Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

smart drugs?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by casekonly, Aug 29, 2002.

1. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i've been taking ginkgo biloba for about three months now and seem to have good results. just wondering if anyone else has tried this shit or any other nootropics?

2. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

CNN says it doesnt work..doctors say tht there is no known substance in them that do waht they say they do.

3. When

When 12oz Loyalist

placebo? i dunno it might do something.
    ive never heard of any amazing results though.

4. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

I say if its natural and is though to have good effects....what are you missing out on by not taking it...

5. When

When 12oz Loyalist

money in your pocket

6. Stapler

Stapler Guest

Just another sucker buying shit off the SHOPPING CHANNEL............Damm I should sell my nut juice say it is healthy and someone like you would buy it as miracal juice:D ..........Anyway the reason alot of those things SUPPOSEDLY work is the person gets a confidence boost out of it and this then makes them think their life is better in a way ;)

7. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

from www.erowid.org

Ginkgo Biloba
    From Smart Drugs and Nutrients:

GINKGO BILOBA: A Nootropic Herb?
    Ginkgo biloba is the oldest species of tree known, dating back 300 million years. Extracts from the leaves of the ginkgo biloba tree have been used by Chinese medicine for thousands of years. European physicians write over 1.2 million prescriptions per month for it. Ginkgo biloba is used to improve cerebral circulation, mental alertness, and overall brain functioning.

More than 34 human studies on ginkgo have been published since 1975, showing that ginkgo works by increasing blood flow throughout the body and brain. Ginkgo increases the productions of adenosine triphosphate (ATP, the universal energy molecule). It also improves the brain's ability to metabolize glucose, prevents platelet aggregation inside arterial walls by keeping them flexible, improves the transmission of nerve signals, and acts as a powerful antioxidant.

Ginkgo biloba leaf is effective for people with symptoms of reduced blood flow to the brain and extremities. It has been shown to be helpful with many of the complaints of the elderly such as: memory loss, slow thinking and reasoning, depression, dizziness, ringing in the ears, headaches, and senile macular degeneration (a major cause of blindness).

One study even shows significant improvement in people who have both Parkingson's and Alzheimer's disease. In this study 25 people w/ Parkingson's disease and signs of Alzheimer's disease were given ginkgo extract daily for one year. They were tested with standard tests, clinical evaluations, and a new computerized EEG. The scores improved significantly.

CITE: Funfgeld, E.W. "A natural and broad spectrum nootropic substance treatment of SDAT - the gingko biloba extract".
    from Progress in Clinical and Biological Research, 1989, 317 (pp 1247-1260)

One study does not prove that Gingko biloba is efficacious in the treatment of these diseases. However, ginkgo is safe, inexpensive and easily obtained, and people with Parkingsons and/or Alzheimer's might consider experimenting with it.

PRECAUTIONS: No negative effects have been reported in the literature even in very large quantities.

DOSAGE: Most research has been done with a gingko biloba extract which contained a 24% concentration of flavinoid extract. At this strength, the usual dosage is 120-160mg per day taken in three divided doses. However, many gingko products are lower in potency, and may require dosages as high as 1000mg per day. Three to six months is probably needed to evaluate the results.

8. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

well, sucker i may be, but home shopping network patron, no.

look, i've had good results, being able to memorize ten digit numbers after hearing them only once, is one good effect. it's not like an immediate effect, either, it's subtle at first, increasing effects as you take it longer and longer. if you're interested, vitamin e is also a good free-radical killer. i'm not all nature-boy, tree hugger, but i really do think this stuff works. whatever.
    fuck a cnn. ted turner is a bitch.

9. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

erowid is my hero. hope he didn't get busted again.

10. Stapler

Stapler Guest

How much you been paying for that stuff???

11. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Ive been drinking Coca Cola for about 5 years, and ive gotten the same results.

So heres the leason folks.

Drink more Cola!

[​IMG]

12. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i pay about $7.50 per bottle of 100 pills at 120 milligrams per pill. it's suffices. i take two a day. it really helps for studying
    boring computer terminology.

coke is it. whatever "it" is.

13. GEAsusONEnep

GEAsusONEnep Guest

Umm, trust me: none of that herbal shit is making you smarter. Every drug ever created has good effects and bad effects that are, or at least close to, equal. Want a drug that will REALLY make you smarter? Get some adderalls. I don't even go to school but whenever I'm bored at my crib I'll take 30-40 mg and all of a sudden I'll be writing, reading, and basically being more productive intellectually than I've been in all 4 years of high school combined.

14. GEAsusONEnep

GEAsusONEnep Guest

And if you can't get adderall, a bag of white will do the trick. :D

15. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

http://www.necrophagia.com/images/fulci2.jpg'>
    "this is absurd"