Smif -n-Wessun 'Da Shinnin' appreciation thread

seeking

hip hop is empty now a days.

back in the early/mid 90's you had emcees that you could listen to and just imgaine them sitting in their bedroom with their homeboy listening to redman instrumentals on repeat for an hour writing lyrics. now you have jackasses and suckers. even the cats i honestly like (jay z etc) have a totally different feel to them. smif n wessun, black moon, old organized konfusion, old outkast, redman, old wu, ras kass,...they all had a sort of 'rawness' that is totally lacking now.

this is my nostalgic thread for the day. it's dedicated to heavylox and TEARZ (even though i know he wont see it)

seeks/wreckonize

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I feel you 100% on this shit.

Rap music isnt about music at all anymore. I used to listen to all kinds of shit back in the day but this year... i only picked up 2 rap cds. I like both of them but everything else is pure garbage.

Im kinda hoping that scarface comes out with a new album sometime soon.

Sticky Fingaz is where it's at.

Obie's album was damn good.

We'll see about the new Eminem.

Doom puts out quality hip-hop, fuck what anyone says that shit isn't 'backpack'.

Immortal Tech is non-pretentious think-rap from a hispanic out of Harlem.

Wordsworth still holds it down.

Pete Rock.

Keith Murray's latest efforts have been decent.

Masta Ace's latest album is 130%.

...The fuck do you people mean there's no good hiphop?

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

We'll see about the new Eminem.

apparently there's a teaser on his website. i haven't gone to look though.

Doom puts out quality hip-hop, fuck what anyone says that shit isn't 'backpack'.

you know me, i'm the biggest doom fan around

Immortal Tech is non-pretentious think-rap from a hispanic out of Harlem.

i'm only hearing good things about his album. i definately need to check it out

hell yes.....I have that in my walkman(yes, my WALKMAN-tape)....I like every jont on that album----I was listening to the old Black Moon "Enta Tha Stage" album a little while ago....and Lord Finesses'-"The Awakening"....all of that hip-hop is going to stand the test of time---I enjoyed that era......one thing I can't find is the album by "The Classical Two"-1988.....dope shit.

"I betchu never though i bust lead, suprize im a fortified blunthead just like a dred"..."you cant test the champion sound,you gettin bucked down, reckognize the bootcamp str8 outa bucktown"

and for anyone who has been locked up must hear wontime....that sound was goin threw my head everytime i get pinched..