sleep cycle creep

Cracked Ass

It's happening again. I'm not sleeping any extra hours a night - my average is still around 10 - but I keep staying up later because I'm not tired yet, then sleeping later into the day. I'm in a roughly 4AM-2PM sleep cycle now, and by the time I have breakfast and get caffeinated and cleaned up it's basically too late to look for a job or take care of other "business-hours" business. And it's much easier for me to stay up extra late than it is to get up early - bed is just way too comfortable, especially with fall in the air. Anyone else enjoying this problem?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yup. As soon as I get any free time for an extended period of time, the exact same thing happens to me. I currently wake at 3-4 pm and am awake until maybe 6 am, if I'm tired maybe 5. This definitely prevents one from having a productive day.

What I like about it though is the amount of time I have for induvidual pursuits that don't get done when there are other people around, like drawing. Another thing thats good about it is just how still (comparitively) things are at night. You get a different perspective on your neighbourhood when you wander around at night.

if you keep the same sleep cycle going for a while you will accomodate to it

my basic schedule is go to sleep around 5 am

wake up at 10am

go to work around 10:30ish till about 11pm-1am ish

then i go out for a while

then i repeat the same thing the next day

nightowls.

Originally posted by WhenOne

if you keep the same sleep cycle going for a while you will accomodate to it

my basic schedule is go to sleep around 5 am

wake up at 10am

go to work around 10:30ish till about 11pm-1am ish

then i go out for a while

then i repeat the same thing the next day

nightowls.

you got some gay work hours. what do you do?

I stay up until between 4am - 7am and sleep until anywhere between 10:30am - 4pm... It's weird. Everytime I wake up early by accident I pretend like that means it's going to be easier to fall asleep earlier in the evening, and I'm going to fall back into a normal sleeping pattern. Yeah right. I don't even start to feel tired until Conan has already been on twice. lol ...It's definitly hard to get motivated to find a job when sometimes the sky is already getting dim by the time I roll out of bed...

Originally posted by post.

I don't even start to feel tired until Conan has already been on twice. lol ...

Yeah, same here, I see the same conan episodes three times, the normal conan at 1:30, the other late late one the next day, and the daytime one a day later around 3 pm I think.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

you got some gay work hours. what do you do?

i do custom suspensions, bodywork and fabrication

for vehicles of course

the hours would suck but im drunk half the time and not doing any real work

so that means that we stay later to finish up shit that beer got in the way of

were just a bunch of drunk people with welders and plasma cutters

covered in grease 100% of the time

i love my job

i have always had a hard time falling asleep

but since i've been riding my bike a whole lot more, its been much easier.

i love to stay up late. (3 or 4 am)

and i hate to get up early (before 9am)

i have a job now where i can pretty much show up when i want, at first around 9:30, lately it's been more like 10:30 or 11

my boss is damn cool though, he don't give a fuck as long as the genes get sequenced.

my last job we could arrive between 8 and 9:30 and i would always get there at like 9:40...aaaahahaha i hate that shit..i am never on time in the morning

eventually i'll be jobless again, when i become a rich artist and make my own hours (yeah right)

and i'll be living the 10 hours of sleep a day life again..

but for now, fuck it...

sleep is for babies..:D

i get up at 6:30 am, go to work from 9 til 6:15 don't get home until 7pm, and go to bed super early cuz otherwise i sleep at work. on the weekend my body won't readjust to sleeping late and i wake up at my normal weekday sleep time, and i can only fall back asleep til like 9 or so. wish i could sleep in.

last year around this time i was only sleeping 3 hours or less a night..i would go to bed around 5:15 and wake up at exactly 8:15 and go to class...id be tired for a while, then wake up, then get tired, then wake up and not be tired agin til 5 am. it drove me crazy. this year im better, i get at least 5 hours a night which isnt great but its enough to keep me going. dont even get me started on my summer sleep schedual..that was some shit.

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

It's happening again. I'm not sleeping any extra hours a night - my average is still around 10 - but I keep staying up later because I'm not tired yet, then sleeping later into the day. I'm in a roughly 4AM-2PM sleep cycle now, and by the time I have breakfast and get caffeinated and cleaned up it's basically too late to look for a job or take care of other "business-hours" business. And it's much easier for me to stay up extra late than it is to get up early - bed is just way too comfortable, especially with fall in the air. Anyone else enjoying this problem?

I suffer from the same predicament.

THE FALL IS THE BEST TIME TO SLEEP.I lOVE THAT FIRST FALL DAY WHEN YOU WALK OUTSIDE AND SEE FROST AND YOU CAN TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND YOUR LUNGS FILL UP WITH THAT FROSTY AIR THAT HAS BEEN A YEAR IN COMMING..GOD I LOVE THE FALL ,TOO BAD THE WINTER HAS TO FOLLOW.OH NOT TO MENTION THAT ITS PERFECT WEATHER TO ROCK THAT BEAT UP OLD HOODIE FOR A MONTH STRAIGHT

i'm up drinking, painting and doing whatever drugs i can get my hands on till like 5-6 every single night. then my parents(in my mid twenties i went back home?weak) try to wake me up around 9-10 and i'll act awake till their gone and be out till like 4:30-5. got a bill board, two freeway spots, and seriously hammered off beer-vicodin-xanax-cocaine mix last night, so things could be worse, right? right?

Archived