Slaptag commercial...

Smart

So, Chevy has a commercial with people getting over with the 'backslap' sticker tag on the hockey players... after the Erni stuff for Sprite and the IBM stencil campaign for that Linux stuff, and this for Chevy, I can now say that we live in the end of days. The last seal has been opened. In 4 years graffiti will be called 'aggressive skating'

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

Aser, refer to the 'aggressive skate' thread on CH0 and you'll get the sarcasm behind those lines.

However, smart...i didnt understand much either...'backslap'? sorry i'm just a stupid european...fill me in bro, i'm dying to discuss the relation between graffiti and adverstisment.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Smart, you explained it in the most american way you could:D

but i got the point.

I dont know if you recall the last olympic games, many athletes had this fake puma logo tattoo on their arms.

However, i always thought that advertisment and graffiti walked hand in hand. Its no wonder that historicly the primetime of advertising coincides with the big wave of graffiti (correct me if i'm wrong).

One of the many reasons i concider america graffiti's natural place is the relation it has with the graphic design of that era, the methods used and the need behind all that.

From a point of view its kinda equal, you take a little you give a little back.

I doubt that graffiti will become aggressive skating although as a trend it may already be.

I'd like to believe that the reasons that force us to go out and paint are more serious than just getting up and therefore graffitti will remain what it is and a whole separate thing than advertising.

so, just a little while ago, I saw a commercial for DIYnet and some guy is trying to copy instructions as the guy on tv says them and SUDDENLY, you find out what a DOPEASS crib this dude is having when a train passes by outside, like 5 feet out and 10 feet below from his window. The ULTIMATE benching spot... so, anyway, he misses the instructions, but, fortunately he can go on the web and get his instructions for HOW TO PHOTOGRAPH TRAINS!!! The last shot of the ad shows him, presumably having just snapped a picture of a freight.

This is more of what I'm on about... the guy could be a railfan but still, I resent them(tv ad execs) creeping into 'our' turf...

it's like the 80's when skating was a 'badboy' sport and no ad media would touch it, then there's a Mt. Dew commercial featuring vert skating and now you can even see a kid bust a flip trick in an ad for a credit union.

Archived