Sketching Pens??

seeks_oner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i dunno if theyre expensive.....but then again all art supplies are expensive.....unfortunately. i use to get indian ink pens free from my teacher back in high skool. so my suggestion to you is either rack or find a job. i dunno what else to recommend. oh yea....ball points work as well and you can get a pack of those for 2 or 3 bucks.

Guest Ser3adc

i like plain old big blue ball points for skething...but sometimes i use the fine point sakura microns...those are really tight...especially for cross hatching...and they are easily rackable from staples. hope that helps.

Guest Ser3adc

^^yea...staples has got the 12 pack of prismas...a pair of baggy jeans and a belt and you're good to go...and not locked up...as for the pens...the ballpoints are the bic ones with the clear shell...with the pointed blue cap...and the other kind i mentioned are sakuras...they got them in the drafting section with all the other art shit.

Originally posted by merce

prisma r well expensive a guy tried 2 sell me em from a shop for like $60 for a pak of 6

haha, thats crazy. prismas are usually about a dollar a peice.

Originally posted by brisk

haha, thats crazy. prismas are usually about a dollar a peice.

i had gotten a 24 pak for x-mas that was $80 but ivdivuly there like $2-$3......

...for sketrching i use to use the uni-ball visions then i went to black jell pens now im into fine tip sharpys thanks to imens(i forgot his name on here)

i use a bunch of old dried out prismas. fuck that outlining pen shit. sharpies work fine. just cut the lines with either a mini deco or a white/silver gel-pen. fuck pencils too. gain confidence with sharpies. i can understand people using pencils....but i dont really venture into doing too much in the way of wildstyle shit. so i dont need alot of pencil guidelines.

it matters wether you r just talking bout outlining or like shading n shit. I use a uniball roller to outline stuff because it wont smeir when i run a marker over it. But (and this is a skill that takes time) if you want to shade stuff u can just use the regular bic pens; red is easier to shade with because its lighter. Im getting alot better with these but i have seen ppl that can shade shit better than a regular pincil with the bic's. Thats what i use.

primas are mad expensive but i like em, and just rack em anyways.

i saw a huge thing of like 124 or some shit at a bookstore, fuckin things were over 300 bucks! and then are like 3.50 a piece. rack them fuckers.

does office depot n places like that carry these sakura microns?

Guest -MOE LESTER-

wow...you guys pay for prismas..your all officially GAY....stupid asses...prismas are easier to rack then not even racking at all

• 2 weeks later...

Archived