1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

sleeves: left or right?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Feb 21, 2002.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

sleeves: left or right?

Discussion started by seeking - Feb 21, 2002

yes, i know, both, but since both is not an option right now...

i have no idea why im being stumped by this, and further more why im turning to channel zero for some sort of meaningfull discussion (if one can even be had on such a subject.) but heres the deal. ive been toying with the idea of a sleeve for a few years now. always, in the past, i just sort of blindly imagined it as being on my left arm, although i have no real reason for such a thing, ive just always 'seen' it there. now however, as i stand at the 'doorstep of eternity', im having second thoughts. not about getting it done, just about which arm to do. i know no one here can answer this for me, but im hoping that jobe and anyone else with sleeves will share stories with me about such a ridiculous thing. i know i cant be the only one to have gone through this 'torturous' mental anguish....

seeking/taking a break from my book oner

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  2. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie 12oz Elite Member

vinyl junkie - Replied Feb 22, 2002

i heard if you get just your right arm it means your gay...

kidding... i have my right arm done, but only real deciding factor was that there would be more cover ups if i had my left done... i'm right handed, so i think that had something to do with it too...

whatevr you do, have fun! :)

vinyl junkie - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. MR BOJANGLES

MR BOJANGLES Guest

MR BOJANGLES - Replied Feb 22, 2002

get it on your left if youre a righty, or vice versa...simple. :idea: (just like wearing a watch)

4. bug

bug Guest

bug - Replied Feb 22, 2002

iif you are right handed, you should do your left. if you are left handed, do the right. what you do while you are healing is a major factor of how well it heals, and hence how "tight" or "clean" it will look. if you don't use your rthe arm as much, it will heal better. palso, later in life, the arm that is more active is also vulnerable to more injuries and therefore scarroing. this is why i would get sleeved on my left arm.

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Feb 22, 2002

jesus bug, you made that almost scientific.

excellent points.
    its strange, when i look down at my arms, ive always just 'seen' it there... as if it already was, but then wasnt one day, ya know. i know that sounds hokey as fuck but whatever....

seeking/back to my book oner

6. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Feb 22, 2002

Personally I feel it depends on whats going to be included in the sleeve. I am right-handed and have added two to what will eventually become a sleeve when I get money and decide what exactly is going on. this is my plan. On my right side I'm going to have evil shit. So far I got a skull and a devil that facing forward. The reason for this is if I ever had to punch,slice or shoot someone with my right hand they would see the devil right before. On my left side I have plans to put an angel on the same spot as the devil and other peaceful type shit. Kinda showing two sides. At least thats my reasoning. You should get a little on each arm and work up to a full sleeve as money rolls in. Or else when one sleeve is done and your dead broke your gonna feel all lopsided. At least that how I felt.

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  7. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie 12oz Elite Member

vinyl junkie - Replied Feb 22, 2002

pistol- for the most part i feel that (this is not always true, but it is most of the time) sleeves done as small pieces end up looking really goofy. In my experience, a sleeve looks better when it is designed as one piece... my sleeve for instance, couldn't have been done as pieces. it's all one big picture. a piece sleeve usually ends up looking like a bunch of different tattoos just strung together... not to say it can't be done, but my personal preference is one big piece...

vinyl junkie - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

im with you on that... its going to be one giant image, not a bunch of small random ones. and i mean, i guess it could be done randomly, in very well planned pieces, but well, thats just dumb.
    and i dont think i will feel lopsided at all. i dont know why, i just dont get that impression... infact, im considering never getting the other arm. of course that could change, but i like the way it looks with just one arm done..

tease, i would tell you, but that would spoil all the fun now wouldnt it.

9. serum

serum 12oz Elite Member

serum - Replied Feb 22, 2002

this might be completely irrelevant but getting it on the left arm is a bit better in terms of concealing it if you need to in the future. like during work when i write on the white board my shirt sleeve pulls up a bit exposing flesh. i dont have any tats on the right arm so its okay. but sometimes when i point to the board with my left hand and the sleeve is pulled up a bit and a tiny bit of my tattoo on my left arm peeps out. now getting this done at 17 i never imagined myself being a teacher so keep that in mind that you might come across a job that might have high standards of formality and it might become a problem. i know you have long arms so give yourself like 2-3 inches from your wrist just in case. if you have some pics send em to me if you need to decide on content.

serum - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. serum

serum 12oz Elite Member

serum - Replied Feb 22, 2002

oh yeah i recently met a yakuza tattoo artist that uses the old school japanese method of tattooing with a stick and hes dope. but i dont have 300,000yen just yet. so keep that in mind.

serum - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  11. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Feb 22, 2002

Natalie Imbruglia Greyline Portrait?

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  12. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

serum, i had considered that exact thing quite a bit actually. i dont want to look down at a tattoo everytime i write my name. just because i have it doesnt mean i have to see it ever second of everyday.

i will indeed send you the sketch when i get it on saturday. maybe i'll send you some sort of prelim sketch tomorrow... i would have looked to you for 'authentication' anyway...

and in a rare change of circumstances, dont you owe ME an email??

haha.. hope all is well man.

13. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

exactly. haha.

alot of naked mexican sluts with little bubbles that say 'what up nigga, lemme suck yo dick, fool'

:D

14. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Feb 22, 2002

i thought this was gonna be about them shirts chicks wear with only one sleeve .....

i say left arm , bc im right handed and id get sick of looking at it all the time....

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  15. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

chicken bone - Replied Feb 22, 2002

ah yes if i were ever to get a tattoo i would hope to go to japan to get it but they are fucking expensive as you know already, the artists are great though because a large majority of people who get tattooed are yakuza affiliated so if the artist fucks up he loses his pinky.. or head depending on how high-ranked the customer is! this ensures for A+ jobs everytime yay!

do you know what area this guy is in and what clan he belongs to?