sketches

nick5542

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Your just doing this to early. Work on it for some more years and then post it. Nobody likes to see early stage stuff cause it all looks the same, not good. So come back later pleasewhen you have style. Thanks.:o

you have no letter structure. Its understandable that your new to it. Simplify your letters and try to keep thier widths the same through out the letters. Keep everything really simple because allt he crazy wild style looks like shit unless it based off of good simple letters with a solid structure. Try to think of your simples as being comrpised of bars that can be bent and turned but thier width stays the same throughout. Look at old subway writers and other simple letters and you will kinda see what I am talking about.

Wow am I really in that good of a mood today?

eww those sketches look knarly man.

thats not a good thing....

start off by making normal font letters fit together nicley. ie just take a plain looking R and then draw an S next to it but try and make them fit together nicely. dont worry about adding gay arrows or thinning out some parts of letters more than others. you will eventually get a consept of where you can put things like arrows and shit and make it look good. for now you are a bigginner and you need to start off simple. when i started i was drawing shit that was just bend arrows to form letters and then some kid who was quite into graffiti was like yo thats wack start again and try this.... blah blah blah. I didnt wanna listen to him at all cauz i thought the arrows looks cool!

whell they didnt.

I then started doing simple shit and only would make it look different by bending parts of letters a little. ie i would only tamper with the letter structure so I would make a V possibly look a little more like a U with a pointed bottom. looked different from the common V so i was happy. I then after a short while was keeping stuff simple but it was slowwly getting better. like i was adding things onto letters and it actually looked good. MAJOR CLUE though!

when you wanna spruce up your letters keep this in mind. Tamper with the letter, dont add on to the letter. also try and use a sharp pencil and make fast soft lines. they will look like you used a ruler when you havnt, and this makes letters look a lot cleaner which will effect the look of your piece as a whole.

anywho im kinda high and its 2 in the morning here so im gonna hit the hay. sketch your brains out sol. i dont think i would be anywhere with graffiti if i didnt have a love for art. if you dont have that honestly you will only last a month or so and will most likely write some chicks name in crappy graffiti and think your all hard core and shit. but ya anywayse sketch your brains out and im sure you will see improvement!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived