Smart, quick screen printing question ( or anybody else )

slightly

1. I want/need to print t-shirts

2. I have no money.

I can set up some ghetto press like stuff, and screens, ink, emulsion etc. is cheap enough, but what about drying the ink right? I wouldnt feel right about making shirts if they didnt last more than a few years, longer preferrable. I know i could cure a couple in the oven but i want the runs of my stuff to be bigger than that and that is inefficient.

Is there any type of ink other than plasticol that can cure without a million dollar dryer?

slightly-I need the hot hot heat...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest WebsterUno

"you gotta have dough to make bread"

:cool:

you need one of those oven thingies.

My friend has one for his t-shirt thang thang.

Its pretty small, but it works.

Im sure you could find a small cheapie one.

ok,

1- no money is kind of like, poor. If im going to be selling this stuff im expecting some of it back, so ill make the initial investment, otherwise i wouldnt be doing this.

2- I think a small 'cheapie' one is like 900 bucks. I havent shopped around a shitload, but thats just a number i remember. i could be wrong. Either way im assuming its going to be expensive to run electricity wise. I need to do some homework, i just wondered about the ink possibility.

yuo can use a heatgun too, i made a couple shirts for a muay thai tournament, i screened em ghetto with some EZ MASK instead of an emulsion, and they came out crisp, just cured em with the heat gun and they came out fine, im sure yuo can rack one from (insert craft store with old lady employees here) or an art store of some sort...

Archived