vid...

THE GOOD: SA2 showcases a large variety of trains. there is tons of footage, tons of trains, and a LOT of pieces. a lot of work went into the video and it shows. great quality. good camera work. good editing. there are different sections to the vid including hopping, collecting old paint (dope), and live painting, that switch the pace up right when you need it. the interview with malachi was a great addition to the vid indeed.

THE BAD: SA2 reminded me of SA1. the videos have the same feel, which is ok, because that is FR8HOUND's style, but SA2 doesn't seem to surpass the first one in terms of overall presentation. i am used to skate videos one-upping each other and trying to be original, getting the viewer hyped to skate, but there isn't that kind of competition going on in graffiti videos. the beats were really good, don't get me wrong, but it kind of made the movie monotonous for nearly 2 hours. i like hip hop, but i need variety in my music. especially in videos. the train pieces were ok, with a few gems here and there, pretty accurate of todays train writers. the hopping section was ok, i liked the music switch, but the footage was kind of sloppy, possibly VHSc, but i dont think it was shot by FR8HOUND.

THE UGLY: there are a few times when the effects (ie 4screen, to 16 screen, etc) kind of get in the way. just my opinion. and there is an kind of echo effect added to some of the voices, which is ok, but it makes malachi harder to understand sometimes.

OVERALL: i may seem overcritical, but that is what i think. the video is DEFINITELY worth the $20!!! its just, if i want to watch a bunch of mediocre pieces roll by and a few dope ones, ill go bench by the tracks. SA2 portrays an accurate depiction of todays freight scene though, writers fault not yours... i'd just like to see more live action, and maybe shorten up the sections a little bit. with some more editing i think this could have been a 45-50 minute video and it would have been really fresh instead of a little too drawn out. oh and i am always more interested in hearing what writers say. more interviews or something. just my opinions...

scale of one to ten: 6.5-7 stars

Originally posted by fatcopone

here is what i think of the vid...

THE GOOD: SA2 showcases a large variety of trains. there is tons of footage, tons of trains, and a LOT of pieces. a lot of work went into the video and it shows. great quality. good camera work. good editing. there are different sections to the vid including hopping, collecting old paint (dope), and live painting, that switch the pace up right when you need it. the interview with malachi was a great addition to the vid indeed.

at least the paint bit gets some love.. :lol:

i see where you're coming from. it is most definitely worth the 20 bucks, this mightbe the longest fr8 video ever made and the hound definitely put a lot into it.

salute!

Knowing how much time, sweat, money, legal battles, dedication, etc... went into the video it's impossible for me to say a bad word about it. Dude seriously put up 3 yrs of his life for this video.

That said, the editing in the second video puts sneak attack one to shame. the majority of the video is benching footage and is 90% unbiased giving you an accurate judgement of who's running the lines in this particular part of n. america. As stated above the video is long especially to those like myself who have been brought up on 30-45 minute skateboard videos. But you can't hate on the fact that Homeboy wants you to get your money's worth and packs as much footage in as possible. Besides, it's a dvd so skipping chapters and sections that you don't want to watch is only a buttons push away. There is more live action in SA2 than the first and it is split up throughout the video for pace change. the paint section is thorough and the malachi section is a must see. the video is without doubt worth 20 bucks.

yo sorc and joewelcome, i wasn't trying to sway anyone from buying the DVD or dis it. it is definitely worth the $!! it is dope, but being a video editor myself i was trying to give some constructive criticism and i think it came out a little negative. i typed a long ass paragraph earlier today explaining, but when i went to post it, i got timed out or somehting. but f* it. you are right, from the angle of unbiased benching of fr8 life, this vid rocks! grab a beer with some friends and enjoy a dope video!

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by Sorc bcj

Knowing how much time, sweat, money, legal battles, dedication, etc... went into the video it's impossible for me to say a bad word about it. Dude seriously put up 3 yrs of his life for this video.

That said, the editing in the second video puts sneak attack one to shame. the majority of the video is benching footage and is 90% unbiased giving you an accurate judgement of who's running the lines in this particular part of n. america. As stated above the video is long especially to those like myself who have been brought up on 30-45 minute skateboard videos. But you can't hate on the fact that Homeboy wants you to get your money's worth and packs as much footage in as possible. Besides, it's a dvd so skipping chapters and sections that you don't want to watch is only a buttons push away. There is more live action in SA2 than the first and it is split up throughout the video for pace change. the paint section is thorough and the malachi section is a must see. the video is without doubt worth 20 bucks.

i haven't seen the video yet, but i know how much time and effort went into it as well. i took several trips to fr8hound's area over the last 3 years, and each time he was working on the movie, benching or editing. im sure the movie is super dope. you get a little piece of the man's heart with each purchase :) sup sorc & soe?

Originally posted by Beast

Very impressive!

You can tell a lot of work went into it.

Loved seeing the part where you were chasing the train in your car and then "caught you motherfuker".

Cop it while you can because it will sell out.

''AHHHHHH yes....those ever elusive SCAR freights..haha..I barely ever see them, and that day, I wasn't letting it get away..