1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

sleeptalkers & other sleep oddities

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dirty_habiT, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

sleeptalkers & other sleep oddities

Discussion started by Dirty_habiT - Nov 25, 2002

Just now my little brother, while sleeping said:

"I think those are ours."
    Me: "What are?"
    Him: short pause "Those hammers..."
    Me: "The kind you nail nails with?"
    Him: short pause ".... Yeah..."
    Me: "Where did they come from?"
    Him: " I don't know..."
    end of conversation

Man... they say I talk in my sleep alot. My brother told me that the other night I was asking my boss in my sleep if I did a good job at work. I find that funny, because I'd never say that in real life.... so it makes me think, deep inside, am I really concerned with my performance at work. I know that I am, but I also know for a fact that when I put my effort into something I do a good job.

My mom said that when I was 6, she was in the living room watching Letterman or something, and I had already gone to bed, but I walked to the front door in my underwear, and started trying to unlock it.... in my sleep! Another time I went into the kitchen and got a glass and drank some water in my sleep. I find these type of things very weird. Lately, though, my brothers have seemed to be having weird dreams, because they do say some off the wall stuff.

Who else has some sleep stories?

Dirty_habiT - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  2. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang 12oz Elite Member

Mr. Mang - Replied Nov 25, 2002

lately i have had a few instances where i have gone to sleep and woke up gasping for air. it lasts only a few seconds but i literally cannot breathe. there doesnt seem to be any blockage that i know of such as sinuses or anything, but i stop breathing and it scares the hell out of me.

that was only a few times, however.

Mr. Mang - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. dELiSs

dELiSs 12oz Elite Member

dELiSs - Replied Nov 25, 2002

my dad and cousins live together so when i go there i share a room with my lil cousin and sleep on her bed. one time i was trying to sleep and she was already sleeping. and..she socks me in my back really really hard. i turn around and ask what the hell shes doing??she wakes up and says how she had a dream she was fighting this girl she hates. ...bitch...

and every other night she moves like crazy. i swear i want to box her when she's sleeping.

dELiSs - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. deznatori

deznatori 12oz Veteran Member

deznatori - Replied Nov 25, 2002

A lot of my friends. and including myself have sleep apneas (sp). I used to have narcolepsy pretty bad. I fell asleep skatebaording down the street once. I woke up when I hit the ground. I now get insomnia really bad sometimes. No sleep for like 5 days, a week. I probably average about 25-30 hours of sleep a week. One of my best friends sleep walks. He once made a sandwich of a twinkie on bread. One of the funniest things ever. Another of the boys has some crazy disorder were he has to wear a nasal oxygen tube when he sleeps.

deznatori - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT - Replied Nov 25, 2002

My step brother, once woke up and walked to the pantry, some of the other people that live here were awake.... so he opens the pantry, and proceeds to pee on the outside of the trash can..... we were like... "whoa!! whoa!! hey, what the hell are you doing?!" He thought it was the bathroom for some reason... but atleast he didn't wet the bed, he had the right idea, he's just in the wrong part of the house.

My kitten is sleeping on my shoulder right now as I type.

6. OVERsketched

OVERsketched New Jack

OVERsketched - Replied Nov 25, 2002

I once got out of my bed walked from one end of the house to the other and sat down on the couch in front of the T.V. I repeated a conversation I had with my mother while watching the Simpsons about 30 minutes earlier......I said the same things but not in the same context of time. It was weird to because 1 the TV wasn`t turned on and 2 my mother was at the kitchen bench cooking and not sitting on the couch next to me like when I was actually watching the Simpsons earlier 3 I didn`t have a clue about this except that I suddenly woke up when my dad came home and I was seated in front of the TV with my mum laughing at me....I was 9

OVERsketched - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  7. Fugazi

Fugazi 12oz Senior Member

Fugazi - Replied Nov 25, 2002

When you're in stage 3 (i believe) sleep your muscles are paralyzed, it's to keep you from hurting yourself while your brain is most active.

Fugazi - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  8. Fugazi

oxygen tubes are typical for sleep apnea, as it is irregular breathing.

9. sneak

sneak Guest

sneak - Replied Nov 25, 2002

according to my mum, once wen i was asleep i walked downstairs and started pissing into to pot plant. ;)

10. Fugazi

no prob. ever have that dream right when you're going to sleep and u trip and you brace for impact and you jolt and wake up? classic.

11. dELiSs

dELiSs 12oz Elite Member

dELiSs - Replied Nov 25, 2002

lets talk some more sleep tomorrow. i am going to sleep. or to try to. i will most likely lay there or a couple hours because it is freezing and i refuse to wear socks or pile on clothes. anywho

i love napping. i love sleeping in. i love my goosedown comfortor and pillows. and also my snowman sheets. yar..

you all have a great day yar.

dELiSs - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  12. Dirty_habiT

Fugazi I've had that dream before. Often, before I'm completely asleep, my mind wanders dreaming. I'll be conscious enough to realise that my mind was thinking whatever it wanted to just a second ago, and I wasn't completely asleep. It's weird, almost like I saw myself dreaming.

13. Fugazi

odd, isn't it? half way asleep, your mind starts wandering into irrational things. it almost feels as if you're just thinking, but there is no logic... once i was thinking about how my camera would be tastey.. and then i came out of the daze.

14. Fugazi

if you can fall asleep in under 20 minutes you most likely suffer from sleep deprivation.....
    you should get a feather bed too, that's one of my christmas presents.

:)

15. Dirty_habiT

Fugazi the veritable sleep expert.... I must inquire, where do you obtain your knowledge in these matters?

Aside from that, I also found that you people may be interested in some "Dirty trivia".... I love to sleep on the floor... it's the only way.

Haha, you know on Conan where they do the "Secrets" with celebrities? :rhetorical question: