Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Slow traffic.

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by nvOne, Apr 28, 2004.

1. nvOne

nvOne Member

i am all over it. trust me.
    and i think i know what the deal is as well.
    thank ye kindly for your insight.

2. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Shut up and get busy. It might not last.
    All kinds of temporary fluctuations exist in RR traffic, from seasonal tendencies, to a derailment or bridge washout on a line a ways from your area that diverts traffic to you, to a union work stoppage (or "to rule" slowdown) that clogs up yards and sidings.

3. rob deer

rob deer Guest

4. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

5. nvOne

nvOne Member

haha. no. neither of those. but both good guesses. 5 second rule. hehe. if it stops for 5 seconds you better hit it.

6. TrainPersonx

TrainPersonx New Jack

I don't know if this has anything 2 do with what your talking about, but my 2 reefer spot's have been dead the last week. I'm hoping this doesnt become a regular occurrence:mad:

7. FR8HOUND

FR8HOUND Dirty Dozen Crew

^^^^^^^^^^ AS ACCURATE AS IT GETS..:cool:

8. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Just to clarify on "to rule"...
    Unions have various tactics to get what they want/need from their employers. The strike is obviously the more extreme choice, but of course it may be illegal, they sacrifice paychecks, and might get replaced anyway. Less drastic, but often effective, is working "to rule". In the railroad industry there are a million (or at least several thousand) safety rules documented in book form. If people actually want to get a job done in a reasonable amount of time on the railroad the reality is that they're going to have to cut some corners, because there's so many rules that if you observed every one of them all the time, work would slow down to a crawl and business would suffer. Which creates an opportunity: a situation where you obey every rule in the book, still earn a paycheck, slow the work down to a point where it hurts your employer's bottom line, and yet can't get fired or penalized, because you're working "to rule", and if your boss tries to rush you you can pull out the rule book and give him the name and number of the safety rule(s) you are currently complying with. It's painfully obvious to employers when the union starts working "to rule" but there's not much they can do about it except negotiate on the union's issues.