Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

slept on mc:

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dusty Lipschitz, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Jackson

Jackson Veteran Member

2. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

ghostface and raekwon,

and kanye west.

3. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

dude, did Ill have you praying to allah, and you accidentally bumped your head?
    rza blows.

inspectah deck is the most slept on out of the wu. dude is not bad.

one of my favorite things about wu-tang, is how they suck now. which doesnt sound like much of a compliment, but when they put out 'forever' that was a double LP, filled with tracks for emcees, not radio hip hop fans. they could have totally blown up, but instead they stuck to their guns....now, it seems that for the most part, their guns were filled with blanks, but thats not important. what is, is that they 'kept it real', even though they could have kept it fake, and made a ton more money.

4. Rodney Trotter

Rodney Trotter Senior Member

Forever was an amazing lp, but their third long set sucked so badly - would you say Gravel Pit was keeping it real?

5. Rodney Trotter

Rodney Trotter Senior Member

And as far as slept on MCs go, I'll have to go with.....ah they're all rubbish.

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

tehy put out a group record after forever?
    hahaha.
    i honestly had no idea.
    i thought it was just a couple random solo projects.
    maybe im wrong, maybe they do suck.
    my bad.

seeks/yo, wutang fell the fuck off!

7. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

8. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

i personally like rza. but i'm not an MC, so maybe
    i'm not breaking him down with the scientifical madness
    to really know if he indeed 'blows'.

9. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

yo, what about choclair, "da chizzknock"?

10. I've always liked rza but his rap could get me tired pretty fast, he's dope for a couple of songs, or even better in those legendary full wu mc's swaping tracks...but he's kinda stiff after a while.
    And i agree with seeking, inspectah deck is awesome.

I still like the wu as much as first, i could listen to liquid swords another 1000 times and i always enjoy whatever rza puts his hands in, kill bill ill

11. lol
    this was supposed to just be about rza
    i was hoping youd chime in seeks...
    are you kidding? how can you possibly say he blows?!?!? ok, i was wrong and you were right in the whole nas vs. jay thing (please, people of the thread, lets not go there, its merely a point of reference for this convo), but i will stick to my guns about this. sekks, have you really listened to it? or is it "i listened to his cds once and wasnt feelin it"?

and i agree. they have def fallen off. i bought the new rae and was disappointed. maybe because i thought i was cool when i was sniffin alot of blow when onlybuilt4 came out, but his last 2 albums were garbage. and nothing else the wu puts out is very good. the new ghost comes out early next month. maybe he can restore some faith.

and deck is ill.

(ps- your homie dose was in a recent issue of utne. it claimed the most overrated mc = slug, most underrated = dose)

12. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

rza is cool..

deck's solo was kinda wack.

13. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

as a musician, dose is honestly one of the most underated people in music today. as an 'emcee', in the traditional sense, i kind of think he no longer really applies, he thinks he no longer applies, but as a musician, he's incredible. dude absolutely destroys shit live. nobody rides beats like can. its ungodly. he's the kema of hip hop. if you know what i mean.
    slug is cool for what slug is. he sent me an email the other day, so as long as he doesnt forget the 'little people' i cant hate. plus, he's making dibbs rich, which i'm all for. dibbs is the homie.

now as far as rza, dude's beats are real sick. as a producer, he's top notch, i'm just not feeling his lyrics. his deivery is comical, and his content is too serious to be taken serious. all that god, science shit hurts my brain. if others wanna like him, im not hating, but he's not for me.

14. beardo

beardo Guest

does that make me the dose one of graffiti? are these things interchangeable?

terror fabulous